Rank the regions

I dont really see why the 1st region is not in the bottom tier. Really I just dont know much about the region. Id like to hear your opinion.

As for the 14th and 16th regions, both have 1 really good team, but it falls off after that so I can see why they are bottom tier teams.

Paducah Tilghman made the finals in 2002. Graves County made the semifinals in 2006. Tilghman was competitive with Holmes, a final four team, in 2007 and won a game in the Sweet 16 last year.

I don't think Region 1 is one of the best, obviously, but I don't think it's among the worst, either.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paducah Tilghman made the finals in 2002. Graves County made the semifinals in 2006. Tilghman was competitive with Holmes, a final four team, in 2007 and won a game in the Sweet 16 last year.

I don't think Region 1 is one of the best, obviously, but I don't think it's among the worst, either.

I was thinking Paducah Tighlman was in region 2. They played awful last year I thought in the Sweet 16, but they are usually pretty good as is Graves Co. on occasions. Thats a pretty good region.

You're correct and I agree. The 9th region will be somewhat down this year but they still have a state title contender in Holmes and a top 20-25 team in Boone Co.

Top to bottom, if you look at the teams in the 9th, they are still one of the top 3 regions in the state.

Not many regions have the amount of quality teams that the 9th has. (Covcath, Holmes, Boone, Dixie, Newcath, Ryle, St Henry) I'll take those 7 against any other region's top 7 in the state. (Outside of the 7th and 11th)

The 10th has been consistantly better than the 9th the past 10 years or so IMO...

Brossart's been the best team in NKY twice in the past 5 years and didn't win the 10th either year.

I was thinking Paducah Tighlman was in region 2. They played awful last year I thought in the Sweet 16, but they are usually pretty good as is Graves Co. on occasions. Thats a pretty good region.
Tilghman played great in the first round, then laid a big, runny egg in the quarterfinals. Such is life ...

Tilghman played great in the first round, then laid a big, runny egg in the quarterfinals. Such is life ...

The team they played in the 1st round wasn't very good (Greenwood I believe). They looked very irratic last year..talking about Tighlman. I came away very unimpressed. They were athletic, but not very good basketball players.

The team they played in the 1st round wasn't very good (Greenwood I believe). They looked very irratic last year..talking about Tighlman. I came away very unimpressed. They were athletic, but not very good basketball players.
You saw them on a very good night and a very bad night. It happens.

The 10th has been consistantly better than the 9th the past 10 years or so IMO...

Brossart's been the best team in NKY twice in the past 5 years and didn't win the 10th either year.

The 10th might seem better because of Mason Co, GRC, Brossart and Montgomery Co but after that there's a significant drop off to Campbell, SK, and Scott. The 10th is very top heavy and Brossart isn't consistently a region title contender in the 10th. They had two good years and that's it.

The 9th TOP TO BOTTOM has more consistently productive teams year in and year out and it shows when the middle of the pack teams in the 9th such as St Henry, Ryle, Dixie, Highlands, NCC are knocking off teams who crack the top 5 in the 10th like Brossart, Campbell, Scott and SK.

The 9th was 45-24 against the 10th last year.

The 10th is very top heavy and Brossart isn't consistently a region title contender in the 10th. They had two good years and that's it.
Brossart has had more than just "two good years" ... they've been a pretty solid program for a while and even won the 10th Region and made the state quarterfinals in 2000.

Brossart has had more than just "two good years" ... they've been a pretty solid program for a while and even won the 10th Region and made the state quarterfinals in 2000.

I didn't mean it as in Brossart wasn't a good program. I was talking recently and just saying that Brossart isn't a consistent region title contender like GRC, Mason Co, and Montgomery Co.

Brossart had a good year in 06/07 but lost in the region semi's. In 04/05 they had another good year but didn't even make it out of the district as they lost to Pendleton Co in the first round.

I didn't mean it as in Brossart wasn't a good program. I was talking recently and just saying that Brossart isn't a consistent region title contender like GRC, Mason Co, and Montgomery Co.

Brossart had a good year in 06/07 but lost in the region semi's. In 04/05 they had another good year but didn't even make it out of the district as they lost to Pendleton Co in the first round.

Brossart is a contender just as much as Montgomery, with Mason and GRC right above those two...

And the teams in 06/07 and 04/05 are exactly what I'm talking about... Arguably a Top 10 team in the state both years and was 2/3 in the region... I'll take the 10th over the 9th any day...

Brossart is a contender just as much as Montgomery, with Mason and GRC right above those two...

And the teams in 06/07 and 04/05 are exactly what I'm talking about... Arguably a Top 10 team in the state both years and was 2/3 in the region... I'll take the 10th over the 9th any day...

Brossart is 4-9 against those 3 schools since the 03/04 season. I wouldn't call 4 wins against those 3 exactly being a contender every year. Maybe every other year, but not every year consistently like those have been.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree but the facts are there. The numbers don't lie. The 9th was 45-24 against the 10th last year which everyone declined to comment on.

The 10th might seem better because of Mason Co, GRC, Brossart and Montgomery Co but after that there's a significant drop off to Campbell, SK, and Scott. The 10th is very top heavy and Brossart isn't consistently a region title contender in the 10th. They had two good years and that's it.

The 9th TOP TO BOTTOM has more consistently productive teams year in and year out and it shows when the middle of the pack teams in the 9th such as St Henry, Ryle, Dixie, Highlands, NCC are knocking off teams who crack the top 5 in the 10th like Brossart, Campbell, Scott and SK.

The 9th was 45-24 against the 10th last year.

SK is in the 8th.

Brossart is 4-9 against those 3 schools since the 03/04 season. I wouldn't call 4 wins against those 3 exactly being a contender every year. Maybe every other year, but not every year consistently like those have been.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree but the facts are there. The numbers don't lie. The 9th was 45-24 against the 10th last year which everyone declined to comment on.

I believe all those losses besides one is to Mason. Mason is superior to Brossart, as is GRC. However, I believe Brossart is 3-1 against Montgomery in that time period, and 1-0 against GRC...

Last year maybe, because those were down years for both Brossart and Scott which are basically the only teams that the 9th play...

I've played against teams in both, and the talent in the 10th is superior, IMO...

I believe all those losses besides one is to Mason. Mason is superior to Brossart, as is GRC. However, I believe Brossart is 3-1 against Montgomery in that time period, and 1-0 against GRC...

Last year maybe, because those were down years for both Brossart and Scott which are basically the only teams that the 9th play...

I've played against teams in both, and the talent in the 10th is superior, IMO...

9th's record vs 10th since 01/02

(Scott, SK, Calvary Christian are all considered 9th region teams from 01/02 through 04/05)

07/08- 45-24

06/07- 29-45

05/06- 36-31

04/05- 22-27

03/04- 24-21

02/03- 37-24

01/02- 41-27

That's only 2 years out of the last 7 that the 10th has had a winning record against the 9th.