Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Benson or Perry?

Featured Replies

Who should be the starting back? Personally, I say it should be Kenny Watson, but that obviously isn't going to happen, so I go with Benson.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benson. Perry has Teflon hands.

Benson once he knows the offense. Then just use Perry on third downs...

Hmmm ... that's like choosing between arsenic or strychnine.

The jury is still out on Perry, great receiver out of the backfield but I'm not sold on him as the every down back yet. I thought Benson looked quick today, it'll take a few weeks for him to have an expanded roll but he could turn it around.

That's like asking, "would you rather lose your right leg or your left leg?"

I vote go no back 5 wide:) Housh, CJ, Utech (when healthy), Henry + Chatman are about as productive as sticking one of the Bengals 3rd class RB's in the lineup:)

I vote Benson. Perry has been given 5 games now, and has repaid the Bengals with 5 fumbles. Bench him, maybe he will get his act together, but he had his chance for now.

Neither....:cry::cry::cry:

Why not Benson, he looked better than either one today.

Watson is hurt so that wouldn't be an option either way.

Why not both?

 

Chris Perry has the tools to be an effective running back. Benson looked decent when he got a chance, but I'm not going to throw Perry out of the picture. Use Perry as a 3rd down back primarily and let Benson get the bulk of the carries. Perry has proven he cannot protect the football, but I think he can make the offense better as a receiver out of the backfield.

 

I wish Chris Henry would have played more. His presence alone opens up a lot. I could not believe it when they threw it up to Utecht, not Henry, for the 2 point conversion. But I suppose that's discussion for the game thread.

Why not both?

 

Chris Perry has the tools to be an effective running back. Benson looked decent when he got a chance, but I'm not going to throw Perry out of the picture. Use Perry as a 3rd down back primarily and let Benson get the bulk of the carries. Perry has proven he cannot protect the football, but I think he can make the offense better as a receiver out of the backfield.

 

I wish Chris Henry would have played more. His presence alone opens up a lot. I could not believe it when they threw it up to Utecht, not Henry, for the 2 point conversion. But I suppose that's discussion for the game thread.

 

That is what I said in the game thread. If they are going to throw a fade to someone. Throw the ball to Henry, he is good at going up and getting the ball.

 

I know its early but I think the lineup we will be seeing next year is. Chad Johnson, and Henry at receiver and Chatman being the slot guy. I think TJ wont be back next year. Then Benson will be the runningback. I think after just a few more games Benson is going to be the starter and Perry the 3rd down back. Which will be a very good mix I think.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.