Pet names (animals)

MountainThunder

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize one named footstools! :lol:

We didn't have pets when I was litte, but I did have a pet rock...named....Rocky! :lol:

I had a hermit crab named Louie once, after a dork I went to grade school with.

I had a cocker spaniel named Cody once.

Then there was a black lab mix named Zack. What a sweetie he was!

Probably 100 fish over the years, most named Goldie.

A rainbow lizard named Lizzie, who I cared for very much. :cry:

Now I have my Lucky Dog! A little story some of you know...it's Tony Danza's fault I have a dog! :lol: Actually, I should thank her. I went out with her one night, and had to drive with my kids to my parents early the next morning to a family affair. The whole way down, all day at my parents, and the whole way back my kids BEGGED me for this dog. I told the fine, after hours and hours of begging, and I was just too darned tired to keep hearing it. BUT, they had to be completely and utterly responsible for it, vet bills, walks, food, the whole nine-yards. WELL, that lasted about a week....but by that time I was in love! My daughter wanted to name him Rambo, but as he was part Jack Russell, part Beagle, I knew he'd never grow into his name. So, me being the proud parent of a Trinity football player, I suggested Rocky, but another in the litter was already named Rocky. So, I came up with Lucky! And, he's definitely perfectly named. He's lucky I'm his owner! :lol: He's a handful! But, actually, I'm lucky to have him. He has been the best thing to happen to me besides my kids (no offense to my human friends. ;)) I even told my daughter once, in an argument where she threatened to give Lucky away, that he stayed, but she was welcome to find another place to live. :lol:

We have a Golden Retriever named Roxie and a Pug named Brandy. When I first got married we had a Bassett Hound I named Vern after the Jim Varney commercials. One of the dumbest dogs I have ever owned, would lay on his back in the middle of the night when we were asleep and bark at the ceiling fan and eat his own poop. My 2 girls got a Cocker Spaniel when they were little and named it Hobie after my father-in-law, he doesn't like dogs and didn't see the humor in it, but my mother-in-law did.

I didn't realize one named footstools! :lol:
You're going to get me in trouble. :cool:

We didn't have pets when I was litte, but I did have a pet rock...named....Rocky! :lol:
Such creative genius at an early age! :D

A rainbow lizard named Lizzie, who I cared for very much. :cry:
Is that the reptile that I knew? If so, that was a very sweet story. ;)

You're going to get me in trouble. :cool:

Got that one from the horse's mouth. You're safe. :lol:

Such creative genius at an early age! :D

Such a genius, I was... :rolleyes:

Is that the reptile that I knew? If so, that was a very sweet story. ;)

The same. :cry:

Got that one from the horse's mouth. You're safe. :lol
Well "the horse" is convinced that you got it from me--which you probably did. :sssh:

The same. :cry:
The way you cared for, treated, medicated and ultimately, euthanized that little guy was very touching. You have to have a pretty big heart to cry over a lizard. :thumb:

Dog - Ringo, named after a certain Beatle.

Dog - Butterball, was a yellow fuzz ball when we got her.

Dog - Puppy, never meant to keep her. Answered to the name, so we didn't change it.

Dog - Misty, had grey misty colored eyes.

Cat - Space Cadet, quite possibly the dumbest animal that ever lived.

Cat - Elwood, named after a certain SNL comedian.

Horse - Firecracker, had horrible issue with passing gas.