Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Virginia Tech 20 UC 7

Featured Replies

I picked this one, but was kind of hoping Cincy would win.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing could sell the tickets to this game, lol.

 

It could to me, lol. I love Defense and special teams play!

The play call was a very bad choice. Either call an HB dive or a quick slant. Either of those calls would have been more effective than Pike keeping the ball.

 

I didnt think it was too bad of a call. Pike just gave a pathetic effort.

The play call was a very bad choice. Either call an HB dive or a quick slant. Either of those calls would have been more effective than Pike keeping the ball.

 

Maybe so, that could be argued over and over. My point was that the VT/Foster defense made the plays thye had to make. The pick in the endzone was another example.

I didnt think it was too bad of a call. Pike just gave a pathetic effort.

 

I can agree with that. Pike showed no drive what so ever. Really disappointing effort.

I didnt think it was too bad of a call. Pike just gave a pathetic effort.

 

I agree..

Maybe so, that could be argued over and over. My point was that the VT/Foster defense made the plays. The pick in the endzone was another example.

 

I can agree with that. It was a good play by VT's defense, just I think it was a poor effort on UC's part. The pick in the endzone was just stupid.

I enjoyed watching this game more than any bowl game so far. That is due to the fact that both teams play football the way I love to see it played - emphasis on Defense and special teams (especially VT).

Frank Beamer is one of my favorite college coaches and imo one of the very best coaches in the country, he is a class act.

Brian Kelly is a very good coach as well, if he stays ay UC then this will not be their last trip to a BCS bowl and Big East championship.

VT's goal line stand late in the 4th was the ball game.

 

"offense sells the tickets, defense wins the game"

I thought the pick right before the half was the killer.

The play call was a very bad choice. Either call an HB dive or a quick slant. Either of those calls would have been more effective than Pike keeping the ball.

 

If Pike puts his head down and drives into the endzone its a great call, but he decided to go soft at the wrong time!! That, plus the "what was he looking at" interception in the endzone, and his three other picks; pretty much sealed the deal!!

 

An awful lot of hype to show up with this performance--Guess they should have stayed at the Fountainbleu and gone to Diddy's party??

I thought the pick right before the half was the killer.

 

Hard to argue that as well. :thumb:

I can agree with that. Pike showed no drive what so ever. Really disappointing effort.

 

Meow comes to mind!! :D

Why is Bud Foster not a hot commodity on the coaching cirquit. His name always comes up about potential head coaching positions, but noone gives him a shot. His defenses are always so fundamentally sound and play so hard. That is the mark of a great coach!

If Pike puts his head down and drives into the endzone its a great call, but he decided to go soft at the wrong time!! That, plus the "what was he looking at" interception in the endzone, and his three other picks; pretty much sealed the deal!!

 

An awful lot of hype to show up with this performance--Guess they should have stayed at the Fountainbleu and gone to Diddy's party??

 

I'm sure the party would have been sweet.

Pretty bummed, but it was a great season and an amazing time getting to cover this team.

 

Byrd was a monster on D, but the rest of the unit didn't make the plays. A lot of credit there goes to VPI though. I thought what they did to establish the run was brilliant. Early on they were running counters, traps, end arounds and everything else they could think of and when UC adjusted they ran it right up the gut. Hats off to the Hokies there. They made a very veteran group think instead of just reacting and it resulted in a 2-1 time of posession.

 

Pike was bad, and a lot of the play calling had the guys up in the press box scratching our heads at times.

 

Tough loss, but a great ride to get there. 10 starters gone on D next year but almost all of the O returning. Replacing Goodie will be a chore. Thanks Cats. It's been a great ride...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.