Boyle County/Danville Predictions

charlesw88

Who wins?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Danville

Danville by two touchdowns. Harp has been in this game along time.

You do know that Larry French has been a head coach since at least 1979? I remember Sam at Anderson County in '87 but I don't think Sam's been at the head of the helm as long as Larry.

No one has greater respect for Sam Harp than I. I feel he took the great work that Duffy did in building Danville into a state contender and turned it into a dynasty.

That said, French has been successful everywhere he went (alebit there are no state titles on the resume), and he has had to build programs from practically the bottom up everywhere he went. (Mercer, Meade, Lincoln)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well....If you are just comparing state title games then I guess French is at a disadvantage....But this is not a title game..

I think Coach French will make it to Louisville sooner than later.

I'm really confused now. :lol:

Well....If you are just comparing state title games then I guess French is at a disadvantage....But this is not a title game..

I think Coach French will make it to Louisville sooner than later.

His Meade County team was the AAA Runnerup in 1991. So, he has made it to Louisville.

Welcome Popcorn, it's always good to have another Rebel fan on board. I look forward to talking with you again at the Rebels practice, probably on Wednesday afternoon.

See you at practice, looks like Rebel is on his A game!:banana:

While I know this is a prediction thread. One thing would be interesting to see. Of the posters on BGP who played for either Boyle or Danville, what was your record in this series against your cross-town rival?

I will even begin by saying the teams I played on in 4 years were 2-2 against the Admirals.

1977, 1979 were wins for Boyle and 1978, 1980 were Admiral victories. :thumb:

Hatz,

I played for Danville 1978,79,80,81. Which would make my career 3-1. Of course the 1980 win with Pernell Doneghy at quaterback started the long win streak for Danville in this series at around 18+ straight. Besides the State Championsip games this has always been the bigest game of the year. This year I think both teams are good, I think the game will be close but I'll go with my Admirals 21-17.:thumb: