Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone vs. Ryle Predictions

Featured Replies

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle has blown leads against some good teams in the 4th quarter this year. Those leads were blown against good passing teams that hurt them with big pass plays. Boone is not a great passing team. They are a very good running team. If Ryle leads in the 4th quarter, they have an excellent opportunity to pull the upset. Those thinking it will be a 2-3 TD game do not understand the rivalry. It will be very, very close and could go either way. Ryle has played three tough non-district teams to prepare them for what they will see Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

No way RYLE puts up 21! IF they score it will be on special teams or a turnover taken in for a TD. Their offense will not total 100yds.

 

I wouldn't make the bold statement that there's "No way Ryle puts up 21". You obviously don't understand the rivalry in this one. In the past 5 match ups between these two, Boone has held Ryle under 21 points just once and that was when they beat Ryle last year 27-17 in the playoffs.

 

I'm not saying they are going to beat Boone, but their passing game is much better than Boone's which makes them much more of a threat offensively.

Ryle has blown leads against some good teams in the 4th quarter this year. Those leads were blown against good passing teams that hurt them with big pass plays. Boone is not a great passing team. They are a very good running team. If Ryle leads in the 4th quarter, they have an excellent opportunity to pull the upset. Those thinking it will be a 2-3 TD game do not understand the rivalry. It will be very, very close and could go either way. Ryle has played three tough non-district teams to prepare them for what they will see Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

 

:thumb:

Those thinking it will be a 2-3 TD game do not understand the rivalry. It will be very, very close and could go either way.

 

Not sure you would understand this rivalry unless you went to one of the two schools. I also agree this game is going to be a close one, but I think Boone is going to come up on top. BTW Boone passing game isn't that bad. Even with the back-up.

Not sure you would understand this rivalry unless you went to one of the two schools. I also agree this game is going to be a close one, but I think Boone is going to come up on top. BTW Boone passing game isn't that bad. Even with the back-up.

 

I agree with your sentiments and obviously understand your support for Boone to win. They are the favorite for sure. We're just into word differences. I'm simply meaning that Boone's passing game is certainly not their strength although they have had nice pass plays to help win games, especially vs. Campbell. I did not go to either school but as a former player I think I understand rivalry mentality. Both teams dislike the other and play with a passion in that game for the entire game. Rarely does a victory come easy or by a wide margin if the teams are anywhere near equally matched. In the case this year, I believe the teams are equally matched, therefore my evaluation that it will be very close and could go either way. If Boone does get into a must-pass situation with a backup QB, I like Ryle's chances to pull the upset.

Isn't Boone's starting QB Alford out for this game? Or is he back?

Isn't Boone's starting QB Alford out for this game? Or is he back?

 

If the early reports about him were right, he's out.

If the early reports about him were right, he's out.

 

Ouch, that evens this game up considerably

Ouch, that evens this game up considerably

 

Boone County played well last week without Nate Alford, Mike Walsh stepped it up and had a great game at Qb, I would expect him to do the same this friday against Ryle.

Boone County hasn't used a QB much in the last 30 years other than hand off to the current stud RB... If they could have thrown just a little, they would have won State with Alexander. Boone is on a roll and will win by 20....

Boone County hasn't used a QB much in the last 30 years other than hand off to the current stud RB... If they could have thrown just a little, they would have won State with Alexander. Boone is on a roll and will win by 20....

 

I realize that the QB is not a key point of the Boone attack, but you do have to keep the other team honest. If I'm Ryle, and I can put 7 in the Box, the odds even out considerably.

8 in the box is not unrealistic, especially with a rainy night and a very limited passing threat by Boone. Lookin' like a low-scoring game to me.

8 in the box is not unrealistic, especially with a rainy night and a very limited passing threat by Boone. Lookin' like a low-scoring game to me.

 

Which opens puts Ryle in this game. Ryle's short passing game and two pretty solid RB's gives them a real chance in this one.

Which opens puts Ryle in this game. Ryle's short passing game and two pretty solid RB's gives them a real chance in this one.

 

Agreed. It will be a great game and very close to the surprise of many.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.