Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone vs. Ryle Predictions

Featured Replies

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is at Boone's place and will decide the #1 seed in 6A. If Boone loses, they only drop to #2 and still get home playoff game. If Ryle loses, they likely drop to #4 seed and travel to Lexington. Boone has played great ball from the onset of the season and are one of the hottest teams in NKY, if not all of KY. They are very solid on both sides of the ball. Ryle has been up and down this season, but down as of late, losing tough games to Conner and Fern Creek. They have some work to do this week on both offense and defense, but Coach Warner and his staff will have them ready to play. For Ryle to win them, they are going to have to play a near flawless game - but they can do it! (Anyone want to guess who I'm rooting for? ;):D)

 

Correct me if I am wrong but dont 6A teams play first round playoffs within their own district...It still would mean that Ryle gets home field advantage but wouldn't they play Conner?

Correct me if I am wrong but dont 6A teams play first round playoffs within their own district...It still would mean that Ryle gets home field advantage but wouldn't they play Conner?

 

I think that's how it works.

  • Author
Correct me if I am wrong but dont 6A teams play first round playoffs within their own district...It still would mean that Ryle gets home field advantage but wouldn't they play Conner?

 

Nope. District 6 (NKY) and 7 (Lexington) are cross-bracketed. The #1 and #2 seeds from each district host games against the #4 and #3 seeds, respectively, from the other district. It would be possible, however, for NKY (or Lexington) teams to meet one another in the next round.

Why was it changed last year? Not that I'm complaining I like watching schools from other regions of KY.

I would think if they beat NCC, there would be no way either Conner or Ryle could match them for wins in games outside their district (tiebreaker). Of course, beating SK and NCC back-to-back will not be an easy task. I wonder if NCC would sit some starters in that game if they are not playing for anything (which I don't think they would be).

 

Around Camel-land, it is felt that the best that they can get is a #2 seed by winning out, a loss to SK knocks them out altogether.

 

As for the NCC game, this is still a game for pride. I believe that NCC was in the same position last year when these two teams met. They, nor the Camels who wad secured a playoff spot, rested any players due to the hometown bragging rights. Though both teams would be smart to not take any chances.

 

I think if your scenario is accurate, the Camels still have something to play for in getting the #1 seed, which would mean one more home game in the playoffs.

 

All moot if they lose to SK. Then all bets are off, and they throw everything they have at NCC as atonement to last years last minute loss to the Breds.

Campbell cannot get a #1 seed. If Boone wins, they would get the tiebreaker and #2 seed because of the Mason win. If Ryle wins, they would get the #3 seed.

Campbell cannot get a #1 seed. If Boone wins, they would get the tiebreaker and #2 seed because of the Mason win. If Ryle wins, they would get the #3 seed.

 

THanks for the clarification

I think Boone wins this one. Ryle hasn't looked good as of late and Boone has look veyr solid not only running the ball but also mixing up the play calling and establishing a passing game.

 

This being a rivalry game though, you can throw records and recent showings out the window. Both will come out fired up. I just think Boone is the class of NKY 6A though.

 

Boone 31

Ryle 21

 

No way RYLE puts up 21! IF they score it will be on special teams or a turnover taken in for a TD. Their offense will not total 100yds.

I'm liking Boone in this one. They seem to have it together right now.

I agree with much of Flatrocks comments. The away that Ryle has looked of late, I have to believe that this game will be controlled by BC by 2+ TD's

When and where is this game?

Both teams have solid defenses, but I like BC's a bit more, and I also think they are a little more physical upfront offensively. I wouldn't count Ryle out of this one, it's a huge rivalry, and rivalry games aren't decided on paper. With that being said, I still think BC will be too much for the Raiders to handle. I'm sure Ryle fans will be rooting for SK if they do lose to BC.

Game is at Boone, Friday at 7:30p.

Who will it favor if rain is a factor

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.