Benson or Perry?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jury is still out on Perry, great receiver out of the backfield but I'm not sold on him as the every down back yet. I thought Benson looked quick today, it'll take a few weeks for him to have an expanded roll but he could turn it around.

Why not both?

Chris Perry has the tools to be an effective running back. Benson looked decent when he got a chance, but I'm not going to throw Perry out of the picture. Use Perry as a 3rd down back primarily and let Benson get the bulk of the carries. Perry has proven he cannot protect the football, but I think he can make the offense better as a receiver out of the backfield.

I wish Chris Henry would have played more. His presence alone opens up a lot. I could not believe it when they threw it up to Utecht, not Henry, for the 2 point conversion. But I suppose that's discussion for the game thread.

Why not both?

Chris Perry has the tools to be an effective running back. Benson looked decent when he got a chance, but I'm not going to throw Perry out of the picture. Use Perry as a 3rd down back primarily and let Benson get the bulk of the carries. Perry has proven he cannot protect the football, but I think he can make the offense better as a receiver out of the backfield.

I wish Chris Henry would have played more. His presence alone opens up a lot. I could not believe it when they threw it up to Utecht, not Henry, for the 2 point conversion. But I suppose that's discussion for the game thread.

That is what I said in the game thread. If they are going to throw a fade to someone. Throw the ball to Henry, he is good at going up and getting the ball.

I know its early but I think the lineup we will be seeing next year is. Chad Johnson, and Henry at receiver and Chatman being the slot guy. I think TJ wont be back next year. Then Benson will be the runningback. I think after just a few more games Benson is going to be the starter and Perry the 3rd down back. Which will be a very good mix I think.