November 11, 200817 yr This should be titled: How To Lose A Game. I have never seen such poor clock management and playcalling at the end of a game. San Fran had gotten to the 3 yard line on a pass play with around 45 seconds left. Maybe a little more, but definitely that much was there. They then take their sweet time getting up to the line of scrimmage to spike the ball, letting it go down to 20 seconds on the clock. They then RUN the ball and leave themselves with 4 seconds left and a 3rd down play following a review. So what do they do from the two yard line? THEY RUN. WITH MICHAEL ROBINSON. Stupidity. Blatant stupidity.
November 11, 200817 yr I couldn't believe that play call at the end... That's about the last thing I would've called.
November 11, 200817 yr Entertaining game and maybe the worst play call I ever remember in NFL history!
November 11, 200817 yr Ditto on that play calling at the end. The quarterback made the plays to get you down to the 3. You have to give him a chance to put the ball in the endzone.
November 11, 200817 yr Ditto on that play calling at the end. The quarterback made the plays to get you down to the 3. You have to give him a chance to put the ball in the endzone. He should have had 4 chances. Instead they run twice. Someone should be fired tonight.
November 11, 200817 yr As a proud owner of the Arizona Cardinals defense, I liked the play call. :thumb: That TD would have done me in.
November 11, 200817 yr He should have had 4 chances. Instead they run twice. Someone should be fired tonight. Also, I wonder how much of that is due to an inexperienced QB. Warner, Manning, Brady, etc would've never let that happen. After watching the reply, Hill did look a little lost there.
November 11, 200817 yr Stupid call on the last play. What screwed them in the first place was when they wasted 24 seconds before spiking the ball. Edited November 11, 200817 yr by ScarHeel
November 11, 200817 yr Also, I wonder how much of that is due to an inexperienced QB. Warner, Manning, Brady, etc would've never let that happen. After watching the reply, Hill did look a little lost there. Moving the RB was the most glaring example he really didn't have a clue what he was doing...
November 11, 200817 yr Games shaped up pretty good in the end, something I'm sure no one expected. But although exciting it ending up exploiting them both in that they seemed to be trying to give the game to one another, with the Niners trying just a tad bit harder.
November 11, 200817 yr I didn't have a dog in the fight, we have seen Arizona lose so many of these types of games, you just figured the 49ers would win it. The stupid late hit at midfield and then the 49ers turn around with that awful interception. Then Arizona gets 8 yards on first down forcing San Francisco to burn that last timeout. All they needed was a couple yards and the game was over. They end up punting and the 49ers get the ball at the Arizona 40 with a minute to go and within just two plays or so, they are inside the 10. Unbelievable. Just an amazing finish and I was actually happy that something went right for the Cardinals. They will win the division title by default and probably lose in the first round, but who cares, they will get to celebrate something. As everyone said, pretty goodness awful clock management on 1st and goal and that final play call has to rank up with one of the worst I have seen in recent history.
November 11, 200817 yr If you are San Fran, and you run it trying to win, don't you run it with Frank Gore? :lol:
November 11, 200817 yr Moving the RB was the most glaring example he really didn't have a clue what he was doing... I don't think he knew it was still 3rd down, but he should have never been in that position. They had plenty of time to run 4 plays. Instead they run two. The fact that he's inexperienced is even more of a reason to throw on all 4 downs.
November 11, 200817 yr He's a first time head coach that has to get use to things like time managment. He will be a great coach.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.