Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry 21 Johnson Central 13

Featured Replies

Belfry went down to JC and showed everybody in the mountains what being a Pirate is all about! There was too much hype about Belfry not playing anybody and not having faced a "challenge". I think we definately proved ourselves tonight.

 

GO PIRATES!:ylsuper:

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Belfry in this game. Anybody got some details?

I think I said earlier in the week that it comes down to coaching, when I picked Belfry. A few people had some pretty snide comments about that. Hate to say it, but I told you so!!

Belfry held JC to only 180 rushing, nice D by the pirates!!

Go Pirates

The gap between JC and Belfry has closed tremendously since Matney has taken the JC coaching job, so I hope JC fans do support every move he made tonight.

 

 

This is a if both teams play 10 times it goes 5/5 game, they are pretty even.

 

JC has great facilities now also.

 

2 negatives about the ENTIRE game -

 

JC PLEASE, PLEASE stop playing the music in between downs, I think that is just not classy or professional.

 

 

The last one is HUGE....THE DIRTY hit at the end after the game was over on Elkins from the JC player was as blatant as an attempt to hurt someone as I have ever seen watching high school sports, that kids needs off your team JC fans!

This was a great game between two very evenly matched teams. The teams matched up well on the line of scrimmage and the battle in the trenches was a fun one to watch tonight. There were lots of big hits on both sides of the ball.

 

IMO, this is the way that high school football is supposed to be played. Both teams played hard, the lead went back and forth, and everyone was really entertained.

 

Belfry led 6-0 at the half. Johnson Central took the lead, 7-6, in the 3rd set up by a long completion to Ian Welch. Later Belfry stalled near midfield when they ran a fake punt and got the first down. That play seemed to wake up the emotion in the Pirates and you could feel the "mo" switch sides. I think it might have been the first fake punt I've ever seen them run, lol. They went on to score and ran a great 2pt conversion for the 14-7 lead.

 

Later in the 4th, the Eagles completed another long pass to Welch, this time he made a circus catch on the deflected ball that set up another TD. (WYMT Catch of the Day). Down 14-13, Coach Matney decided to go for 2 and the run was stopped cold by the Pirate defense.

 

The Pirates covered the onside kick and then drove the field for their final score, now leading 21-13.

 

The Eagles went back to the air and Belfry intercepted the pass with about 5 minutes to go. All they had to do was run out the clock, and they got a first down or two before they coughed up a fumble to the Eagles.

 

This gave them a last shot with under 2 mins to go. The game ended on a hook and lateral play that Belfry stopped as the clock ran out.

This is a if both teams play 10 times it goes 5/5 game, they are pretty even.
I said the same thing. :thumb:
This was a great game between two very evenly matched teams. The teams matched up well on the line of scrimmage and the battle in the trenches was a fun one to watch tonight. There were lots of big hits on both sides of the ball.

 

IMO, this is the way that high school football is supposed to be played. Both teams played hard, the lead went back and forth, and everyone was really entertained.

 

Belfry led 6-0 at the half. Johnson Central took the lead, 7-6, in the 3rd set up by a long completion to Ian Welch. Later Belfry stalled near midfield when they ran a fake punt and got the first down. That play seemed to wake up the emotion in the Pirates and you could feel the "mo" switch sides. I think it might have been the first fake punt I've ever seen them run, lol. They went on to score and ran a great 2pt conversion for the 14-7 lead.

 

Later in the 4th, the Eagles completed another long pass to Welch, this time he made a circus catch on the deflected ball that set up another TD. (WYMT Catch of the Day). Down 14-13, Coach Matney decided to go for 2 and the run was stopped cold by the Pirate defense.

 

The Pirates covered the onside kick and then drove the field for their final score, now leading 21-13.

 

The Eagles went back to the air and Belfry intercepted the pass with about 5 minutes to go. All they had to do was run out the clock, and they got a first down or two before they coughed up a fumble to the Eagles.

 

This gave them a last shot with under 2 mins to go. The game ended on a hook and lateral play that Belfry stopped as the clock ran out.

 

 

Ballgame right there. Belfry looked tired and seemed to be hanging their heads a little. After that we did wake up:thumb:

and the streak continues...............way to go Big Red. I would not have missed it for the world, it was the first real game we had since the Central game. i just hope our schedule gets tuffer next year. BTW I broke my leg at JC in 75 so it always makes my leg feel a little better when we win. Matney is a great coach and a good friend and I hope he takes JC all the way to the dance in the Ville. JC is an awesome team and I will be rooting for them in their quest for a title!!!

Ballgame right there. Belfry looked tired and seemed to be hanging their heads a little. After that we did wake up:thumb:

 

Our fans aren't vey eventful either...When JC had the ball there would be a two yard gain and you'd here over the PC "Eye of the Tiger". Then they'd punt.

 

Our team would get a big first down and one fan, I think it was Garland Yates, would blow the bullhorn.

 

I'm very seldom the most excited fan at a ballgame, but tonight I may have been the most pumped guy there, and that really doesn't say much either.

I'll give my thoughts tomorrow, but I am extremely proud in the respnse this Belfry team showed going on the road ina hostile environment and beating a very, very good JC team. Belfry doesn't get to relish being the underdog often (some of us Belfry fans like myself will sandbag as much as possible but that don't count :D) but they played with a chip on their shoulder and knocked off one of the state's best teams regardless of class.

Congrats to Belfry on the win and giving JC their first loss. Things won't get much easier for JC as they'll most likely see Covcath and Highlands in the next three weeks.

The problem is that Belfry hasn't seen any competition this year.LOL

Sorry, couldn't help myself. It was a great game, JC gave us all we wanted, but the Bucks stepped up and gave it right back, just a little better.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.