Rank the regions

9th's record vs 10th since 01/02

(Scott, SK, Calvary Christian are all considered 9th region teams from 01/02 through 04/05)

07/08- 45-24

06/07- 29-45

05/06- 36-31

04/05- 22-27

03/04- 24-21

02/03- 37-24

01/02- 41-27

That's only 2 years out of the last 7 that the 10th has had a winning record against the 9th.

But they aren't consistantly playing the top teams in the 10th... You don't see them playing GRC, Mason, Montgomery, or even PC when they had a very good team... You're taking a very small sample and applying it to the bigger picture...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Carter is solid but not good enough to compete with the big boys of the 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th IMO.

The 16th is VERY weak outside of Elliot Co. The 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th all have atleast two teams that could win the 16th.

I disagree. East Carter may not be able to compete with the Scott Co and the Holmes but I think they are a top 25 team in the state.

For example, Brossart's record against the 9th the past 6 years is 26-11, while their record against the 10th is 56-21.

The winning percentage against the 10th barely edges over the 9th, but Brossart plays teams like Silver Grove and Calvary once or twice year due to the District seeding, while they only play top competition, other than Holmes, in the 9th region... I believe you would see the same results with Campbell and Scott...

But they aren't consistantly playing the top teams in the 10th... You don't see them playing GRC, Mason, Montgomery, or even PC when they had a very good team... You're taking a very small sample and applying it to the bigger picture...

We're not talking about just the top teams though. We're talkin top to bottom which regions are the most balanced. And many of the 10th small schools play the 9th small schools as well. Top to bottom the 9th has WAY more balance than the 10th and more quality teams.

Year in and year out Scott and Campbell play the same size schools as them from the 9th. (Dixie, Highlands, CCH, Holmes, Boone, Conner, etc.). The 10th's top 2 teams may have an advantage over the 9th's top 2 often, but top to bottom, you can't tell me that the schools like Harrison Co, Bourbon Co, Pendleton Co, and St Patrick are up to par with the middle of the pack 9th Region teams.

For example, Brossart's record against the 9th the past 6 years is 26-11, while their record against the 10th is 56-21.

The winning percentage against the 10th barely edges over the 9th, but Brossart plays teams like Silver Grove and Calvary once or twice year due to the District seeding, while they only play top competition, other than Holmes, in the 9th region... I believe you would see the same results with Campbell and Scott...

Campbell and Scott schedule bad 9th teams as well. You'll see that they play Newport every year. But shouldn't those two be playing schools like Highlands, CCH, Boone, Dixie, Conner, etc since they're the same size?

I'm not trying to say the 10th is bad cause IMO it's the 4th best region in the state. I just think top to bottom the 9th has more quality teams whereas the 10th is just top heavy with 2 or 3 good teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of depends on how you compare regions...the top teams vs. the top teams in other regions? Or looking at the regions top-to-bottom?

For example...

The 8th has four teams that look to be quality teams this year - North Oldham, Anderson County, and Shelby County look to be the pre-season favorites, and Gallatin County's team may be right with them. Owen County may be the surprise team - if I remember correctly, they had a lot of youth last year and competed very favorably in the region in a narrow loss to Shelby.

But I'm not sure about the remaining teams...

Why isn't anyone talking about the mighty 12th region................??

Ok, your right. The 12th isn't going to be too mighty this year. But, in a few years watch out!! ;)

I agree! I think the class of 2013 will help the 12th region rank at the top of the state!

I think there should be a state tournament where the best players from each region play the other regions for champion - now wouldn't that be a tourney to watch!:banana::banana:

NCC is 7th in the state with all time wins 1089 wins- 585 loses. This is a great thing for them, and they are still going to have some good teams in the years to come. I'm not an NCC fan by any means. Go Camels. My point being, many schools have their day in the sun,and it fun to see this happen, but 4 or 5 years with a couple of good groups of players does not make a great basketball program, but a great program will consistently develop good players and puta competing team on the floor. Those teams will be seen in the regional tournament most every year, and those teams are the ones to watch. Those special teams that come together once in a while and excel, should be applauded for their accomplishments and nothing taken away from them. The teams that are there every year are the teams that keep everyone pushing to be better, and that makes it better for most everyone.

The last time the 16th had Pre-Season prominence was in 2000. That season in the Pre-Season Coaches Poll in the Lex. Herald Leader Boyd County, Greenup County and Ashland were all voted in the Top 25 with West Carter receiving votes as well. Of course when Rose Hill and Morgan County had there battles in the early 2000's they were getting recognition across the state as well. The 90's were good for the 16th Region, but since then overall the region has been weak.

In the 10th, this year, the top 4 teams are GRC, Mason County, Scott, and Campbell.

GRC is very young and talented, Mason County is Mason County, Scott returns almost everybody and has alot of depth. Not sure about Campbell but people seem to have high opinions of them.

If you ask me, GRC should win the region this year with either Mason or Scott runner-up.

As was previously mentioned, I will agree in the fact that the 10th region is very top heavy. Brossart will be good this year as well as they return alot of players from their young team last year. I think some people are underestimating the 10th a little. I'm not saying they are in the class of the 7th and 11th regions but you get my point.