Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seniors

Featured Replies

Should you keep a senior who is not going to play just because he is a senior or do you cut him. Most parents with a senior expect them to play and might try and cause problems.

Should you keep a senior who is not going to play just because he is a senior or do you cut him. Most parents with a senior expect them to play and might try and cause problems.

 

If they are not good enough and there are a lot of players that want to play that are younger and more talented you have to cut them. If the other younger players do not look much better and the still need time to develop on a JV team then sure why not keep him. If you are forced to keep him and cut someone you don't want to then you have to cut him.

What school in Kentucky has such a large team that you would have to cut a football player?

 

If this were basketball, I could understand.

Should you keep a senior who is not going to play just because he is a senior or do you cut him. Most parents with a senior expect them to play and might try and cause problems.
If a Senior chooses to try-out, conditions and practices to make the team, then do you keep them.

 

If the young man realizes his playing time is nil or limited and justs wants to be part of the team, I admire that in any student-athlete. I'll assume, he didn't play early or most likely, would have some roll.

 

You can dress many, who don't play or see much action.

I would never cut anyone in high school football. Depth is key. If a kid chooses to not play much or at all and continues to practice hard he earns the right to be on the team, and possibly get it the game where were up, or go in if the person in front of him is injured.

What school in Kentucky has such a large team that you would have to cut a football player?

 

If this were basketball, I could understand.

 

I'm wondering the same thing, It happen to me in basketball here in Harlan Co...

You don't cut in football.

 

Only situation which I could see you cutting a senior is if he is a distraction by complaining and or causing a disruption to the team, but in that case it would be a dismissal and not a cut.

We all want to win and winning the games is the goal. But, there are so many things to be learned from the sport of football, I say let everyone who want to be on the team be on the team. Unless they are a problem. Kids learn a lot from this sport and can learn those things weather they play every down, or if they never play a down. Sports are part of the educational process and young men and women learn from being part of the team, by being held accountable, by putting all their effort into something, by be made self motivators, by be made self starters.

 

I can see more benefit of a player being on the team, then them being sent packing.

You don't cut in football.

 

Only situation which I could see you cutting a senior is if he is a distraction by complaining and or causing a disruption to the team, but in that case it would be a dismissal and not a cut.

 

Thats is so true.:thumb:

We all want to win and winning the games is the goal. But, there are so many things to be learned from the sport of football, I say let everyone who want to be on the team be on the team. Unless they are a problem. Kids learn a lot from this sport and can learn those things weather they play every down, or if they never play a down. Sports are part of the educational process and young men and women learn from being part of the team, by being held accountable, by putting all their effort into something, by be made self motivators, by be made self starters.

 

I can see more benefit of a player being on the team, then them being sent packing.

 

This is 100% correct, I had a football coach that was/still in the military, And it was Yes Sir, No Sir with him, I learned a lot of lessons about life through football, It has helped me with working with others. My job ( coal mines ) happens to be a job where everyone has to work together, Hard work pays off, You don't cut a kid because he's not the most athletic player on the team, They're more to sports then winning. Just to be a part of a team means a lot to some, YOU NEVER CUT A KID. Plain and Simple

I concur with NO cuts in football. I honestly didn't know anyone did that in KY, but I'm not familiar with how things are out in the state. I remember kids that weighed 110 lbs on the football team when I was in HS. For some, being part of the team really is enough, they don't have to play very much to be happy. They know where they stand for the most part.

I concur with NO cuts in football. I honestly didn't know anyone did that in KY, but I'm not familiar with how things are out in the state. I remember kids that weighed 110 lbs on the football team when I was in HS. For some, being part of the team really is enough, they don't have to play very much to be happy. They know where they stand for the most part.

 

I played with some Kids, Just the fact they were on the team, And could say that they were a part of it, Made them happy.

 

This gets to me. :madman:

Does trinity and St. X have cuts? I would say if there are any teams in the state that would it would be the powerhouse schools.

Does trinity and St. X have cuts? I would say if there are any teams in the state that would it would be the powerhouse schools.

 

They haven't cut for a number of years....yet due to limited jersey numbers etc there are some juniors and seniors who don't get to dress every game.

They haven't cut for a number of years....yet due to limited jersey numbers etc there are some juniors and seniors who don't get to dress every game.

 

Ok, thanks for the clarification. That does make sense. I just knew there would be huge turnouts for the Trinitys and X's of the world.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.