Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Liggins declines to go in game....

Featured Replies

Some people don't respond well to getting screamed at for every little mistake. Legion didn't like it either.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then they never should have signed to play at a school where the coach is a screamer.

 

Surely they would have done their due diligence and known how the HC coached. And just as surely they wouldn't have signed believing that they were so good as to be immune from that kind of coaching.

Send him home , win or lose.

Then they never should have signed to play at a school where the coach is a screamer.

 

Surely they would have done their due diligence and known how the HC coached. And just as surely they wouldn't have signed believing that they were so good as to be immune from that kind of coaching.

 

I don't know, I don't know how the rules work, can they go to practices? The fact is a lot of kids in todays society do not respond well to being screamed at. They may have a dad at home who yells, it could be a number of things. But if you get in a situation where their afraid to make a mistake, that's not a good situation. A lot of kids couldn't play for a Bobby Knight either.

I like Liggins, but he isn't the answer to our PG struggles. It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out.

I like Liggins, but he isn't the answer to our PG struggles. It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out.

 

As I said before ," he is not a point guard "and some die-hard fan told me I was crazy. :argue:

What has he done that proves he is so much better than Porter? Liggins has done nothing to prove he is better. He turn is over just as much as anyone the team, he doesn't shoot he ball very well, and gets out worked in practice. Yes he was highly recruited but, he hasn't proved anything on the college level yet.

 

IMO, Liggins is more of threat to score and a better defender. Porter really is just staright up schooled sometimes. I don't see that when DeAndre plays D.

I would would take Michael Porter over Liggins any day...I wouldn't want anyone on my team that refused to go to battle...:irked:

I would would take Michael Porter over Liggins any day...I wouldn't want anyone on my team that refused to go to battle...:irked:

 

I didnt really want Liggins in the game toward the end anyway. I thought MP held his own yeasterday as he was much more active. He just has to work on cutting down that turnover number and I go back on my words and be happy with him at the point

I didnt really want Liggins in the game toward the end anyway. I thought MP held his own yeasterday as he was much more active. He just has to work on cutting down that turnover number and I go back on my words and be happy with him at the point

 

You might not have wanted Liggins in at that point of the game but Coach G wanted him in...If Liggins is bold enough to refuse to go in the game when the coach tells him to...IMO that is disrespectful to the Coach and the team...This team has enough trouble with turnovers...The last thing they need on this team is a cancer...I'm sure Billy G. will take care of the problem...:thumb:

If I was Liggins I would be a shamed.

 

1. for not going in when the coach asked.

 

2. For letting Porter beat me out of playing time. Because Porter is Good.... Good and Terrible.

One immature moment by a frosh is hardly cause for concern. I'm confident BCG will handle it properly and the kid will learn from it. Otherwise, he'll have to move on ala Legion.

 

Porter/Liggins: Neither has played well. We don't know what happens in practice. Maybe Liggins isn't working hard enough. I think BCG understands the importance of winning games so he's not submarining the program.

 

Lastly, two words: Joe Crawford

The thing is this... Porter has maxed his potential. He's not getting any better. He is what he is, which is pretty horrible. Liggins and Galloway (who is the one really not getting a fairshot) have extremely high ceilings, and the best way for them to learn is under fire. If your turning it over 30+ times in a game then you aren't helping the team at all by leaving the more experienced guy out there. Let the young guys turn it over 30+ times and learn under fire. Believe it or not, they might get better.

I thought Gillispie handled this situation very well. Here is a little piece of info from Matt May with a quote from Coach.

 

“As far as his situation last night I’m a hard guy, I’m a hard coach, there’s no question about it but I’m a loving coach. I love competitors and I love guys that get madder than heck when they don’t get a chance to play. I think he could have handled it better because it would have meant more to his teammates if he handled it better but I don’t have a problem with a guy…I mean I’ve got a problem with a guy not going into a game, but he’s a competitor, he wanted to play, he didn’t handle it the right way but it’s taken care of and he’ll have a little extra stuff this week because of it. We weren’t going to penalize the team today and I asked them how they wanted to take care of it and they said, ‘Let’s play our regular rotation and try to win this game.’ He handled it great and it’ll be a big stepping stone for him.”

Liggins chose not to go in the game around the 12 minute mark in the 2nd half. If I remember right, thats when K State started to erase a 17 point lead. I'm sure the team was effected by this. This can't EVER happen again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.