Benjamin Button

GusMcRae

I had lunch yesterday with my father and his group of guys who eat together every Wednesday. Several of them had seen it, as well as the waitress lol, and all of them loved it.

I think this might be one I wait for it to come out on DVD. Especially since I don't see movies at the theatre much anymore...to expensive.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my expectations were too high because of this thread, but I wasn't overly impressed. I liked it, but not as much as most apparently.

My wife and I saw this movie last night and I was not impressed. We had heard it got mixed reviews and was way too long.

I could not in good conscience recommend this movie to anyone. Emotional? I didn't get it and I cry at comedies. Great? Hardly. Interesting to watch the progression physically of the Pitt character but hardly a great/inspiring/emotional story. I'm not sure what the point of it was. Don't judge others? Enjoy your life to the fullest? Cliched if that's it.

Very disappointing.

My wife recently lost her mother, and seeing the daughter setting in the hospital room with the dying mom was tough for her, which got her crying(and made me emotional seeing her upset). The movie itself was disappointing for me. I agree with Clyde in that it was not a great/inspiring/ emotional story for me neither. And I still have yet to determine the point of the movie.

Saw it last night. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Unique story, and the scenes of the period settings in the movie, which had to be recreated from 1918 until 2005, were impressive.

Very emotional at the end.

I didn't realize the movie was based on a short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the author of The Great Gatsby.

Edited by The Professor

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to seeing the movie tonight. Loved it, loved it, loved it. I especially liked the narrative style employed throughout the flick. I just knew it would have to end sadly, but it was still a bit tough to watch the final few minutes.

I will add this one to my DVD library.

I have sooooo many movies I need to catch up on, including this one. I'm going to get comfortable in my summer routine, then find a girl to start watching them with in a couple weeks. Movies alone get's sad after a while.:cry::lol:

I guess my expectations were too high because of this thread, but I wasn't overly impressed. I liked it, but not as much as most apparently.

You summed it up for me. I was really expecting to be blown away from the reviews. I liked it but not a movie I would watch again.