EROCK15

EstillCo. vs. Harlan Co. predictions

Estill vs. Harlan Co.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Estill vs. Harlan Co.

• Estill Co.
    • Harlan

Harlan Co. 34-28.

After the Breathitt- Estill game and the Breathitt - Harlan Co. game I really don't know what to think about this one coming up Friday! I know its hard to compare scores but its also very hard to understand how Breathitt couldn't score a offensive touchdown against Estill and how Breathitt ran threw us like we weren't there? Very interesting game. Go Black Bears!

After the Breathitt- Estill game and the Breathitt - Harlan Co. game I really don't know what to think about this one coming up Friday! I know its hard to compare scores but its also very hard to understand how Breathitt couldn't score a offensive touchdown against Estill and how Breathitt ran threw us like we weren't there? Very interesting game. Go Black Bears!

How is the other district looking at their finish. What are some possibilities of the 1st and 2nd round games? HDE, do you have any idea? Last I heard the other district was locked up in a three way tie?

This is from GCHS in the Somerset-Russell County thread about District 5:

Pretty straight forward. First, we'll assume Taylor beats Jackson and Somerset beats Casey. They'll both be 4-1. If those two are together, Taylor holds the tiebreaker by beating Somerset earlier.

Garrrard will finish third if they beat Wayne County. Wayne would move into the first place tiebreaker if they beat Garrard, finishing at 4-1. Then we would have to look at who beat whom. Below is a list of countable wins for Taylor, Somerset and Wayne. Of course you can only count four.

Taylor County

Campbellsville

Casey County

Garrard County

Jackson County, Hart County, Caverna (remaining games)

Somerset

Metcalfe County

Garrard County

Jackson County

Casey County, Corbin, Harlan County (remaining games)

Wayne County

Casey County

Jackson County

Russell County

Pulaski County

Garrard County, Clinton County, Monroe County (remaining games)

It would appear that Wayne County would have the slight advantage, just predicting win totals. A win over Monroe County wouldn't hurt. Somerset could really help themselves by knocking off Corbin and/or Harlan County. Taylor County needs to beat Hart County, but their combined numbers just aren't real good.

But again, it's all academic if Garrard goes to Wayne and wins next week.

This is from GCHS in the Somerset-Russell County thread about District 5:

Pretty straight forward. First, we'll assume Taylor beats Jackson and Somerset beats Casey. They'll both be 4-1. If those two are together, Taylor holds the tiebreaker by beating Somerset earlier.

Garrrard will finish third if they beat Wayne County. Wayne would move into the first place tiebreaker if they beat Garrard, finishing at 4-1. Then we would have to look at who beat whom. Below is a list of countable wins for Taylor, Somerset and Wayne. Of course you can only count four.

Taylor County

Campbellsville

Casey County

Garrard County

Jackson County, Hart County, Caverna (remaining games)

Somerset

Metcalfe County

Garrard County

Jackson County

Casey County, Corbin, Harlan County (remaining games)

Wayne County

Casey County

Jackson County

Russell County

Pulaski County

Garrard County, Clinton County, Monroe County (remaining games)

It would appear that Wayne County would have the slight advantage, just predicting win totals. A win over Monroe County wouldn't hurt. Somerset could really help themselves by knocking off Corbin and/or Harlan County. Taylor County needs to beat Hart County, but their combined numbers just aren't real good.

But again, it's all academic if Garrard goes to Wayne and wins next week.

Thanks----I think? I knew you could figure it out cause I know I couldn't!

Harlan will take advantage of the Home field advantage: 18-12

Estill will be too much for the Bears.

Estill Co. 32

Harlan Co. 14

Best of luck to the Black Bears, but the Engineers will come out on top Friday night.

Does Estill County bring a good crowd? The past two visitors to Harlan County has not had too many followers...

Does Estill County bring a good crowd? The past two visitors to Harlan County has not had too many followers...

There should be a decent following on Friday night. With the way both teams ground games have been working in the past, how many yards can we expect Friday?

There should be a decent following on Friday night. With the way both teams ground games have been working in the past, how many yards can we expect Friday?

You must have an offensive mindset, because a defensive minded person would ask:

With how few yards both teams give up on the ground, can we expect any yards at all to be given up...

Just food for thought:D

You must have an offensive mindset, because a defensive minded person would ask:

With how few yards both teams give up on the ground, can we expect any yards at all to be given up...

Just food for thought:D

I don't think Harlan is going to stop the Estill ground game. My big question is will Estill stop Harlan's?

I don't think Harlan is going to stop the Estill ground game. My big question is will Estill stop Harlan's?

Estill was 9th in the state against the run in the last rankings I looked at. I would say they will control Harlan's attack. I don't think Harlan can control the #4 ranked rushing offense in the state though.

As for the crowd Estill will bring, that's a long, curvy trip so not sure how Estill's fans will travel. Should bring a decent crowd though.