October 6, 200817 yr As Joe Biden said at the debate last week, the past is prologue. Benson has done nothing in his past to make anyone think he's going to suddenly turn into a stud back. Could he? Maybe. But his past track record is a logical basis to look at when forming opinions about his future. The Bengals passing game is still being feared by their opponents? I didn't realize that. For some reason I've been under the impression - false, apparently - that their passing game is in absolute shambles. Someone needs to send out a memo to the other NFL teams and remind them how good the Bengals' passing game really is and that if they would just respect the greatness of this part of their offense it would greatly help out our RB's, including future Hall-of-Famer Benson. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Great stuff! :thumb:
October 6, 200817 yr $10 says Kenny Watson goes on the be a solid NFL player with a new team in the next few years. Not even because he was THAT good while he was here- but because when people leave Cincy, they shine
October 6, 200817 yr $10 says Kenny Watson goes on the be a solid NFL player with a new team in the next few years. Not even because he was THAT good while he was here- but because when people leave Cincy, they shine
October 6, 200817 yr $10 says Kenny Watson goes on the be a solid NFL player with a new team in the next few years. Not even because he was THAT good while he was here- but because when people leave Cincy, they shine I say the Bengals resign him and he does better than the other backs before the season is over.:sssh:
October 6, 200817 yr $10 says Kenny Watson goes on the be a solid NFL player with a new team in the next few years. Not even because he was THAT good while he was here- but because when people leave Cincy, they shine Kenny Watson is on the backside of his career. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals re-sign Watson.
October 6, 200817 yr As Joe Biden said at the debate last week, the past is prologue. Benson has done nothing in his past to make anyone think he's going to suddenly turn into a stud back. Could he? Maybe. But his past track record is a logical basis to look at when forming opinions about his future. The Bengals passing game is still being feared by their opponents? I didn't realize that. For some reason I've been under the impression - false, apparently - that their passing game is in absolute shambles. Someone needs to send out a memo to the other NFL teams and remind them how good the Bengals' passing game really is and that if they would just respect the greatness of this part of their offense it would greatly help out our RB's, including future Hall-of-Famer Benson. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Great stuff! :thumb: Nice little sarcastic comment there. However you might really need to tell other teams that, because they do still double teams our receivers all the time and keep a safety over top. So who is right you or the other NFL teams who still must really respect the Bengals passing game since they feel like they got to double the receivers every week still. But I'm sure you feel like that you are right, and not the rest of the NFL coaches... Also back to Benson, his past track record shows he had always been a great running back until he went to the Bears. May I ask when was the last time the Bears even had a great running back since Walter Peyton? Someone said in the NFL this year, and I dont remember who it was. But he was a former Chicago Bear, but he said that offensive players go to die when they join the Bears. Also I believe Benson only had one season with Chicago when he was given the chance to be the starter, and well it goes back to what I just said about people stacking the line since no one feared Grossman.
October 6, 200817 yr Just pointing out how bad this org is in evaluating talent. I can forgive fans for thinking some of these players are decent, but a professional org that passes on a Jackson to get a Perry should be admonished at every turn. They are horrible. No doubt that Cincinnati has made plenty of draft blunders. Akili Smith? Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson? Levi Jones? Ki-Jana Carter? And now Chris Perry. That's not even including those who didn't make it due to disciplinary reasons. (Insert 2nd Rounder Odell Thurman). What eats at me is how people complain about taking Perry over Stevenson. Perry was a tough back at Michigan, and I have no problem with Perry over Stevenson. It was the fact that they took a RB that bothered me...
October 6, 200817 yr Ya don't draft 3rd down backs in the 1st round.:scared: By trading down they got an extra pick. Franchise RT Stacey Andrews. Brilliant!! Didn't they trade down twice? They got Andrews and then also Deltha? Also Franchising Andrews was not that bad of an idea, he is still very young and is going to be a good RT for years to come. (With that said, I don't they should have released Anderson.) Also the Bengals were not the only team who though Perry was a late 1st round guy or early second round back at worst. Most teams had Perry around that range. So people didn't they he was just a 3rd down back. However at the time Perry was the perfect fit for the Bengals offense. They needed that change of pace back at the time, and evetually would become a #1 guy. If he hadnt been injured so much, he probably would be doing better at that job this year, than he has. By the way how is Steven Jackson doing now for the Rams? He didn't have the best season last year, and well this year I haven't really heard to much from him either. He has had only one good year correct?
October 6, 200817 yr Nice little sarcastic comment there. However you might really need to tell other teams that, because they do still double teams our receivers all the time and keep a safety over top. So who is right you or the other NFL teams who still must really respect the Bengals passing game since they feel like they got to double the receivers every week still. But I'm sure you feel like that you are right, and not the rest of the NFL coaches.... Good Lord, do you think the Bengals are the only team whose WR's get occasional double teams? And, actually, I've been watching rather closely (because I was stupid enough to draft him for my own FFL team), Chad isn't seeing much double coverage at all, yet still can't get separation from one CB. And as far as keeping safeties back to offer up Cover 2 support, that happens pretty much on every passing play. Once again, nothing special being thrown at the Bengals vaunted passing attack.
