Morning People...

rockmom

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a morning person. I love mornings! I love my first cup of coffee of the day, my shower, leaving the house early. I love getting to work before anyone else and getting a jumpstart on everyone. On the weekends, I still get up early. I love drinking my morning coffee on the front porch and then walking my dog when the sun is just rising.

What do you like about morning?

I couldn't agree more. Up early and in the office by 6:30 a.m. before all the headaches begins is nice. By the time the weekends come, I'm up and moving around by 7:00. Of course, the dogs have no idea what day it is.

When I worked and had children at home I Had to be a morning person. I would get up early so I could be by myself for awhile , get ready and then get them up and going. now that we are both retired we have both turned into night people, BUT now my dogs get me up by no later than 8:30. Oh well , can't win for losing.:p

If you've noticed, a lot of times I'll post at 3 a.m. then again around 7 a.m. or so. I rarely get more than 4 or 5 consecutive hours of sleep. But it works out good for me, I love to take naps more than anything. I love the morning and I love the night. I'm pretty weird that way. But I agree with others, nothing beats waking up, sitting on the deck with some coffee and watching the city wake up (maybe if it was watching the beach wake up).

I HATE mornings. I love nights.

Mike Birbiglia has a really good bit about mornings.

He say when he stays at hotels he has to call the front desk and be like, "Can I get a wake up call for 7:00, 7:10, 7:45, 10:00, 10:30, 1:45, and 2:00 PM?

That's how I am. I hate waking up.

I love getting up before first light and walking out to get the news when you can still see the stars and all is still. I like to watch Mrs. Hearsay still sleeping.

I love breakfast, the smell of it, making it, the endless possibilities.

I love oldest little Hearsay getting up while still dark and its just me and him for 45 minutes before everyone else stirs, eating his Cheerios quietly (the only time in the day he is that way) and watching cartoons with me.

I do all my dictation for the day before 9, have my schedule compiled, and list of phone calls to make from 9-10. The rest of the days is just downhill.

Morning is over when court starts at 9 a.m.