Tebow's NFL Thoughts Right Now

swamprat

Colt McCoy can actually PASS the ball. Tebow's numbers say he can, but with that slow delivery and awkward motion, and his non-blazing speed, there is no way he will make a good pro QB.

You only play to his down side. First you say he can't take a hit from Ray Lewis and when rebuttled you only come back with things that have nothing to do with taking hits. His passes seem to get there in the SEC and that is as close to the NFL as you can be without being in the NFL. You base your insights solely on numbers, but numbers are not what football is about. If you went on numbers then the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl. You talk like a person who has never played a down of football. Yes he has a slow delivery, yes his motion is akward, but so was Steve Young's. Just because he has akward tendencies does not mean he will not be successful.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only play to his down side. First you say he can't take a hit from Ray Lewis and when rebuttled you only come back with things that have nothing to do with taking hits. His passes seem to get there in the SEC and that is as close to the NFL as you can be without being in the NFL. You base your insights solely on numbers, but numbers are not what football is about. If you went on numbers then the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl. You talk like a person who has never played a down of football. Yes he has a slow delivery, yes his motion is akward, but so was Steve Young's. Just because he has akward tendencies does not mean he will not be successful.

Getting hit by Ray Lewis is not the only reason he won't make it, I was pointing that out.

Youre right, completing passes against the likes of David Jones and Robbie Mcatee is as close as you can get to the NFL. Tebow doesn't throw a spiral and his passes won't get there against the speed of NFL corners.

What do the Patriots have to do with Tim Tebow??

So was Andre Woodson's and we see where he is.

Getting hit by Ray Lewis is not the only reason he won't make it, I was pointing that out.

Youre right, completing passes against the likes of David Jones and Robbie Mcatee is as close as you can get to the NFL. Tebow doesn't throw a spiral and his passes won't get there against the speed of NFL corners.

What do the Patriots have to do with Tim Tebow??

So was Andre Woodson's and we see where he is.

*So the only passes he completed all year were over the heads of Jones & Mcatee?

*No QB makes every pass a perfect spiral. Farve's passes have become less and less spiral looking, but he seems to be getting the job done.

*You base your logic on numbers and in football numbers are more for show than anything else.

*So was Young's and we see where he is. By the way Tebow's arm strength is much greater than Woodson's was as far as velocity and he bring something to the table Woodson didn't. ATHLETICSM. That sounds more like Young than Woodson.:sssh:

Good post CC

*So the only passes he completed all year were over the heads of Jones & Mcatee?

*No QB makes every pass a perfect spiral. Farve's passes have become less and less spiral looking, but he seems to be getting the job done.

*You base your logic on numbers and in football numbers are more for show than anything else.

*so was Young's and we see where he is. By the way Tebow's arm strength is much greater than Woodson's was as far as velocity and he bring something to the table Woodson didn't. ATHLETICSM. That sounds more like Young than Woodson.S:sssh:

That sounds more like Vince Young then Steve Young to me. Are you seriously calling Tim Tebow the next Steve Young???

And no, Andre seemed to have a LOT more velocity on his balls then Tim Tebow does.

In some ways, I feel that Tebow's pro chances are similar to Tyler Hansborough's. Both always find a way to be effective no matter what- the effort and efficiency could translate to success at the pro level. Two examples- look at Brett Favre in the NFL and Charles Barkley in the NBA- neither were physically spectacular but had tremendous careers due to effort and pure will.

On the other hand, Tebow has something that Psycho T doesn't- Tebow is a freak of nature. I can't really doubt his success at the NFL due to his competitive nature, his combination of size and speed, and his ability to throw the football. He will fit in somewhere.

Tebow is going to be a high first round pick when he enters the draft.

What improvements do you see Tebow making to achieve this status? I have seen nothing that indicates that analysts that are paid to predict this kind of thing think that he will go nearly that high when he comes out. So what kind of new ability or change are we going to see that makes this happen?

In some ways, I feel that Tebow's pro chances are similar to Tyler Hansborough's. Both always find a way to be effective no matter what- the effort and efficiency could translate to success at the pro level. Two examples- look at Brett Favre in the NFL and Charles Barkley in the NBA- neither were physically spectacular but had tremendous careers due to effort and pure will.

On the other hand, Tebow has something that Psycho T doesn't- Tebow is a freak of nature. I can't really doubt his success at the NFL due to his competitive nature, his combination of size and speed, and his ability to throw the football. He will fit in somewhere.

Don't see that example at all. You don't get to be #1 in almost every career passing stat in the NFL on effort and pure will.

Nope I don't think so. ESPN did a report on Tim and in his home were a lot of gator items. Parents have season tickets, siblings went there. Gator players on the wall posters. He lead Bama along, it was sad if you are a Bama fan. We lost other players and our coach lost a job. The kid was a gator from the get go.

I spent WAY too much time on the net back then and we wished Tim would had the ESPN special sooner.

What improvements do you see Tebow making to achieve this status? I have seen nothing that indicates that analysts that are paid to predict this kind of thing think that he will go nearly that high when he comes out. So what kind of new ability or change are we going to see that makes this happen?

I think he'll get picked high based on his potential. Just like Vince Young and Mike Vick.