43 members have voted

1. 1. Estill vs. Harlan Co.

• Estill Co.
    • Harlan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other question is, what if Harlan County passes? Could get intersting real quick.

In the past Estill has been very poor in terms of defending against the pass, but that's not been the case this year, and I don't believe it will give them fits on Friday.

I hope Harlan pulls this off, but if Estill speads them out to run the ball I think they will beat Harlan, if not Harlan will stop the run. Also I hope Harlan has something else to bring besides running off tackle every time. I just don't see Harlan running off tackle every play and going very far, but hey it did work last week. Also is the QB going to be back this game for Harlan. I'll take Harlan 28-26 in a close one.

I hope Harlan pulls this off, but if Estill speads them out to run the ball I think they will beat Harlan, if not Harlan will stop the run. Also I hope Harlan has something else to bring besides running off tackle every time. I just don't see Harlan running off tackle every play and going very far, but hey it did work last week. Also is the QB going to be back this game for Harlan. I'll take Harlan 28-26 in a close one.

Spread them out? They run the double wing! They will be in there toe to toe and the FB will be right under the QB. They will only run about 6 base plays. Super Sweep, FB trap, Power, blast and maybe a play action pass or two. They will double team at the point of attack and say here we come now stop us. Double wing is hard to defend just ask some down south and out west. Don't forget the ole wedge play also!

Spread them out? They run the double wing! They will be in there toe to toe and the FB will be right under the QB. They will only run about 6 base plays. Super Sweep, FB trap, Power, blast and maybe a play action pass or two. They will double team at the point of attack and say here we come now stop us. Double wing is hard to defend just ask some down south and out west. Don't forget the ole wedge play also!

Have you been watching film on Estill? That is as good of a scouting report on them as I've seen all year.:D If you don't dig in that wedge is a tough thing to stop.

Have you been watching film on Estill? That is as good of a scouting report on them as I've seen all year.:D If you don't dig in that wedge is a tough thing to stop.

Watched a lot of double wing teams in my life. Really like it and it is very interesting once you learn the thinking behind it. You talking about three yards and a cloud of dust then this is it. Eat clock like I eat steak! Just so hard to get high school kids to buy into it with all the flash of the spread. I think Jones needs to be commended for the kids buying into what he was selling. JMHO The wedge might be my favorite play of all time. Throw back football!

Watched a lot of double wing teams in my life. Really like it and it is very interesting once you learn the thinking behind it. You talking about three yards and a cloud of dust then this is it. Eat clock like I eat steak! Just so hard to get high school kids to buy into it with all the flash of the spread. I think Jones needs to be commended for the kids buying into what he was selling. JMHO The wedge might be my favorite play of all time. Throw back football!

One reason they buy into the Double Wing, or Rocket as they call it, is that they run this offense in the middle school as well, so by the time these kids get to high school, they can run the double wing in their sleep.

Estill Co. will be Double TE wing or Stack I most of the night. They have (3) really strong backs, 26, 44, and 10. 44 and 26 are both big backs and 10 has very good speed. I look for the Bears to win 28-22 in a game of only 5 to 6 pass plays total, from both teams.:thumb:

I look for Harlan Counties other two quality backs to have a good game or at least one of them because once Estill focuses on Gilliams BAM here comes Green on a sweep. Then out of the blue Blanton completes a couple of passes to Dylon Smith and Polson and Estill's defense spreads out some more then Gilliam takes it to the house. Just a thought. Go Bears!

One reason they buy into the Double Wing, or Rocket as they call it, is that they run this offense in the middle school as well, so by the time these kids get to high school, they can run the double wing in their sleep.

They also run it the youth program as well. 3rd grade thru 6th grade.

They also run it the youth program as well. 3rd grade thru 6th grade.

I thought they did Rock but wasn't sure. That's how to build a solid program, especially when you don't have superior athletes year in and year out. Create a system that the kids buy into and can run in their sleep.

I'm gonna predict the Bears will be anxious to get to 5A after tomorrow night! Go 'Neers! :fight:

Looks like we are in for some nasty weather tomorrow night! I've got full confidence that the Bears can win another one for the home crowd. It's gonna be nice to have Blanton back in the mix of things. It could be a long ride back home for the Engineers.