Florida 31 Alabama 20

Skunk

I can understand both of those but have a hard time believing you can come up with a good reason to hate Tebow.

Any time I see a player that the media has a total love affair with, I find it easy to get sick of it and develop a dislike for him.

"Tim Tebow cures crippled orphans in the South Pacific, then while trying to save the earth the greenhouse gasses forgoes his flight home and walks back across the Ocean."

Similar to Peyton Manning the media is infatuated with Tebow, thus as a contrarian I cannot stand him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a GREAT game and even better atmosphere! This was the National Championship game IMO. I like the Fla/OSU matchup with the way they are both dominating.

Tebow has to be one of the best college players of all time! I don't know how you can not love watching the passion this kid plays with. He is a hoss! I can't get over the #1 ranked team being a 10 pt underdog while the other team is without one of the best players in the nation!

I really wanna hate Tebow but I just can't seem to do it. :lol: He seems like such a good guy and he really cares about winning and that team. Hes the All American Boy.

Tebow should win the Heisman, but it won't happen.

I don't see OU staying with Florida. JMO.

I'm right there with ya....I've tried really, really hard to dislike him, but he's probably my favorite college player. Dude is the real deal.

Agreed with all these posts. :thumb:

I agree with most other post in that this was a great college football game.

I cannot stand Florida at all but like others I cannot bring myself to dislike Tebow (as bad as I want and have tried to to bc he plays for UF:D). Tebow is obviously the real deal as a football player and as a person. This game came down to the Gators made the plays when they had to make them. Just a very well played game by both teams.

I was dissapointed in Bama's loss but I believe this season ad this game has proven that Alabama is back! Only 9 scholarship seniors will be gone from this team. The SEC had better get ready for the Tide to roll in the future, they are not going anywhere. I don't think it is a question of "if", just when Bama wins it's 13th national championship and 22nd SEC title.

Great game. Bama just didn't have enough offensively to hold off the Gators. Two turning points in the game were the fake field goal, when they could have went up by 6, and the drive with 9 minutes to go in game with them down by 4. Don't see why they felt the need to try to strech the field that early on first down. They had been running at will all 2nd half. It really set the tempo for the rest of the drive with a 1 yard run on 2nd down, and then a sack on 3rd down. You cannot go 3 and out on this Gators team and give them a short field, Tebow will slice you to pieces.

With my friends I said that Louis Murphy (the most unlikeable gator i might add) would be huge if the Gators won. He was, even though he didn't get into the end zone. The he had some huge catches that went for big yards. Especially the one on the drive that put Bama ahead for good. I believe that Saban had a good game plan overall, but simply 20 points just isn't going to beat Florida.

ALso, give credit to Mullen, the weak spot in the Bama defense is the secondary especially at corner, and 3 or their 4 touchdown passes were quick passes on 3rd and goal. Tebow is a different kind of player. Everyone is impressed with his trucking runs and all that garbage, but Tebow would be great even if he was 6-1, 187 and ran a 5.2 40. He has mastered his offense as well as anyone ever has. To me it's what he does on 3rd down that sets him apart. Flordia gets hyped because of all the speed and big plays, but what really kills teams against the Gators is getting them in to 3rd and 7 or so, and Tebow finding some unheralded player for 15 yards. Tebow will be an NFL QB in my opinion. He will have to sit a few years to learn to come from under center, and he won't be running the BLAST at Shawne Merriman, but he is a great game manager. His leadership is really 1st rate, thats what great NFL QB's have, also he has a great arm and is accurate. SO Just because he runs the spread he wont be a good QB in the NFL???? Bradford pretty much runs the spread, McCoy's team is spread, but they are so much better give me a break. NO. Tebow would get my vote for the HEISMAN. HE is the best player in college football. UF would have lost 2 or 3 games with any other QB in the country. With him they are probably on their way to another national title, and most likely a repeat next year.

The biggest difference in this team since the Ole Miss loss is the role players role in the game. Yes, Demps and Rainey are track stars BUT THEY CAN'T BEAT YOU FOR 4 QUARTERS. They can't get the tough 4 yards on 3rd down to keep the drive going, so Moody comes into the game, and HE CAN DO IT. Percy Harvin is as explosive a player as their is in college football, BUT HE CAN'T MAKE THE TOUGH POSSESSION CATCHES IN TRAFFIC, but Murphy, Nelson, and my personal favorite on the team Arron Hernandez can and Tebow finds them.

That said, i probably sound like a UF homer. I HATE FLORIDA AND THEIR ANNOYING OHIO STATE-ESQUE. I CANT STAND URBAN MEYER. I REALLY DON'T LIKE MEDIA SUPERSTAR TEBOW. But, you have to give a team their due they will be a handful for OU to beat. There i said it. Yuck

P.S. UF's defense was pretty nice overall as well. Brandon Spikes is (should be) a 1st round pick and by next year Janoris Jenkins will be a top 3 corner in the country.

