Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Direction of the Program

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point of this?? I stopped reading when it said Gillispie has not been a part of doing much charity work...Silly post.

I think they will be ok, they have a nice class coming in next year. We knew from the start he wasn't a very good in game coach, better get used to that.

  • Author

The purpose of the post is to express that there is more that goes into college basketball, especially at the University of Kentucky. Public relations is key to winning over a fan base that will scrutinize your every move. I for one agree that basketball at the collegiate level should be about coaching and teaching players. However, there is a subtle obligation to relate to fans and the community.

 

What's the point of this?? I stopped reading when it said Gillispie has not been a part of doing much charity work...Silly post.

This is why I often felt uncomfortable scouting games. I didn't see any of that from watching that game.:confused:

Nice jacket, GT...

It's a thriller...

Give BCG a break... He can't make chicken salad out of... Let's see, what is the rest of that old saying? :lol:

 

Its too early to label him a bad hire, IMO. Let him get a season with his own players on the court and we'll judge the hire then.

What's the point of this?? I stopped reading when it said Gillispie has not been a part of doing much charity work...Silly post.

 

Agreed.

 

I also stopped paying close attention and knew it was flawed when it said "its still too early to judge the guy BUT (I'll do it anyways.)."

What's the point of this?? I stopped reading when it said Gillispie has not been a part of doing much charity work...Silly post.

 

 

Totally agree. As far as the fans and Coach G., I believe he is very fan friendly, I watched him sign autographs and take photos during halftime of the Holmes, Scott Co. game Sunday until play resumed. Again, Pitino is gone, move on.

Coach G has been very generous to local charities and has been very respectful every time I have seen the man in public. I think he receives the fandom well and appreciates the passion of the UK faithful. We may have some struggles on the court sometimes, but off the court he has been nothing but receptive to the UK and Lexington communities.

  • Author

It is too early to judge whether he will be deemed a good hire or not. However, it is not too early to critique the current state.

 

Agreed.

 

I also stopped paying close attention and knew it was flawed when it said "its still too early to judge the guy BUT (I'll do it anyways.)."

Coach G has been very generous to local charities and has been very respectful every time I have seen the man in public. I think he receives the fandom well and appreciates the passion of the UK faithful. We may have some struggles on the court sometimes, but off the court he has been nothing but receptive to the UK and Lexington communities.

 

Wasn't it Coach G that was listening to a "buy a dog sell a hog" type show in a tiny town in Central KY and ended up buying a person a car or something?

Wasn't it Coach G that was listening to a "buy a dog sell a hog" type show in a tiny town in Central KY and ended up buying a person a car or something?

 

Something like that. I know he heard a story about a woman who was trying to pay for a funeral for her dad or something and he sent her a check to pay for it.

Then there was this...

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.