Morning People...

rockmom

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning person here for all the reasons others have posted. Its nice, peaceful and quiet. Love getting into the office before the phone starts ringing and the emails from clients start pouring in. I usually get about 5-6hours of sleep each night so an afternoon nap of 15 minutes at my desk is a regular thing with me. Henry on the other hand, would sleep until 10 if she could.

I couldn't agree more. Up early and in the office by 6:30 a.m. before all the headaches begins is nice. By the time the weekends come, I'm up and moving around by 7:00. Of course, the dogs have no idea what day it is.

My dog has clued in pretty well. If the alarm goes off, he knows I'm leaving soon. I don't set the alarm on my days off. If I put on dress clothes, he knows I'm leaving. If I put on tennis shoes or hiking boots, he knows we're going for a walk. In the mornings, when I'm getting ready for work, he lays on the bed, with his head on his paws, with the saddest eyes I've ever seen. On the weekends, we wake up, and it's still dark, and no alarm has gone off. He gets up, goes outside, then comes back to lie down while I make my coffee, but that's all the grace period I get. :lol:

I am the first to get up on days that I work. I have a 10-15 minute window of time to eat my cereal and read the paper. I love that alone time. The house is usually completely silent.

The other morning my spouse got up with me and talked to me throughout my coveted alone time. Even worse, he read parts of his paper out loud to me. :madman:

He has no idea how close he came to getting clubbed to death with my cereal spoon....

I am pretty sure that makes me a non-morning person who gets up early in the morning. Dangerous combination......

Before the kids, I hated mornings. Then, I loved mornings...Now that it is just me and PH (and Molly), I still love mornings. I like getting up really early, leaving the lights off, watching news and checking out BGP. I do this while drinking my coffee. The sunrise is so beautiful!

Mornings...ugh.:irked:

I think I'm a third-shift person trapped in a first-shift life.

You hit the nail on the head here. My thoughts exactly. I usually kick in about 1 am. I love the period from about 1 am to 4 am because it is so peaceful and quiet during this time. Unfortunately, in my line of work it is hard to get clients to agree to a 2 am appointment.

I am a morning person. I love mornings! I love my first cup of coffee of the day, my shower, leaving the house early. I love getting to work before anyone else and getting a jumpstart on everyone. On the weekends, I still get up early. I love drinking my morning coffee on the front porch and then walking my dog when the sun is just rising.

What do you like about morning?

Hate is a strong word, but I will say people like you cause me great angst and much loathing.;) I'll bet I've gone to bed more times as the sun is rising than have gotten up as it is rising.