Favorite Type of Donut

GrizzlyAdams

Glazed or chocolate long johns.

Does anyone remember Manyet Bakery in Newport. They had the best glazed and chocolate long johns ever...Boy do I miss those.

Doesn't get any better than donuts from Emerson's Bakery in Florence. They make a mean chocolate long john as well.

Is that place still open on 42 next to Remke's?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston Creme from Busken. or their Glazed. Busken makes the best Doughnuts in the area IMO.

As a donut afficianado, let me second this. Although Busken is getting a bit pricey for a donut from a quality perspective alone, no question.

If you're a jelly donut fan, this is the place to go.

If you're a fried danish fan, this is the place to go.

Doesn't get any better than donuts from Emerson's Bakery in Florence. They make a mean chocolate long john as well.

Is that place still open on 42 next to Remke's?

I don't get to sample Emerson's as much but they are near Busken's in quality.

Well, today I was at a Speedway and I got myself 3 jelly donuts and the cashier laughed when I bought them saying nobody buys them. Jelly donuts are hands down my favorite, but I love glazed donuts as well. Only if they are warm though. Whats everyone elses?
I agree. Jelly donuts are the best! I like grape the best...or blackberry...or strawberry. ;) Also liked the éclairs with chocolate on top and creme in the middle. Of course, having actually eaten any of these, I would hate myself severely! :irked:

Glazed or chocolate long johns.

Does anyone remember Manyet Bakery in Newport. They had the best glazed and chocolate long johns ever...Boy do I miss those.

Boy do I! Every Saturday we would go down there and get a dozen. Love me some chocolate with sprinkles.

If I get them now Its usually from Cookie Jar on Monmouth.

Jolly Pirate Donuts here in Ashland.

I'll take donut holes over anything. Second place is a tie between regular glazed donuts or chocolate covered.

I'm not a fan of donuts stuffed with anything. Just don't like em'.

Chocolate long johns or custard filled.

Usually get one of each with a chocolate milk.

Creme filled chocolate iced long johns are delicious, too! Dave's Bakery in Flatwoods also has mini chocolate iced long john's. In the words of Homer Simpson, "mmmmmmm, donuts."