Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Liggins declines to go in game....

Featured Replies

Watches too much NBA....lets hope that Marberry isn't his role model.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I see what your saying I truely do. Porter is our most "experienced" PG and most "knowledgable in the system" but if he is the best option we have, then you must question the kind of season we are in for. College basketball is dictated around guard play and that is a proven fact, and with all the great guard duo's around not only college BB but the SEC, then we will already be at a disadvantage going into a guard duel with Porter as our lead, anyone who knows college basketball, and who is unbias, and has watched Porter play (all season) could tell you this.
Agreed 100% and I don't think, anyone would disagree with you, on the weak PG play. This team will need someone, to assume this role and control the half court game, for it to be competitive against good teams.

This situation wouldn't bother me so much if Liggins were better than Porter. He's not though. They're at the same level in my book. Both of them turn the ball over way too many times and neither have shown that they are a threat to score.

 

I do think Liggins should be starting or at least getting the majority of the playing time. He's our future point guard and will be contributing to the team for a few more years. Porter is gone soon. Might as well throw him to the wolves now and let him get some experience out there.

 

Choosing between Liggins and Porter at point guard is like being asked if you want to die by electrocution or lethal injection. Doesn't matter which one you choose, both are going to be terrible.

If Gillespie wants to display any semblance of consistency then he needs to kick Liggins off the team.

 

He did it to a walk-on last year for a much lesser offense.

:thumb: I was never really a Joe Hall fan, but one thing that I loved about him was that it did not matter how big the star or how big the game - if a player broke team rules then they paid the price.

Maybe Liggins wasn't ready to play in this game...Maybe he wanted someone with more experience to play...and was looking out for the team's best interests. This could be a thought. :D:thumb:

I'm sorry guys, I can't stand watching Porter play point. I'd be a little ticked watching him get more minutes, if I was Liggins. This better be fixed quick.

I just read this in the paper, and was shocked. This is not good for the Cats.

Where has all of Liggins' good play been so far? I sure haven't seen it. Here's the bottom line - Porter is our best option at this point in the season. BCG is the dog and the players are the tail - the tail sure as heck don't wag the dog. As soon as Liggins realizes that, he'll be able to help the team.

 

Yulp. Anybody on here that questions a high level D-1 coach is out there mind.

I'm sorry guys, I can't stand watching Porter play point. I'd be a little ticked watching him get more minutes, if I was Liggins. This better be fixed quick.

 

What has he done that proves he is so much better than Porter? Liggins has done nothing to prove he is better. He turn is over just as much as anyone the team, he doesn't shoot he ball very well, and gets out worked in practice. Yes he was highly recruited but, he hasn't proved anything on the college level yet.

If Gillespie wants to display any semblance of consistency then he needs to kick Liggins off the team.

 

He did it to a walk-on last year for a much lesser offense.

 

Big difference, walk-ons are told from the get go there is a zero tolerance clause for them.

Its time to be a man and stop being a prima donna. Liggins has dressed for 5 games and things are not always going to go his way. That is life not just on the basketball court. Man up... be a leader, like a point guard is suppose to be. Apologize to your teammates and play the next play.

 

When you throw it away, play the next play. When your on the bench and get put back in say yes sir, and play the next play. If he was my kid I would not be happy with him and old dad would let him know !!

If I were Coach G. he wouldn't be returning to Lexington with the rest of the team. I tell him to go back home to Chicago and not come back.

If I were Coach G. he wouldn't be returning to Lexington with the rest of the team. I tell him to go back home to Chicago and not come back.

 

I feel about the same as you do. I think he's just frustrated because he cant do what he thought he was going to be able to do in college. He just isnt ready, plain and simple.

Hopefully he will make up and play tonight. We need him to win. We only have 2 point guards on the team, and if one refuses to play, we have a Marbury/Kincks situation!:eek:

First of all, Liggins hasn't been playin exceptionally well this year at all...

Second of all, for those who played basketball under a good coach knows that, no matter the situation, you never say no... Liggins deserves to be removed from the team, no doubt. That's completely disrespectful and garbage. You respect your coach no matter what...

 

You can be angry, but handle it within yourself and not by disrespecting the coach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.