Great game. Bama just didn't have enough offensively to hold off the Gators. Two turning points in the game were the fake field goal, when they could have went up by 6, and the drive with 9 minutes to go in game with them down by 4. Don't see why they felt the need to try to strech the field that early on first down. They had been running at will all 2nd half. It really set the tempo for the rest of the drive with a 1 yard run on 2nd down, and then a sack on 3rd down. You cannot go 3 and out on this Gators team and give them a short field, Tebow will slice you to pieces.

With my friends I said that Louis Murphy (the most unlikeable gator i might add) would be huge if the Gators won. He was, even though he didn't get into the end zone. The he had some huge catches that went for big yards. Especially the one on the drive that put Bama ahead for good. I believe that Saban had a good game plan overall, but simply 20 points just isn't going to beat Florida.

ALso, give credit to Mullen, the weak spot in the Bama defense is the secondary especially at corner, and 3 or their 4 touchdown passes were quick passes on 3rd and goal. Tebow is a different kind of player. Everyone is impressed with his trucking runs and all that garbage, but Tebow would be great even if he was 6-1, 187 and ran a 5.2 40. He has mastered his offense as well as anyone ever has. To me it's what he does on 3rd down that sets him apart. Flordia gets hyped because of all the speed and big plays, but what really kills teams against the Gators is getting them in to 3rd and 7 or so, and Tebow finding some unheralded player for 15 yards. Tebow will be an NFL QB in my opinion. He will have to sit a few years to learn to come from under center, and he won't be running the BLAST at Shawne Merriman, but he is a great game manager. His leadership is really 1st rate, thats what great NFL QB's have, also he has a great arm and is accurate. SO Just because he runs the spread he wont be a good QB in the NFL???? Bradford pretty much runs the spread, McCoy's team is spread, but they are so much better give me a break. NO. Tebow would get my vote for the HEISMAN. HE is the best player in college football. UF would have lost 2 or 3 games with any other QB in the country. With him they are probably on their way to another national title, and most likely a repeat next year.

The biggest difference in this team since the Ole Miss loss is the role players role in the game. Yes, Demps and Rainey are track stars BUT THEY CAN'T BEAT YOU FOR 4 QUARTERS. They can't get the tough 4 yards on 3rd down to keep the drive going, so Moody comes into the game, and HE CAN DO IT. Percy Harvin is as explosive a player as their is in college football, BUT HE CAN'T MAKE THE TOUGH POSSESSION CATCHES IN TRAFFIC, but Murphy, Nelson, and my personal favorite on the team Arron Hernandez can and Tebow finds them.

That said, i probably sound like a UF homer. I HATE FLORIDA AND THEIR ANNOYING OHIO STATE-ESQUE. I CANT STAND URBAN MEYER. I REALLY DON'T LIKE MEDIA SUPERSTAR TEBOW. But, you have to give a team their due they will be a handful for OU to beat. There i said it. Yuck

P.S. UF's defense was pretty nice overall as well. Brandon Spikes is (should be) a 1st round pick and by next year Janoris Jenkins will be a top 3 corner in the country.

Big fan of James Joyce's writing style are you? ;):p

I like neither Tebow or UF, and Meyer. Never have, never will.

If Tebow wins the Heisman over Bradford, McCoy, or Harrell, wow I will have to say things just are not right. Also, hearing Tebow today put himself in the top 3 of the Heisman race made me a little angry.

So you're saying Tebow is not in the Top 3 for the Heisman...hahahaha. Wow, that's funny.

So should Percry Harvin, who's stat's receiving and rushing don't come close to those of the big boys, but most people believe he is the best all around player in the country, should he win the Heisman too?
Nope, because if Tebow is out instead of Harvin and Florida has to rely on Brantley/Harvin yesterday, Florida loses.

All the other Heisman candidates are great at their positions. However, Tebow is a great quarterback, a very good running back, and has been a good receiver and blocker out of Florida's version of the Wildcat. You can throw stats at me all day. I've seen all of them play and Tim Tebow is the best Football Player of the bunch.

Big fan of James Joyce's writing style are you? ;):p

On a sidenote, the least enjoyable book I ever EVER read was James Joyce Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. That book could make you never want to read a book again.

Back to the topic at hand.

Anyone heard from Larry?

If I know Larry, he is probably disappointed, but happy with the way this season has gone. No Bama fan expected an undefeated regular season coming into this year...remember we are still a year away from being good. Bama was preseason #3 in the West behind LSwho and All Barn. Bama will be fine, the focus now goes onto the BCS bowl (probably Utah in the Sugar Bowl) and finishing the year 13-1 and being ranked in the top 5 in the nation.