Obama Aunt Living In US Illegally

Another interesting tidbit not mentioned here so far.

Obama writes about this aunt in one of his books. They played the audio excerpt (in his own voice) on the radio. He spoke of how wonderfull she was, and that there was no system in place to help her survive. For that, she had to rely on family, and ever since we have been taking care of her. (these are paraphrased, but it was his book on tape, recorde in his own voice).

I am now shocked to see he's been living in squalor, and he didn't even know she was here. How is that taking care of her?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another interesting tidbit not mentioned here so far.

Obama writes about this aunt in one of his books. They played the audio excerpt (in his own voice) on the radio. He spoke of how wonderfull she was, and that there was no system in place to help her survive. For that, she had to rely on family, and ever since we have been taking care of her. (these are paraphrased, but it was his book on tape, recorde in his own voice).

I am now shocked to see he's been living in squalor, and he didn't even know she was here. How is that taking care of her?

Where in the article does it say that she is living in squalor? Also, the article does statet that he DOES know that she has been living in Boston.

But under the Obama tax plan, you might. He will take some of your money and possibly redistribute it to them if they desire it.

Your opinion on the matter won't matter after Tuesday.

Yes it does since I'm voting for Senator Obama. I don't believe what some are saying about "spreading the wealth."

If you knew that your uncle was an illegal alien, would you illegally accept a campaign contribution from him? Would you ignore your oath to uphold the US Constitution and consciously make it impossible for your own campaign to determine the legality of campaign donations?

I'm not running for office so it doesn't matter. The other thing that makes it a mute point is that the money is being returned.

Yes it does since I'm voting for Senator Obama. I don't believe what some are saying about "spreading the wealth."

I'm not running for office so it doesn't matter. The other thing that makes it a mute point is that the money is being returned.

So, you are voting for Obama but not believing what he has said himself?

Where in the article does it say that she is living in squalor? Also, the article does statet that he DOES know that she has been living in Boston.

I didn't read the article, and I never said it did say that. I was refering to Obama's book which I heard read on the radio, referencing his aunt. Squalor was my word and I don't recal his, but it was in the spirit of what he said.

I have no dog in this fight, per se ( I guess living in the US means I do), as I will vote for neither candidate. I just hate hypocrisy coming from ANY candidate.

The whole issue of Obama's aunt really isn't an issue at all. I have hundreds of relatives and can honestly say, I do not know the current state of any of them. I also have 2 brothers and talk to the one who lives in my hometown more than the brother he lives Louisville. There are PLENTY of reasons not to vote for Obama, ... this isn't one of them IMHO.

His proposed policies are plenty enough reason not to vote for him.