Mason County 20 Russell 7

cvillecat

Mason County played well and deserves to be commended. They are the better team. I really hope they do well in the playoffs. They seem to carry themselves very well and play with a lot of pride and spirit.

Russell is as down this year as they have been this decade. This isn't a state championship caliber Russell team. That being said, though, they are not a terribly bad team either. Mason County deserves all the credit here and I think they have a good shot to make some noise in the playoffs this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the first Russell fan to post. Congrats to Mason Co. you deserved that win. Russell is not playing good football at all in the last five games. Mason defense was awesome. I truely hope that Mason Co. makes a good run in the playoffs. I like the fans and love the coach. Russell might win the first Round but should fall to the mighty Royals in the second Round. Very down year for the Devils no heart in believing in each other like the Royals do. Good luck on the rest of the season from a Russell fan.

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

Coach B is at a loss for words on the post-game show (uncharacteristic). Sounds VERY happy to get one over Russell; first time since 2001.

Coach B giving well-deserved kudos to freshman Josh Harris for his work tonight. The same Josh Harris that ol' papa said to look out for in the pre-season "freshmen to watch" thread. Way to go, Josh - key in the Royals' win and make me look good all at once.:thumb:

Listened to this too... Coach is THE class act in his profession.

Listened to this too... Coach is THE class act in his profession.

His enthusiasm, passion, and class are quite evident and it is obvious that it carries over to the Mason County team and program. I really thought the whole team carries themselves as well as any team I've seen this year and plays the game of football like it supposed to be played...and this is coming from a Russell fan who was there cheering for them to lose as passionately as anyone! :-)

Mason County is a good team and a good program. I hope this is the year they break through and do something in the playoffs.

I believe the likely outcome in week 2 of the playoffs would be a trip to Belfry for the devils should they win in the first round.

You are correct. It's always good to see those rivals get together...although this year could be a little Belfry payback for the last 2 times the teams met.

Mason County should get Magoffin County at home and then Sheldon Clark at home. I think they can win those games to earn the round 3 trip to Belfry.

Or it could be Mason is 'up' this year! :thumb: Way to go Royals and congrats Coach B on getting that first win at Russell!!

Mason County Royals... DISTRICT CHAMPS!! :dancingpa

Well, Russell is down compared to recent years. Not saying anything about Mason, just stating a fact. Also, the district championship will be decided in the playoffs. Mason just won home field, not the championship.

Well, Russell is down compared to recent years. Not saying anything about Mason, just stating a fact. Also, the district championship will be decided in the playoffs. Mason just won home field, not the championship.

I don't know. That's likely the last they will see of teams in their district this year. Their playoff road will likely consist of Magoffin, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, and Breathitt.

I keep telling myself that this is the week for Russell to break out of it but it continues to happen from week to week.

I know how you feel. I have thought the exact same thing. At some point I think we've just got to realize it may not be going to happen.