Marijuana Legalization

Where do you stand on marijuana laws?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on marijuana laws?

• They aren't strict enough!
    • They are perfect how they are.
    • I'm for the legalization of medical marijuana only.
    • Im for the decriminilization of marijuana. Still illegal, but isn't punished (Amsterdam).
    • I'm for complete legalization!
    • Undecided

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think those users you speak of are in the distinct minority though I have no data to support my argument.

I think that's the main reason a lot of high school kids start smoking it. They want to do something "cool", that could get them in trouble if they got caught.

I think that's the main reason a lot of high school kids start smoking it. They want to do something "cool", that could get them in trouble if they got caught.

They want to get high and feel good thats why they do it. They might be pressured into by the "cool" people at first but thats not why people continue to use.

They want to get high and feel good thats why they do it. They might be pressured into by the "cool" people at first but thats not why people continue to use.

:thumb: They do it because they like it. I know plenty of people who smoke it, and they don't do it to be cool. They do it when they have had a stressful day and they want to come home and relax. And btw, most of the people I know who smoke weed do not use other drugs.

Legalize it, tax it, and many problems will go away IMO.

Absolutely. And let me say, I am not a former or current "herbalist"; and I see no immediate reason that I will become one in the future. So I have no personal interest in this. But it's a naturally occurring plant. Legalize it and tax it.

The War on Drugs is an utter, tragic failure and a total hypocrisy. And considering the horrible entanglement our government has with the pharmaceutical lobby, the fed is the biggest drug dealer around.

I would also go even further to say I have no problem with someone who wants to grow a plant or two for his own personal consumption. If you want to sit on your porch, catch a buzz and enjoy yourself so be it as long as you stay off the roads (just like the rules of alcohol consumption).

Serious question...Is there a breathalyzer to determine how high someone is? If not, the driving while high thing may be hard to prove.

Could someone please explain what "decriminalization" is ?

Does it carry a fine but no possible jail time ?

When it comes to Mary Jane...

Some places have drug education, civil fines or drug treatment in place of incarceration and/or criminal charges for possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Ohio is a state that does the decriminalization of marijuana.

According to the Ohio Revised Code, although possession of less than 100 grams is only a minor misdemeanor, possession of drug paraphernalia, which may include a bowl or bong, is a misdemeanor with a maximum of 30 days in prison. Trafficking marijuana is a felony.

While not a popular stance in the "legalize it" camp, what I saw in Amsterdam makes your point. There were plenty of dealers on the street pushing what wasn't sold on the "up and up". And from what the locals told me, they were pushing false product for profit.

Very interesting debate when you get to the core of things...

People pushing things on Americans in foreign countries is not new. They do it in Jamaica, the Bahamas & many other places.

How does the fact that they're pushing a fake drug prove that more people use hard drugs? Could it be that they know that Amsterdam has a certain stigma surrounding it with regards to drugs, and those fake dealers are putting their entrepreneurial skills to use?

When it comes to Mary Jane...

Some places have drug education, civil fines or drug treatment in place of incarceration and/or criminal charges for possession of small amounts of marijuana.

Ohio is a state that does the decriminalization of marijuana.

According to the Ohio Revised Code, although possession of less than 100 grams is only a minor misdemeanor, possession of drug paraphernalia, which may include a bowl or bong, is a misdemeanor with a maximum of 30 days in prison. Trafficking marijuana is a felony.

Could someone please explain what "decriminalization" is ?

Does it carry a fine but no possible jail time ?

You're kind of off-base, Scarheel, but partways there.

Decriminalization moreso means that it's just not a high priority for law enforcement, in addition to hand-slap type penalties. Kind of like jaywalking. It's still a crime, but they're not going to go busting down your door to nail you for it. Just don't be obvious about it.

You're kind of off-base, Scarheel, but partways there.

Decriminalization moreso means that it's just not a high priority for law enforcement, in addition to hand-slap type penalties. Kind of like jaywalking. It's still a crime, but they're not going to go busting down your door to nail you for it. Just don't be obvious about it.

Thanks for clearing that up Jim.

Well, put me in the decriminalization camp :thumb: