Rank the regions

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7th and 11th regions are hands down the top 2 in the state but IMO the 9th and 10th arent as far behind as some would like to think.

Let's not forget the 9th region's Champ (Holmes) AND Runner up (Covcath) did knock off the 11th's top team in nationally ranked Lexcath last year.

Listing them in geographic order:

Top tier ... 7, 11

Upper middle tier ... 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10

Lower middle tier ... 1, 4, 8, 13

Bottom tier ... 12, 14, 15, 16

I dont really see why the 1st region is not in the bottom tier. Really I just dont know much about the region. Id like to hear your opinion.

As for the 14th and 16th regions, both have 1 really good team, but it falls off after that so I can see why they are bottom tier teams.

I dont really see why the 1st region is not in the bottom tier. Really I just dont know much about the region. Id like to hear your opinion.

As for the 14th and 16th regions, both have 1 really good team, but it falls off after that so I can see why they are bottom tier teams.

East Carter will give the 16th region two pretty good teams this year. They are good enough to compete with close to anyone in the state this year.

East Carter will give the 16th region two pretty good teams this year. They are good enough to compete with close to anyone in the state this year.

East Carter is solid but not good enough to compete with the big boys of the 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th IMO.

The 16th is VERY weak outside of Elliot Co. The 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th all have atleast two teams that could win the 16th.

You think the 9th is almost as good as the 7th and better than the 11th?

I'll go out on a limb here and say the 9th isn't as deep as the 7th or 11th but they are definetly closer than some think.

The 9th year in and year out have 2-3 teams that could win almost any other region tournament. (Not counting the 7th or 11th when the 9th is down in talent)

If you look at the 9th's record against out of region competition this past year, it's very strong.

I'll go out on a limb here and say the 9th isn't as deep as the 7th or 11th but they are definetly closer than some think.

The 9th year in and year out have 2-3 teams that could win almost any other region tournament. (Not counting the 7th or 11th when the 9th is down in talent)

If you look at the 9th's record against out of region competition this past year, it's very strong.

I am judging by this season alone. I think the region is a little bit down. I don't think CovCath is going to be hardly as strong and they are usually atleast a top 15 team. Its still a good region, but I don't believe this will be the region's strongest year by any means.

I am judging by this season alone. I think the region is a little bit down. I don't think CovCath is going to be hardly as strong and they are usually atleast a top 15 team. Its still a good region, but I don't believe this will be the region's strongest year by any means.

You're correct and I agree. The 9th region will be somewhat down this year but they still have a state title contender in Holmes and a top 20-25 team in Boone Co.

Top to bottom, if you look at the teams in the 9th, they are still one of the top 3 regions in the state.

Not many regions have the amount of quality teams that the 9th has. (Covcath, Holmes, Boone, Dixie, Newcath, Ryle, St Henry) I'll take those 7 against any other region's top 7 in the state. (Outside of the 7th and 11th)

True the 1st region has not won a state title since North Marshall won it all in 1959, but teams from the region have had a fair amount of success at the State Tournament. 1983Carlisle County made it to the state finals, In 95 Marshall County made it to the Final 4 losing to eventual champ Breck Co, Graves County won state tournament games a few times in the mid and late 90's....then made a Final 4 trip in 2006. In 2002 Paducah Tilghman made it to the state finals....losing to Lex Cath. Also made the quarter-finals again last year.

How about the 8th with Shelby County and Gallatin? Would they fall in the middle or lower middle tier?

I think Shelby is middle tier and Gallatin is lower middle tier. Gallatin had a few good years recently, but they lost some to graduation. Don't think they will be as good as in recent years. Just my opinion.