Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier #25 in USA Today Poll

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! No.11 in ESPN poll. Lets keep it going;)

I'd like to get some of the Northern Ky opinions of how the big two would do against the Cincy big 5, namely Cincy St X, Moeller, Lasalle, Elder and Colerain?

Every one of the Big 5 has at least 1 loss with St X having three losses including one to Trinity. 3 games come to mind, Highlands 18-33 to Colerain, Trinity 17-0 over Cincy St X, Louisville St X 30-6 over Trinity. I know you use comparables in real estate but do you think it applies here? Let us know your opinion- congrats Tigers!

I'd like to get some of the Northern Ky opinions of how the big two would do against the Cincy big 5, namely Cincy St X, Moeller, Lasalle, Elder and Colerain?

Every one of the Big 5 has at least 1 loss with St X having three losses including one to Trinity. 3 games come to mind, Highlands 18-33 to Colerain, Trinity 17-0 over Cincy St X, Louisville St X 30-6 over Trinity. I know you use comparables in real estate but do you think it applies here? Let us know your opinion- congrats Tigers!

Well, we already have some idea about how the Louisville "Big Two" would fare against the big Cincy schools, since Trinity defeated Cincy Saint X already this year. It seems that Cincy football is a bit down this year... I'd have to think that Trinity and Louisville Saint X would match up very well against all the big Cincy schools this year. Probably, Cincy Elder has the best all-around Cincy team right now.

Good job by X. I'm sure they are already plotting on how to take down the Rocks in the semis.

Very nice! No.11 in ESPN poll. Lets keep it going;)

 

Wow, that's a very lofty ranking! Keep it going Tigers!

The Tigers are all the way up to #3 in the MaxPreps Rankings this week. Can anyone remember ANY Kentucky team being ranked this high in any of the National Polls? I sure can't.

 

By the way, before anyone gets carried away, I do realize that these national high school polls are ridiculous, but they are fun to discuss. ;)

How X-citing!! X-cellent job Tigers!

The Tigers are all the way up to #3 in the MaxPreps Rankings this week. Can anyone remember ANY Kentucky team being ranked this high in any of the National Polls? I sure can't.

 

By the way, before anyone gets carried away, I do realize that these national high school polls are ridiculous, but they are fun to discuss. ;)

 

No, I can't. The highest I remember a KY team being was Trinity being ranked 4th nationally in the final USA Today Super 25 rankings list back in 2002. If Saint X wins the rest of their games (a tall order, indeed, but definitely do-able), I wonder how high they would be ranked in the final polls?

Strength of schedule will hurt them in most polls, as the only team that adds any credibility is Trinity (and unfortunately their win over Cincy X is looking less and less impressive each week). If X had beaten another regional power (MBA, Moeller, etc.) then we could be talking, but I just don't see much upside the rest of the season, if they're able to win out. Teams from other states will likely jump them but a Top 10 USA Today finish would be nice.

X would do well against anyone in the nation this year. They are that good. I could not see anyone blowing them out this year. With T being such a huge rivalry game and possible doubts in the X players' minds, the rematch vs. T will be as difficult to win as playing anyone in the nation, however. I'd be willing to say that the game will be close although X would have the capability to win big again. Congrats to X on their accomplishment so far this year!

I'd like to get some of the Northern Ky opinions of how the big two would do against the Cincy big 5, namely Cincy St X, Moeller, Lasalle, Elder and Colerain?

Every one of the Big 5 has at least 1 loss with St X having three losses including one to Trinity. 3 games come to mind, Highlands 18-33 to Colerain, Trinity 17-0 over Cincy St X, Louisville St X 30-6 over Trinity. I know you use comparables in real estate but do you think it applies here? Let us know your opinion- congrats Tigers!

 

My gut feeling is X can play with anyone this year unless it is a team with overwhelming talent and D1 speed at multiple positions. In other words, this is one of the best X teams I have ever seen.

My gut feeling is X can play with anyone this year unless it is a team with overwhelming talent and D1 speed at multiple positions. In other words, this is one of the best X teams I have ever seen.

 

G

 

This is what I have said and maintained since the opening weekend.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.