Pet names (animals)

MountainThunder

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few Airedale Terriers over the year named Ernie (rescue dog, way too out of control), Cookie (bit a little girl, had to give her away), Ruby (mysteriously paralyzed and euthanized) and my current dog, Knight (lovable, but a total whimp). So stay away from those.

However, my little brother had a fish named Lionel Chalmers. :lol:

I have the hardest time giving a pet a name, so I usually wait a month before he essentially names himself. I had a rotweiller named Rocky. When walking him as a puppy, he would always pick up rocks and try to chew on them. Then I had a chocolate lab named Tyson. He loved to nibble on ears as a pup. Our current dog is Rudi. We let our 1 year old daughter name him. She wanted Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, so we settled with Rudi.

PH named Daisy because of her coloring...Then, when Daisy was alive, she would always kidnapp (Dog Nap) a puppy from down the street. She loved that puppy. The puppy loved her as well and would always come into our yard....the puppy's name was Molly....so, Molly was named by Daisy.

Growing up I had a lot of animals. In school I was known as Ellie May LOL..I had a ferret named Terry (he reminded me of a teddy bear, I would call him Terry Bear) 3 different kinds of birds (2 parakeets and one cockatil) named Pete, Mork and Mindy, a horse named Betsy, a cat named Toby, 4 rabbits named Papa Joe, Bugsy, Sam, Mary, 2 pond gold fish named Donnie and Marie, a steer named Boss, lizard named Spot, snake named Rattle, a pig named Bacon, lamb named Spark, two frogs named Tubby and Skinny and my dogs were Pepper, Ginger, Tinker, Scoop, and Bruce. Dad hated our Vet bills! LOL

All of these were very dear pets that were loved and taken care of...all were spoiled rotten!! That is one advantage of growing up on a mini farm. I would fall in love with some of the animals and dad would just let me keep those as my pets! I really miss living out like that because I love animals soooo much. Now that PH and I have been married, we have fish and had two dogs...Daisy (RIP) and now Molly.

I have the hardest time giving a pet a name, so I usually wait a month before he essentially names himself. I had a rotweiller named Rocky. When walking him as a puppy, he would always pick up rocks and try to chew on them. Then I had a chocolate lab named Tyson. He loved to nibble on ears as a pup. Our current dog is Rudi. We let our 1 year old daughter name him. She wanted Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, so we settled with Rudi.

That's an awesome name!:lol:

I had Prince, a German Shepherd when I was growing up. He was an awesome dog. He was hit by a car when he was 12 and I was 8. As an only child, I mourned him like a brother. Then I had a black Lab named Midnight, who was killed by a car when he was 3. After Midnight, we got another black Lab named Max. He lived until he was almost 12.

My husband and I had been married 3 weeks when I found a tiny puppy next to the river by my in-law's old house. I took him home and we kept him. He was very sick and we nursed him back to health. The vet guessed he was only about 6 weeks old when I found him. He was so little but had these huge paws, so we named him Samson. He grew into those paws!:scared: He ended up being a 90-lb gentle giant that looked like a cross between a Lab and a Pit Bull. He wasn't very pretty, but he was a good dog. He was killed at the age of 9 by my neighbor across the street, driving while he was on the phone.:madman: He never even apologized, even though he killed our dog in front of two of my kids. Since 2004, we have had Wrigley and he's a wonderful dog, as well.

When I was a kid we had:

German Shepherd/Collie mix named 'Bo' (best dog EVER)

Doberman Pincher named 'Sybil' (after the split personality character from the book/movie

Poodle named 'Fifi'

Mixed dog named 'Joe'

Norwegian Elkhound named 'Baby' (because that's what she was)

Black Cat named 'Pepper'

Parakeet named 'Tonka'

As an adult have had:

Persian cat named 'Carly'

Cocker Spaniel named 'Chivas'

German Shepherd/Border Collie/Chow mixed named 'Provokavitch' (Provy for short, don't know where my son came up with that name)

Smooth haired Dauschund named 'Jade' (died at age 10 last year) named after a character from Mortal Kombat

Long hair Dauschund named 'Princess Belle' (11 mos old) after Belle in Beauty and the Beast

Growing up we had....

A mix breed named Jenny

Jenny's pup I named Spike

A small mixed breed that showed up one day we named Bud

A cat named Firestone (my dad was a secruity guard at the Firestone plant in Henderson and the cat showed up one night so he brought it home)

A cocker spaniel named Sam

And now my current dog...a golden retriever named Maximus (we call him Max)