Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co 20 Paris 6

Featured Replies

Long game due to the lightning delay, but Thompson had a good showing tonight. Grats to Mason.

Mason County started out slow, it took Paris scoring first after the lightning delay to wake the Royals up. Nice game for Thompson on the ground with 170+ yards. Two bad possessions in the scoring zone kept this one reasonably close; Mason County's numbers wore the Hounds down a little bit (I think Paris dressed something like 26). Congratulations to the Royals, and good luck to Paris the rest of the way.

Congrats Royals,Big task at hand next week.

Anywhere to get stats for the game?

 

Probably not until the Saturday paper. I do know that Pawsat was 5-15 for just over 100 yards with a pick, all 5 completions going to different receivers. Thompson had somewhere in the 175-yard range on I think 19 carries. Mason had I think 19 first downs; most coming in the second half; Paris had 10. Mason 3-11 on third down and 3-3 on 4th down. Paris 2-14 on third down and 2-4 on 4th down. Two turnovers for each side.

I know someone mentioned on the update thread that the Royals are really young this year. So hopefully this win can give them some confidence moving forward.

 

1-0 :thumb:

The Royals would finally get some breathing room early in the fourth quarter when Thompson, who carried the ball 18 times for 175 yards and two touchdowns, broke a 53-yard touchdown run on the first play following a Paris punt.

 

Thomas went on to lead the Paris ground attack with 41 yards on 11 carries, while Maggard was 8-of-24 for 78 yards. Royals quarterback Neal Pawsat was 5-of-14 for 109 yards while Terrence Breckenridge was the top receiver with 39 yards.

 

http://maysville-online.com/articles/2008/08/30/sports/932mcparis.txt

Congrats to Mason on the W. :thumb:

 

How did Paris look?

Way closer than I thought considering Mason probably dresses 3 times as many players as Paris, Can Paris win a few games this season?

Way closer than I thought considering Mason probably dresses 3 times as many players as Paris, Can Paris win a few games this season?

 

I think they will, but they played the Royals really tough last year then struggled. :confused:

Congratulations to the Hounds on a great effort. Tiion Thomas is a very good player. In 8 quarters over the past two years, he has gotten loose on us twice- I can live with that.

 

Coach Everage is doing a great job with the kids. The football is good, he cares about kids, he is a good person. He had a very good gameplan for us that showed he understood us, our defense, our offense, how we play, etc. The best coaches we play take the things we do well and try to use them against us- he tried to do that.

 

It is my understanding the Hounds have a very good 8th grade class. I hope all those guys hang in there together- it is special to be a Paris Greyhound.

 

We (the Royals) played alot of young/inexperienced kids last night, completely new offensive line, and they played very hard. I am very proud of them. Those guys, and those before them, have made it special to be a Mason County Royal as well.

Closer then I would have thought.

Most of the Mason County folks had this one about right in the predictions thread. The Royals lost a lot of linemen to graduation. I was impressed with the effort Paris showed; they were just worn out by the end of the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.