Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Direction of the Program

Featured Replies

If you get past generalities we might be able to have an intelligent discussion.

 

Can you be a bit more specific in regards to the VMI game or the UGA game you mention?

 

Coach Pitino motivated you by his post-game press conferences? Really?

 

You don't think BCG's passion , devotion, and intensity maybe cost him his previous marriages? What doesn't he do for you that would indicate he has a passion for the game?

 

You are right. I question in game adjustments, including defensive and offensive schemes. Especially games like VMI, and Georgia last year in the SEC Tourney. Coach Pitino had the ability during his post-game press conferences as well as radio shows to motivate you, as he would his own assistants. The game plan may not be discussed in detail, but he provided oratory skills that motivated fans to feel like they were working alongside him. I agree that PP would probably have ended up somewhere else. This would have caused issues at the present. However, I believe that the coaching search should have come first. PP is a great player and will end up playing professionally. However, the long-term success of our program hinges on the hire that we make now. It will ultimately influence future hires. I think more time should have been devoted to the process to see how it would have panned out. As far as motivation for Coach Gillispie, I do not see the passion and intensity. No doubt he cares about the job and his career as a coach, but I don't see that passion that is deep within someone. The kind that needs no fuel to fire it. Every game for me would be the national championship. That's the way Kentucky does it.
  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are right. I question in game adjustments, including defensive and offensive schemes. Especially games like VMI, and Georgia last year in the SEC Tourney. Coach Pitino had the ability during his post-game press conferences as well as radio shows to motivate you, as he would his own assistants. The game plan may not be discussed in detail, but he provided oratory skills that motivated fans to feel like they were working alongside him. I agree that PP would probably have ended up somewhere else. This would have caused issues at the present. However, I believe that the coaching search should have come first. PP is a great player and will end up playing professionally. However, the long-term success of our program hinges on the hire that we make now. It will ultimately influence future hires. I think more time should have been devoted to the process to see how it would have panned out. As far as motivation for Coach Gillispie, I do not see the passion and intensity. No doubt he cares about the job and his career as a coach, but I don't see that passion that is deep within someone. The kind that needs no fuel to fire it. Every game for me would be the national championship. That's the way Kentucky does it.

 

That's the way Gillispie does it.

Motivation from coach G is the least of my worries at this point. I agree 100% of your point about in game adjustments but other than that you lost me.

1. Pitino's gone.

2. Billy D turned us down.

 

I thought we'd moved past these things. Well, #2 anyway...I know some fans will never get over Pitino's departure. As if anything could have been done about it. About either of them for that matter...

This thread is awesome :lol:

 

Why do you think I broke out the Thriller jacket and grabbed some popcorn... :D

1. Pitino's gone.

2. Billy D turned us down.

 

I thought we'd moved past these things. Well, #2 anyway...I know some fans will never get over Pitino's departure.

 

If they just could have waited until after the signing period to get Billy D everything would be different... ;)

  • Author

The post is not about not getting Billy Donovan, nor is it about Pitino not being here. The post is about the direction of our program and my take on it. Nowhere in the post does it say that I wish Donovan was here, nor does it say that I wish Pitino never left. Changes take place. That is what happens. I expressed concern as to whether our program was heading in the direction we as fans want it to. Some may think it is, currently I do not think it is. Coach Gillispie may have us heading in the right direction in the near future. Only time will tell.

 

If they just could have waited until after the signing period to get Billy D everything would be different... ;)
If they just could have waited until after the signing period to get Billy D everything would be different... ;)

I will tell you one thing people keep forgetting is that in the same offseason Donovan said NO to UK, he said YES to to the Orlando Magic job and a few hours later went back to Florida. Not that it is relevant to the thread, but just some trivia that will be good years down the road.

The post is not about not getting Billy Donovan, nor is it about Pitino not being here. The post is about the direction of our program and my take on it. Nowhere in the post does it say that I wish Donovan was here, nor does it say that I wish Pitino never left. Changes take place. That is what happens. I expressed concern as to whether our program was heading in the direction we as fans want it to. Some may think it is, currently I do not think it is. Coach Gillispie may have us heading in the right direction in the near future. Only time will tell.

 

You said you wish they took longer in the coaching search. Given the sensitive nature of recruiting, that would have effectively set the program back farther. I'm all for setting UK back as far as possible, so I really like the idea... :D

You said you wish they took longer in the coaching search. Given the sensitive nature of recruiting, that would have effectively set the program back farther. I'm all for setting UK back as far as possible, so I really like the idea... :D

 

He also said people might change their minds from decisions made in the heat of the moment...

 

Who on earth could he have had in mind?

 

Thad Matta

 

:lol:

A personal assessment.

 

 

By the way, I'm direct when I express an opinion. Its not just with you.

By the way, I'm direct when I express an opinion. Its not just with you.

 

Making some new friends today are you? :lol:

 

I believe Dale Carnegie wrote a book just for people like you. ;):D

Making some new friends today are you? :lol:

 

I believe Dale Carnegie wrote a book just for people like you. ;):D

 

Well, I didn't want him to think I was only direct with him. Heck, I attack many illogical posters on here. You had better be sharp, Coop, or you'll be added to the list.;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.