Mason County 20 Russell 7

cvillecat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Also, the district championship will be decided in the playoffs. Mason just won home field, not the championship.

Nope...you're wrong about that.

With opposing districts being mixed for the Regionals, regular season results determine both home field AND "district champion".

:bunny:

Maybe Mason Co was better than what you thought. :thumb:

No doubt that Mason County has been good, is good this year, and will continue to be good!

We Russell fans are just disappointed that this year's Russell team hasn't lived up to the expectations set from the last few years. When you go to the state title game two years in a row, it tends to produce unrealistic expectations and somewhat of an arrogance that makes our first reaction be "what in the world is wrong with Russell?" when we lose rather than considering the possibility that there are other good programs, too, like Mason County who definitely deserved to win this game tonight. They are clearly the better team this year. Heck, even when Russell had some of their best teams they have ever had this decade, the games with Mason County were always close!

As long as the Royals keep their coach, I would imagine they are going to be a force to be reckoned with year in and year out. I just really hope Mason County manages to get it done in the playoffs this year!

No doubt that Mason County has been good, is good this year, and will continue to be good!

We Russell fans are just disappointed that this year's Russell team hasn't lived up to the expectations set from the last few years. When you go to the state title game two years in a row, it tends to produce unrealistic expectations and somewhat of an arrogance that makes our first reaction be "what in the world is wrong with Russell?" when we lose rather than considering the possibility that there are other good programs, too, like Mason County who definitely deserved to win this game tonight. They are clearly the better team this year. Heck, even when Russell had some of their best teams they have ever had this decade, the games with Mason County were always close!

As long as the Royals keep their coach, I would imagine they are going to be a force to be reckoned with year in and year out. I just really hope Mason County manages to get it done in the playoffs this year!

Great Post. :thumb:

This team has a lot of talent. Considering the underclassmen they have, I expect them to get even better. Their development over the season has already contributed a lot.

Coach B giving well-deserved kudos to freshman Josh Harris for his work tonight. The same Josh Harris that ol' papa said to look out for in the pre-season "freshmen to watch" thread. Way to go, Josh - key in the Royals' win and make me look good all at once.:thumb:

He was all over the place tonight. Deflected at least 3 passes, one of which ended up getting picked off. Had the 90 yard kick return that got called back, then a 50 yard return on the next one to set up MC's first score.

I am so proud and excited of the development each week throughout the course of this season........Says alot about the heart and work ethic of those kids and the coaching staff.

Great job and keep improving. More and more people are finally starting to believe what those close to the program knew all along, that you guys are a special team.

Its been a steady climb, but the job isn't done. Enjoy this and get back on the field next week and learn a little more. :thumb:

Congratulations to the Royals! I am surprised by the score. It seems you beat Russell pretty handily on their home field - and Russell is hard to beat at home. I know Mason Co. has a classy program. I always enjoyed our match-ups when Ashland played them in regular district play.

Russell better get ready for Raceland next week. How long has it been since Russell lost two in a row at home?

He was all over the place tonight. Deflected at least 3 passes, one of which ended up getting picked off. Had the 90 yard kick return that got called back, then a 50 yard return on the next one to set up MC's first score.

Wow! I didn't realize that was the player you guys were talking about. After he ran back the opening kickoff, I was surprised when I didn't see him come out at running back! He did also make several good defensive plays including some hard hits. Extremely impressive and only a freshman. Wow.