Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Baseball

Featured Replies

Maybe I could drop some of the dirt off the wheel wells up at HP.....

  • Replies 211
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You probably want to be the 1st one to cut the Infield grass as well. Just make sure the mower is set on 3" please. You wouldn't want someone cutting your new Toupy(SP) with a pair of #1 shears.

17.jpg

Thanks.... I'll would probably have to fight the head coach to cut the grass!

Great to hear, as this field really needed it. But with the season such a short ways off, I would think the infield will be extremely bumpy until the seams of the sod start to fill in and grow together. Shame they couldn't get it down in the Fall.

 

Not only that, but is 3 weeks enough time for the roots to grow and hold the sod down? Granted, NFL teams add sod to the field during the season, but we're talking a high school baseball field. That will definitely be rough to play on.

Not only that, but is 3 weeks enough time for the roots to grow and hold the sod down? Granted, NFL teams add sod to the field during the season, but we're talking a high school baseball field. That will definitely be rough to play on.

 

Motz who is doing the project said there should be no problem with the field being ready for the season.

Motz who is doing the project said there should be no problem with the field being ready for the season.

 

I don't doubt that it'll be ready to play on at the start of the season. I just wonder if it'll hold up to the daily abuse.

Finally this day has come. Work started today on a new Sod infield at Highland Park. They are also re-working the dirt for drainage purposes.
Someone here (other than myself) was thrilled to hear this good news! :ylsuper:

I bet the pioneer of HHS baseball was!

Motz who is doing the project said there should be no problem with the field being ready for the season.

 

And I'm sure they're right. But there is a big difference between being "ready for the season" and being a smooth, quality infield. I'm sure it will be in time, but I've never seen any recently laid sod that wasn't bumpy around some of the seams. Just the nature of the beast until the roots take hold and the seams grow together and fill in. Bottomline, though, it that is appears as though HHS is going to have a much nicer field to play on this season!

Anyone have any pictures?

And I'm sure they're right. But there is a big difference between being "ready for the season" and being a smooth, quality infield. I'm sure it will be in time, but I've never seen any recently laid sod that wasn't bumpy around some of the seams. Just the nature of the beast until the roots take hold and the seams grow together and fill in. Bottomline, though, it that is appears as though HHS is going to have a much nicer field to play on this season!

 

I totally agree but I would think that Motz is going to cut the grass in as big as pieces as they can handle. The less number of seams the less number of problems. I'm sure this isn't Motz first dog & pony show.

I heard that each piece was 4 ft wide and 128 ft long.

I heard that each piece was 4 ft wide and 128 ft long.

 

Schnikies! :eek: Glad I'm not carrying those rolls.

Schnikies! :eek: Glad I'm not carrying those rolls.

 

What kind of rolls are you talking about? :lol:

Wow!!! I see where HHS has added Cincy St. X to the Home schedule on May 5. Keep beefing up the schedule. When you see and play the some of the best out there, you can learn from it. Maybe they can keep their winning streak going against them. Won the last two, at St X no less. I think their coach called it a "Banquet Win". :lol:

Edited by Ram
Rule 1

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.