Henry Clay 14 Boone County 7

Rebel91Dad

Boone better figure out how to present a more balanced offense like they have a few games this year as against Simon Kenton. Quainoo is a good back, but was pretty much shut down the 1st half by Henry Clay. He moved the ball pretty well in the 3rd before the injury. If not for the 3rd I wonder how many yards he had. Henry Clay's defense just watched him and didn't have to worry about much. Walsh is the QB now, but is more than cabable of getting the job done. To expect a QB to throw the ball when it's a must situation, creates unneeded pressure than if the pass had been in the play calling from the beginning. Boone was out played and coached tonight. Henry Clay will be a force to deal with for Ryle in the 1st round. Hopefully, Boone goes back to the mixing it up as they did earlier in the year.

Did Walsh play? I thought he was out and they were now using their 3rd qb.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How bad is NKY 5A aside of HHS?

It's kind of hard to compare the rest when you have one that stands so far out from the rest. I don't think 5A is that bad, but everyone below HHS is WAAAY below. I think the non-HHS playoff games will be very competitive this year.

Don't count them out just yet,they have enough talent and enough time to overcome this set back and with the coaching staff they have you can bet the road to recovery starts today.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Boone better figure out how to present a more balanced offense like they have a few games this year as against Simon Kenton. Quainoo is a good back, but was pretty much shut down the 1st half by Henry Clay. He moved the ball pretty well in the 3rd before the injury. If not for the 3rd I wonder how many yards he had. Henry Clay's defense just watched him and didn't have to worry about much. Walsh is the QB now, but is more than cabable of getting the job done. To expect a QB to throw the ball when it's a must situation, creates unneeded pressure than if the pass had been in the play calling from the beginning. Boone was out played and coached tonight. Henry Clay will be a force to deal with for Ryle in the 1st round. Hopefully, Boone goes back to the mixing it up as they did earlier in the year.

Football, especially at the high school level, is very much a game of match ups. Henry Clay has the match up advantage against Boone County.

Henry Clay's defense can stop the run and last night, it seemed Boone County was determined to run it right at Henry Clay's defense with very little success. To effectively run the ball, play-action passing must be used to keep the defense honest. Henry Clay had a minimum of eight players in the box last night and Boone County continued to try to run between the tackles against a Bear front. The Quainoo kid is a nice runner, but it looked like a playground game with 10 players against 5 players.

Boone County played last night's game right to Henry Clay's strength and did not have any game plan to exploit the Blue Devil's weakness. Boone County played good, hardnose defense. Unfortunately, the winner of the game is the team that scores the most points and Boone County did not have a chance at doing that with their offensive philosophy.

I am with you on your opinion, "Chevyman."

Football, especially at the high school level, is very much a game of match ups. Henry Clay has the match up advantage against Boone County.

Henry Clay's defense can stop the run and last night, it seemed Boone County was determined to run it right at Henry Clay's defense with very little success. To effectively run the ball, play-action passing must be used to keep the defense honest. Henry Clay had a minimum of eight players in the box last night and Boone County continued to try to run between the tackles against a Bear front. The Quainoo kid is a nice runner, but it looked like a playground game with 10 players against 5 players.

Boone County played last night's game right to Henry Clay's strength and did not have any game plan to exploit the Blue Devil's weakness. Boone County played good, hardnose defense. Unfortunately, the winner of the game is the team that scores the most points and Boone County did not have a chance at doing that with their offensive philosophy.

I am with you on your opinion, "Chevyman."

Henry Clay will see a totally different type team when they play Ryle in the first game of the Playoffs. Ryles offense is really starting to develope their passing game. Ryle will pass 60% of the time. Ryles defense is struggling right now, but a few minor adjustments and they will be tough.

How bad is NKY 6A.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, record wise 6A NKY has a better overall winning record than 5A:confused: With the exception of Highlands 5A is way down this year! Inconsistent would be a more appropiate statement! The top two leading rushers in NKY come from 6A, and the leading passer :sssh:

Boone just came out flat last night. Henry clay's defense is stout #55 is a big boy.... ALso Henry Clay's O-line is a bunch of monsters..... Was disappointing to watch Boone play like they did last night. I hope Q is ok Maybe he should sit out for Madison Central to make sure he is fine......

Has anyone heard anything about Quainoo?

I heard that he just twisted the ankle. He was up and jogging on it on the sidelines, they shut him down and chose to ice it. I certainly would be very cautios with him this week and get him ready for the playoffs. Oppenheimer ran very hard in the fourth quarter Friday and should get some more looks in my opinion.

Actually, record wise 6A NKY has a better overall winning record than 5A:confused: With the exception of Highlands 5A is way down this year! Inconsistent would be a more appropiate statement! The top two leading rushers in NKY come from 6A, and the leading passer :sssh:

Im sorry but you can not tell me Nick West is better then Tony G.

Well he is leading NKY in passing yards, making him better than Guidugli.

HHS has alot more talent on the offensive side of the ball than Conner. West and Engelmon are about all Conner has..That is why he is slightly a head in statistics..:D