Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone vs. Ryle Predictions

Featured Replies

Boone has a very dangerous receiver in Lokesak, he will keep the Raider defense honest.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which opens puts Ryle in this game. Ryle's short passing game and two pretty solid RB's gives them a real chance in this one.

 

 

Ryle's run game will not net more than 30 yds for the game. Especially if they line up in the shotgun or single back back field. It is hard enough to run the ball on Boone with a full back take the lead blocker away and you are in trouble.

With Ryles "long hand off" pass offense Boone will be able to stay in their base D and tee off on Ryles receivers after the "long hand off" pass to the flats.

Ryle's run game will not net more than 30 yds for the game. Especially if they line up in the shotgun or single back back field. It is hard enough to run the ball on Boone with a full back take the lead blocker away and you are in trouble.

With Ryles "long hand off" pass offense Boone will be able to stay in their base D and tee off on Ryles receivers after the "long hand off" pass to the flats.

 

WOW. Sounds like Boone could beat St. X this year. ;)

I agree with your sentiments and obviously understand your support for Boone to win. They are the favorite for sure. We're just into word differences. I'm simply meaning that Boone's passing game is certainly not their strength although they have had nice pass plays to help win games, especially vs. Campbell. I did not go to either school but as a former player I think I understand rivalry mentality. Both teams dislike the other and play with a passion in that game for the entire game. Rarely does a victory come easy or by a wide margin if the teams are anywhere near equally matched. In the case this year, I believe the teams are equally matched, therefore my evaluation that it will be very close and could go either way. If Boone does get into a must-pass situation with a backup QB, I like Ryle's chances to pull the upset.

 

Evenly Matched????????????

Who from Ryle matches with........ Quainoo, Lohsak, Spaulding, Eagler. Boone is playing football on a different level than most of the area teams because of their talent. When Boone needs to pass, they can, and Lohsak proves to be an elusive receiver, especially in man to man. But most teams need to fill the box just to try to contain Quainoo. I also think Boone plays every game with a rivalry mentality. Walsh may be a back up, but he can still run the show just as well............. Good luck and safe playing to both teams.............

WOW. Sounds like Boone could beat St. X this year. ;)

 

Don't we wish! Looks like its going to be a rainy one. I'm sure this game is going to come down to the wire. I hope both teams come out healthy from a rain soaked field. I hope the weatherman is wrong and something happens and we get a warm sunny day haha.

  • Author
Don't we wish! Looks like its going to be a rainy one. I'm sure this game is going to come down to the wire. I hope both teams come out healthy from a rain soaked field. I hope the weatherman is wrong and something happens and we get a warm sunny day haha.

 

Sure would be nice if they moved the game to Ryle's turf field and eliminate some slippery field issues. Somehow I just don't see that happening though. Obviously, my only concern is that I don't want to see Boone ruin their field for their home playoff game. ;):D

  • Author
Evenly Matched????????????

Who from Ryle matches with........ Quainoo, Lohsak, Spaulding, Eagler. Boone is playing football on a different level than most of the area teams because of their talent. When Boone needs to pass, they can, and Lohsak proves to be an elusive receiver, especially in man to man. But most teams need to fill the box just to try to contain Quainoo. I also think Boone plays every game with a rivalry mentality. Walsh may be a back up, but he can still run the show just as well............. Good luck and safe playing to both teams.............

 

Yes, Ryle is practically devoid of any meaningful talent at any of their skill positions. There is no one on their team that even remotely compares talent-wise to any Boone starter and it is good that someone pointed this out. :rolleyes:

I heard the Boone players want this game to be moved to Ryle so they can play on the new field turf. :p:D

If the early reports about him were right, he's out.

 

Unfortunately, it looks as if Alford is out for the year. Walsh, the senior backup, has split snaps with Alford in practice all year and proved against Dixie that he's ready to play. He has command of the offense and can make all the throws.

Sure would be nice if they moved the game to Ryle's turf field and eliminate some slippery field issues. Somehow I just don't see that happening though. Obviously, my only concern is that I don't want to see Boone ruin their field for their home playoff game. ;):D

 

The field is so dry. It will take more than the rain forecasted to alter the field for the playoffs.

Im going with the Rebels by at least 2 scores

 

I also predict that Ryle will not have more then 30 yards rushing in the game

Im going with the Rebels by at least 2 scores

 

I also predict that Ryle will not have more then 30 yards rushing in the game

 

30 yards? Really?

Im going with the Rebels by at least 2 scores

 

I also predict that Ryle will not have more then 30 yards rushing in the game

 

30 yds... Nonsense. I think Boone will win, but this is gonna be a slugfest from the get go.

Yes, Ryle is practically devoid of any meaningful talent at any of their skill positions. There is no one on their team that even remotely compares talent-wise to any Boone starter and it is good that someone pointed this out. :rolleyes:

 

I did not say Ryle does not have talented players. I was clearly asking "who are the players that EQUALLY match the ones I mentioned. I have not seen any up to this point perform at that level. Ryle is a good team and they are improving each week. I'm sure Ryle has some equally or higher talented players, but are they key positions and game-changing playmakers? I like your sarcasm :thumb:

  • Author
I did not say Ryle does not have talented players. I was clearly asking "who are the players that EQUALLY match the ones I mentioned. I have not seen any up to this point perform at that level. Ryle is a good team and they are improving each week. I'm sure Ryle has some equally or higher talented players, but are they key positions and game-changing playmakers? I like your sarcasm :thumb:

 

It's a gift. ;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.