Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Direction of the Program

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I just added it to my favorites :thumb: I always enjoy opinions on UK sports.

No, I thought this forum was open to opinion based commentary, without all the negativity I found on many other boards. I'll keep my piece on my personal blog.

 

If you're going to write an opinion piece, you have to have the cajones to accept the responses - negative and positive. If you can't , blogging and offering opinions might not be for you.

 

Are you saying this forum should only have posts that agree with your opinion? Is your definition of "negativity" "you guys don't agree?"

No, I thought this forum was open to opinion based commentary, without all the negativity I found on many other boards. I'll keep my piece on my personal blog.

 

Why take it down then? Stick with it...

 

That wasn't so bad and sure wouldn't have blown the board up.

So, anyway, about the blog...

 

In paragraph three, are you saying you think UK should have waited for Billy Donovan to change his mind? Or am I reading that wrong?

  • Author

I do not want all people to agree with me, nor do I want everyone to disagree with me. That to me is not the point. I think of the post as expressing what I am thinking at the time. That's why I started the blog. A great man told me that was what made fans the best, they always said exactly what they were thinking. However, sometimes what was being said didn't reflect what was being thought. I just wanted to express what I was thinking.

 

If you're going to write an opinion piece, you have to have the cajones to accept the responses - negative and positive. If you can't , blogging and offering opinions might not be for you.

 

Are you saying this forum should only have posts that agree with your opinion? Is your definition of "negativity" "you guys don't agree?"

I do not want all people to agree with me, nor do I want everyone to disagree with me. That to me is not the point. I think of the post as expressing what I am thinking at the time. That's why I started the blog. A great man told me that was what made fans the best, they always said exactly what they were thinking. However, sometimes what was being said didn't reflect what was being thought. I just wanted to express what I was thinking.

 

 

Express away :thumb:

I understand there will be disagreements and differences of opinions. However, having this board blow up is not worth the piece.

Don't flatter yourself. :rolleyes:

Don't flatter yourself. :rolleyes:

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

  • Author

Do I think he would have changed his mind? Maybe. The reason being is that there was a lot of pressure riding on him, especially coming off back to back national championships. Would he have excelled here? Who knows. I think that in his heart there was a huge struggle. Do you stay for what you have created, or do you leave for the greatest program ever?

So, anyway, about the blog...

 

In paragraph three, are you saying you think UK should have waited for Billy Donovan to change his mind? Or am I reading that wrong?

Instead of throwing out generalities, give us examples.

 

"his ability to adjust during games is questionable." Examples?

 

Pitino made us feel like assistant coaches?

 

If UK waited much longer than they did, PP would most likely be somewhere else.

 

Coach Gillispie needs motivation? What does that mean?

 

If this were an assignment and the assignment was to support an opinion, you'd get a C. Not for what your opinion is (that's irrelevant) but , rather, how you can't seem to stick to a point. You go back and forth and blame everyone from BCG to Tubby to fans to the administration and you don't cite any examples.

Instead of throwing out generalities, give us examples.

 

"his ability to adjust during games is questionable." Examples?

 

Pitino made us feel like assistant coaches?

 

If UK waited much longer than they did, PP would most likely be somewhere else.

 

Coach Gillispie needs motivation? What does that mean?

 

If this were an assignment and the assignment was to support an opinion, you'd get a C. Not for what your opinion is (that's irrelevant) but , rather, how you can't seem to stick to a point. You go back and forth and blame everyone from BCG to Tubby to fans to the administration and you don't cite any examples.

 

 

Clearly a Pitino/Donavan guy.

Instead of throwing out generalities, give us examples.

 

"his ability to adjust during games is questionable." Examples?

 

Pitino made us feel like assistant coaches?

 

If UK waited much longer than they did, PP would most likely be somewhere else.

 

Coach Gillispie needs motivation? What does that mean?

 

If this were an assignment and the assignment was to support an opinion, you'd get a C. Not for what your opinion is (that's irrelevant) but , rather, how you can't seem to stick to a point. You go back and forth and blame everyone from BCG to Tubby to fans to the administration and you don't cite any examples.

What he said ^

  • Author

You are right. I question in game adjustments, including defensive and offensive schemes. Especially games like VMI, and Georgia last year in the SEC Tourney. Coach Pitino had the ability during his post-game press conferences as well as radio shows to motivate you, as he would his own assistants. The game plan may not be discussed in detail, but he provided oratory skills that motivated fans to feel like they were working alongside him. I agree that PP would probably have ended up somewhere else. This would have caused issues at the present. However, I believe that the coaching search should have come first. PP is a great player and will end up playing professionally. However, the long-term success of our program hinges on the hire that we make now. It will ultimately influence future hires. I think more time should have been devoted to the process to see how it would have panned out. As far as motivation for Coach Gillispie, I do not see the passion and intensity. No doubt he cares about the job and his career as a coach, but I don't see that passion that is deep within someone. The kind that needs no fuel to fire it. Every game for me would be the national championship. That's the way Kentucky does it.

 

Instead of throwing out generalities, give us examples.

 

"his ability to adjust during games is questionable." Examples?

 

Pitino made us feel like assistant coaches?

 

If UK waited much longer than they did, PP would most likely be somewhere else.

 

Coach Gillispie needs motivation? What does that mean?

 

If this were an assignment and the assignment was to support an opinion, you'd get a C. Not for what your opinion is (that's irrelevant) but , rather, how you can't seem to stick to a point. You go back and forth and blame everyone from BCG to Tubby to fans to the administration and you don't cite any examples.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.