October 6, 200817 yr No doubt that Cincinnati has made plenty of draft blunders. Akili Smith? Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson? Levi Jones? Ki-Jana Carter? And now Chris Perry. That's not even including those who didn't make it due to disciplinary reasons. (Insert 2nd Rounder Odell Thurman). What eats at me is how people complain about taking Perry over Stevenson. Perry was a tough back at Michigan, and I have no problem with Perry over Stevenson. It was the fact that they took a RB that bothered me... I would not throw Levi in with those guys. Levi up until this year, actually had been a very good LT for us. He actually has a pretty good track record of going one on one with top pass rushers and shutting them down. Now this year he has struggled very much. However the whole line has for that matter. This is a line that only gave up 17 sacks last year, and its basically the same line. So you have to think a lot of it also has to do with communication problems. IMO the biggest problem is the center. Ever since Braham retired and he took over, the line has not been the same. Just last game I seen the center get drove back every time which really messed up a lot of running plays.
October 6, 200817 yr Good Lord, do you think the Bengals are the only team whose WR's get occasional double teams? And, actually, I've been watching rather closely (because I was stupid enough to draft him for my own FFL team), Chad isn't seeing much double coverage at all, yet still can't get separation from one CB. And as far as keeping safeties back to offer up Cover 2 support, that happens pretty much on every passing play. Once again, nothing special being thrown at the Bengals vaunted passing attack. Go watch the game more closely my man. Do you see teams put 8 in the box at all against the Bengals? They do double team Chad and TJ more than most of receivers in the NFL. Every single play almost they are rolling a safety over top to his way. So yeah you are wrong, and if you go actually break down films of what exactly defenses are doing, you will see that. Or in that fact just listen to NFL guys who talk about the defenses people have been stil using against the Bengals you will see that. Yeah every team uses a basic cover 2 support, however teams do it differently when playing teams with top receivers. And believe it or not, they have still been doing that this year against the Bengals. The Bengals just have been worst at executing against it this year though.
October 6, 200817 yr We are starting to get a little off topic now, which was about Benson and Perry. Obviously you think you are right about it, and well obviously I think I am right as well. So I will just say this. I guess we will see who is right about this all, once Benson learns this offense. If you are right I will get on here and admit you were right and I was wrong. However I don't think its going to play out like that.
October 6, 200817 yr By the way how is Steven Jackson doing now for the Rams? He didn't have the best season last year, and well this year I haven't really heard to much from him either. He has had only one good year correct? Sjax has 3 1000-yard seasons, 4500 career yards, 4.3 rushing average, 31 rushing TD's, as well as 210 career receptions for 1800 yards and 6 TD's. Perry has spent most of his career injured, has 576 rushing yards and 3.6 YPC average with 2 TD's, along with 75 receptions for 448 yards and 2 TD's. Oh yeah, and he fumbles about once per game. I definitely wouldn't have wanted Sjax, who is pretty much universally considered as a top 5 RB in the game despite being on what is probably the worst team in the NFL. Enough said. You win. Benson is a stud hands down. You have convinced me. Someone should call Canton right now so they can start carving his bust. In fact, I now submit that all the Bengals' players are awesome. Who knows why the are 0-5. Probably just bad karma.
October 6, 200817 yr Nice little sarcastic comment there. However you might really need to tell other teams that, because they do still double teams our receivers all the time and keep a safety over top. So who is right you or the other NFL teams who still must really respect the Bengals passing game since they feel like they got to double the receivers every week still. But I'm sure you feel like that you are right, and not the rest of the NFL coaches... Also back to Benson, his past track record shows he had always been a great running back until he went to the Bears. May I ask when was the last time the Bears even had a great running back since Walter Peyton? Someone said in the NFL this year, and I dont remember who it was. But he was a former Chicago Bear, but he said that offensive players go to die when they join the Bears. Also I believe Benson only had one season with Chicago when he was given the chance to be the starter, and well it goes back to what I just said about people stacking the line since no one feared Grossman. So you're basically saying that Benson was a great running back in little league, junior high, high school and college but has been a bust in the pros. Got it. :thumb:
October 6, 200817 yr Sjax has 3 1000-yard seasons, 4500 career yards, 4.3 rushing average, 31 rushing TD's, as well as 210 career receptions for 1800 yards and 6 TD's. Perry has spent most of his career injured, has 576 rushing yards and 3.6 YPC average with 2 TD's, along with 75 receptions for 448 yards and 2 TD's. Oh yeah, and he fumbles about once per game. I definitely wouldn't have wanted Sjax, who is pretty much universally considered as a top 5 RB in the game despite being on what is probably the worst team in the NFL. Enough said. You win. Benson is a stud hands down. You have convinced me. Someone should call Canton right now so they can start carving his bust. In fact, I now submit that all the Bengals' players are awesome. Who knows why the are 0-5. Probably just bad karma. I must admit you are right. I mean it is so easy to say a team should have picked this other guy instead after you have seen how the did in the Pro's. I mean its to bad we can't have another draft after we see how they would do in the pro's.... If Steven Jackson was such a can't miss guy, he would not have slid all the way down to the 20's like he did. If he was such a can't miss guy the Dallas Cowboys wouldn't have traded down either, to get Julius Jones instead. Thats also funny how you say the reason Jackson is not doing good anymore is because he plays on a bad team. If I remember correctly even though Benson did play on a super bowl team. He never played on an offense that you would even come close to calling good. Honestly I wouldn't even call that offense average the teams he played on in Chicago. You must really have a hard time understanding how teams in Chicago would put 8 in the box just to make sure they stop running game because they wanted good ole interception Rex to throw the ball. You keep saying how like I been saying he will be a hall of famer. But Im pretty sure I have never said that, so nice try. I do think he will end up being a very good back though for the Bengals. And as I said if I am end up being wrong. I will be the first one to get on here to admit I was wrong to you. But I expect to see the same from you, when he does do good after he knows the offense. :sssh::thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.