Tebow's NFL Thoughts Right Now

swamprat

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Tebow has much of a future at RB. He just doesn't have the type of speed that NFL teams are looking for in a running back.

He could be a decent TE, but who knows if he can catch?

I think Tim Tebow has every intention of playing quarterback at the next level. And I see no reason why he cannot.

QB's generally have the best hands on the team.

I don't make that mistake, but I also know that the pros look for a certain style, and Tebow at the very least hasn't been shown to have that style yet. Many analysts feel the same way about Tebow's prospects. I certainly feel that he will be given a shot somewhere in some position, but IMO he won't be going in the first two rounds, and may not go on the first day at all.

He would remind me of Rothlesburger(sp?).

Tebow is College Footballs version of Tyler Hansborough. Great college player, but neither play the type of game that will allow them to excel at the professional level. Tebow im sure will be back next year, just like TH stayed for 4, and he may win 3 Heismans in a row. But Heismans dont mean much in the pros. Paging Archie Griffin.

There is no way Tebow is going to play LB in the NFL.

The game is so fast and he has never even played it. He is not used to taking the beatings they take consistently. The same could be said about TE, but not to the extent of a LB. I could see him being a TE in passing situations.

Also, NFL RBs are burners and can cut on a dime and he doesnt have the ability to do what they do. I could see him being a short yardage back or even teams running some form of the Wildcat with him.

With all of that being said, I think he is gonna be a starting QB in the NFL and none of this will even be issue.

I do remember that a player by the name of Alex Smith played for Meyer at Utah, got drafted high and has been a complete bust. Now I know Tebow is better than Smith, but UF's offense doesn't equate to success on the next level for QBs. When I think of Tebow I think of a tough nosed, leader, who's best attribute is his legs, and not his arm. He'll be in the league but I don't expect much from him, could be a solid backup.