Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Porter

Featured Replies

He is horrible. Not a real PG. He plays scared almost.

 

Based on last night??? What UK player other than Patterson didn't look outclassed? Porter was overwhelmed just like every Cat that handled the ball. Porter is not that talented, but there are too many posts on here that says he plays scared. He's not scared, just overmatched and can't do what more talented players can do. There is no legit ballhandler on this team, including Porter. He is a bench/role player, but scared, no way!

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of the typical walk on albeit he is not that but, he should play the walk on minutes (up 40) not the Ravi Moss walk on minutes. Hopefully, everyone is right on him and the season and he will be benched in favor of one of the better freshman guards. he doesn't even look like he belongs. Don't get me wrong, UK is bad and played bad but, this kid is DIII material at best! Maybe he would help our football team out and I'm surprised that Billy G hasnt pushed him that way.

Everyone wants a scapegoat, leave the Porter kid alone. He was hustling and giving his best. They all crapped down their leg IMO but so would I if I had to face those NC guards. Lawson is just sick the way he gets loose balls and shoots himself out of a cannon.

 

Darius Miller was also definitely one of the players who soiled his pants. He threw the ball away twice in 30 seconds and Billy G was like, ok. OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

It's sad that you apologize for Porter, but blast Miller.

 

First, you are absolutley right abour Porter. He hustled, played hard, and was overmatched against the best team in the country.

 

As for Miller, he threw the ball away as much as any other player on the court (less than most), yet I saw more defense out of that young man last night than I did the 5 years combined that I watched him at MC. He is long and covers a lot of ground, which he did a great job of last night. He at times showed last night that this kid can be a GREAT permiter defender. He switched on Lawson twice that I clearly remebered last night, and the first though was OH NO!. Instead, he smothered him both time, causing Lawson to pick up his dribble the first time, and forced Lawson to back step the second. No way Miller "crapped out last night", at least no worse than anyone else (besides Patterson).

It's sad that you apologize for Porter, but blast Miller.

 

First, you are absolutley right abour Porter. He hustled, played hard, and was overmatched against the best team in the country.

 

As for Miller, he threw the ball away as much as any other player on the court (less than most), yet I saw more defense out of that young man last night than I did the 5 years combined that I watched him at MC. He is long and covers a lot of ground, which he did a great job of last night. He at times showed last night that this kid can be a GREAT permiter defender. He switched on Lawson twice that I clearly remebered last night, and the first though was OH NO!. Instead, he smothered him both time, causing Lawson to pick up his dribble the first time, and forced Lawson to back step the second. No way Miller "crapped out last night", at least no worse than anyone else (besides Patterson).

 

Ok let me clarify. Porter is awful but he played hard and like you said earlier he was in the same boat as everyone in a CAt uniform but Patterson.

 

I wasnt watching it as closely as you obviously and only remember Miller's two turnovers. After they got up 18 and never really looked back I was watching and surfing the web so I missed the stellar Miller defense.

All Arby's locations in Kentucky are offering a special this week. If you ask for a Michael Porter, you will get a free turnover.

All Arby's locations in Kentucky are offering a special this week. If you ask for a Michael Porter, you will get a free turnover.

 

 

 

BOOOOOO

:flame:

All Arby's locations in Kentucky are offering a special this week. If you ask for a Michael Porter, you will get a free turnover.

 

That is sooooo bad :p

Fan sure, but not on a public forum. And you read these comments, once its said why does everyone pile on the kid saying the same junk?

All Arby's locations in Kentucky are offering a special this week. If you ask for a Michael Porter, you will get a free turnover.

:lol:

:lol:

All Arby's locations in Kentucky are offering a special this week. If you ask for a Michael Porter, you will get a free turnover.

 

Wow..I love that!

Fan sure, but not on a public forum. And you read these comments, once its said why does everyone pile on the kid saying the same junk?

 

Because everyone pays to post on the site, and they can post as they please. The same as posting "Congrats" or "good job" to someone, have you ever posted that after someone else?

The bad thing about this situation is that Porter played bad, But Liggins didn't play any better. Both of them looked scared when anywhere near the ball. I think BG needs to start Porter for two more games giving him the benefit of the doubt that UNC is the best team in the country, and if he keeps doing what he is doing he needs to start starting Liggins. You put Liggins in there and take your lumps with a freshman point guard.

The bad thing about this situation is that Porter played bad, But Liggins didn't play any better. Both of them looked scared when anywhere near the ball. I think BG needs to start Porter for two more games giving him the benefit of the doubt that UNC is the best team in the country, and if he keeps doing what he is doing he needs to start starting Liggins. You put Liggins in there and take your lumps with a freshman point guard.

 

Thank you, great post:thumb:

To me he doesn't seem to play scared, he just is way too over matched. He can't create off the dribble or can't feed his teammates like a D-I point guard needs to. He is too slow and lacks the speed that a D-I point guard needs. He is overmatched not only against North Carolina, but VMI as well. He has no speed and although he may be a good shooter, he can' create to get a shot. He needs to be playing at Northern Kentucky University.

There's no doubt Porter gives everything he has when he plays, he just doesn't have enough talent at this level. He's really not a PG, and not quick enough on O or D to play anywhere else. I don't want to sound mean spirited when I say this, but I would venture to guess that's there's several of our state's D-2 and NAIA schools that Porter would have difficulty cracking the starting lineups.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.