2009 Dixie Heights

Ram

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#84 is Josh Stegner, Stansberry is #56 and played on the ol last year

I stand corrected. You are right. I think Stegner is also tall and I frequently, and mistakenly thought it was Stansberry throughout the season. My mental block has carried over in the off-season.:eyeonyou:

If I was Tom I would put Zeke Pike at QB next year and move the Wilson kid to a wideout..JMO..

If you want to win in 2009, that is not a good move. It is a tough call. Pike is going to play somewhere on varsity. He is too good and too big not to. If he is not the QB, then where does he get reps and experience as a QB? If he is playing varsity you aren't going to play him on JV so he misses out on needed QB experience there. Pike has not played QB much. This freshman year was the first year he has played QB. Do you sacrifice wins this year, especially the first half of the season, to go ahead and let Pike take his lumps at QB on varsity? I would leave Wilson at QB and let Pike mature another year. Work him hard at QB all off season next year and go with him as the QB when he is a junior.

How many more chances will Spritzky have to win the big ones? I feel like with the facilities upgrade and the probably the one of the top tier of athletes to choose from that he should be getting better results than he is. I have been out to Dixie a couple of times for different events and it seems like they might have anything and everything that an athletic department could possibly ask for. It just isnt getting done on the field consistently.

I would agree with most of your points gravedigger. However this years senior class, with the exception of Brock, Gotsey, Vreeland, was not good at all. He had little varsity experience to work with. However, Spritzky has won some big games but they were either with the 2003 or 2005 class. He also won the districts in, I believe, 2006. The biggest problem is they have not won the big game/s vs. Cov Cath or Highlands.

I just think that he has the most raw talent to choose from in all of NKY. With that being said there's no reason that with the right coach Dixie couldn't be an absolute powerhouse. I don't know how administration is content with mediocrity. Isn't he the AD as well. If that's the case, I guess it's hard to fire yourself...

I just think that he has the most raw talent to choose from in all of NKY. With that being said there's no reason that with the right coach Dixie couldn't be an absolute powerhouse. I don't know how administration is content with mediocrity. Isn't he the AD as well. If that's the case, I guess it's hard to fire yourself...

Perhaps you can go over their and coach since you seem to have all of the answers. The school with the most raw talent is in Fort Thomas period. All the bird fans love to get on here and think that because things are not done the way Dale and Company does them then they are not done right. Dixie has many more athletes that play multiple sports as evidenced by the success of their basketball and baseball teams. Can Highlands say that? NO

I get tired of getting on this site and seeing all of the Highlands fans do nothing but display disparaging remarks towards Tom and then sing the praises of Steve Lickert. What exactly has he won? Nothing. Enjoy the success of the Birds without taking potshots at other programs and alumnus of Highlands.

Almost every program has its down years. Dixie in 2009 is going to be a very good team. They will have talent in 2009 they did not have in 2008. I disagree with your comment that Dixie has the most raw talent in N. Ky. I think 2009 is going to be a good year for Dixie.

If you want to win in 2009, that is not a good move. It is a tough call. Pike is going to play somewhere on varsity. He is too good and too big not to. If he is not the QB, then where does he get reps and experience as a QB? If he is playing varsity you aren't going to play him on JV so he misses out on needed QB experience there. Pike has not played QB much. This freshman year was the first year he has played QB. Do you sacrifice wins this year, especially the first half of the season, to go ahead and let Pike take his lumps at QB on varsity? I would leave Wilson at QB and let Pike mature another year. Work him hard at QB all off season next year and go with him as the QB when he is a junior.

This is a very good post V-O-R. I would also go with a Junior(Sr to be) with some varsity experience instead of throwing Zeke to the Lions. However, i do not agree with letting Zeke playing nothing but QB on the on the JV level and not getting some good varsity experience. Does Zeke play defense? Why not let the kid play defense and then play QB on the JV level. The kid is too good of a player not to be on the field. I'm sure Tom will find some way to utilize Zeke Pike's abilities.

This is a very good post V-O-R. I would also go with a Junior(Sr to be) with some varsity experience instead of throwing Zeke to the Lions. However, i do not agree with letting Zeke playing nothing but QB on the on the JV level and not getting some good varsity experience. Does Zeke play defense? Why not let the kid play defense and then play QB on the JV level. The kid is too good of a player not to be on the field. I'm sure Tom will find some way to utilize Zeke Pike's abilities.

Zeke is going to start on varsity somewhere. And that is the dilemna because if he starts on varsity, can you put him at QB in JV games to get experience?

Zeke is going to start on varsity somewhere. And that is the dilemna because if he starts on varsity, can you put him at QB in JV games to get experience?

By rule I would say you can, don't know if there even is one but would Spritzky do that. I don't know. I do agree Pike needs to play. Is he that good to be a QB on the next level. To play him out of position (QB) to just win and doesn't help him on the next level i think is an injustice to the kid. Now is he a true QB? Please, I don't know so what say you Dixie fan. A big kid he is so LB or TE. What was his Dad? And how does his Dad feel?

• 1 month later...