Tebow's NFL Thoughts Right Now

swamprat

I think that he will be successful in whatever he decidesto do next season and for the rest of his life. I think that he is good for college football right now because of what he does off of the field. He is not a show off and he knows what is important in life which is shown by what he does in the off-season.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is can Tebow run a pro style offense? Today's college QB's are very tough to project since many teams run the spread. I don't think anyone doubts Tebow's talents, but the NFL isn't the SEC, I have doubts about him at the next level, and the odds say he won't be superior in the NFL.

While I don't know the number he needs to hear to pull the trigger, I would imagine a Top 15 suggestion would pull him out. I don't think he'll end up as that type of player. One thing we all need to remember is the arrogance of the NFL heads in charge of the teams. They feel they can "fix" the shortcomings in the coaching at the college ranks....meaning that someone will feel they can "make" Tebow a prolific NFL QB....I think he just might go...with Harvin all but gone, it would make next season that much more difficult and there's not much more that "Superman" can accomplish at this level.

While I don't know the number he needs to hear to pull the trigger, I would imagine a Top 15 suggestion would pull him out. I don't think he'll end up as that type of player. One thing we all need to remember is the arrogance of the NFL heads in charge of the teams. They feel they can "fix" the shortcomings in the coaching at the college ranks....meaning that someone will feel they can "make" Tebow a prolific NFL QB....I think he just might go...with Harvin all but gone, it would make next season that much more difficult and there's not much more that "Superman" can accomplish at this level.

I agree with you. I personally like Tebow, but IMO, his best days are as a college QB. He could stay another year and possibly go down as one of the greates college players ever to play the game. In the NFL, he may not even be a 1st rounder. He's a bigger, better throwing Tommie Frazier (Nebraska), and I just don't see him translating his game as a QB in the NFL. I can't foresee a team taking him in the first round (maybe not even in the 2nd round) as a project. He would play the slot (but very slow for the NFL) or TE (would need to get much stronger and learn how to block), so who would take him and pay him severl million for that?

He stays in college and can still get drafted in roughly the same slotting, and possibly walk out of college with the reputation of an Archie Griffin (who turned out to be nothing more than an average NFL player)

1. Of course his better days are in college. He's a legend in Gainesville and around the country. He will be one of the most remembered players in NCAA History.

2. No he won't be able to run as much or as well. BUT, this year he really hasn't ran as much. His runs will be to by time or shortyardage in the NFL, which he is a battering ram anyways. Just because he's a QB he isn't tough?

3. I think that though his accuracy has issues (usually 1 or 2 drives a game) he is overall a decent passer. The tough throws he made on the TD's against bama were NFL passes, IMO.

4. NFL QB's are based alot on leadership. Guys like to play with him and they play hard for him. Once he gets a chance and does well he will command a lockerroom.

5. Why would you want him to play anything besides QB? At TE or FB or H-Back he's looking at what? 5-6 touches a game max? It's hard to be a leader of a team when you are the Fullback. And his leadership skills are 2nd to none.

6. Don't underestimate the chip that Tebow will carry with him on his shoulders. Mel Kiper pretty much told him to his face in that interview that he couldn't/shouldn't play QB in the league. Whenever he goes pro, the team that takes him will/should break him in just as Meyer did his freshman year. Design a package for him, and let him go to work.

Tebow will be an NFL QB. The spread is slowly making its way to the NFL. Quite a few elite programs are running it, and they are sending players to the league. I feel that the wildcat is the just the beginning. It will be in the league shortly. Tebow and Terrelle Pryor will lead the way for it. Harvin, Maclin, Devine will play big roles as well. I know no one will agree with that, but how many people felt the Spread would work in the SEC?? All it will take is for someone to try it out. The NFL is boring compared to the NCAA. Defenses have advanced lightyears ahead of offenses in the NFL. 35 points is a high scoring game!! Go ahead and laugh now, but 3 or 4 years from now, I may be saying I told you so.

It may fade, but i think it is just a gateway for bigger things. The Wildcat is really just basic offense (singlewing on steroids), but is a way to get a different look and get the ball directly to a teams biggest playmaker. Athletes are getting better and smaller on both sides of the ball. But, the biggest change is on offense. Linemen are getting faster, backs in college are smaller and are running faster than defensive backs. That is really the reason the spread wouldn't work in the NFL. In the past it really wouldn't have been able possible to block for a spread running game in the NFL. I think a good offensive mind like Payton or Garrett could really do some nice things to make the spread shine in the league. Why wouldn't you want it to work? I really like defense but if two teams are playing on Sunday (or anyday for that matter), and i don't particularly cheer for either one, I would want the game to be a high scoring shootout. What is that in the NFL? 28-24?

Yeah but so were SEC players. I think when people say this they think that its just fast defensive players going against slow offensive players. For instance, last years Patriots. They passed from the gun quite a bit and were nearly a spread offense. Brady is a great QB, but he's not athletic enough for them to be a complete spread team, Pryor or Tebow would be, though they'll never be the overall Quarterback that Brady is. Still, still spread elemnents worked for them. The Colts have a lot of spread elements to their game. The Saints are as spread offense as you can be without being spread. It's been coming. The right style of players are moving into the league now for a conversion to it. Yeah, most teams will still be pro style. But, to say that defenders in the league are too fast is absurd. Look at whos coming into the league. The Elite Speed is on offense. Maclin, Rainey, Harvin, Demps, Devine, McKnight. Those guys are too good to be non-factors or simply return men. Does every defender in the league run a 4.2? No, you're lucky to have one or two db's that fast. Someone will make it work.

There are freaks of nature in the NFL...the wildcat is a fad, it will fade, the true spread will not be a factor in the NFL...

:thumb: I love Tebow, but his game is best suited in college, where he can be one of the greatest. IMO, he is not the Freak of Nature that would be able to take his game to the NFL. It's a shame that there is not a place for the players like Tebow, Frazier, Smith (OSU) to be standout QB's. One of the analysts tried to make the comparison of Tebow to Steve Young. I don't know about that. Steve Young was one of the best throwers in NFL history (or was it that he the best cathcer in NFL history????:D)