August 15, 200818 yr To sign Yonder Alanso. If they don't sign him, they will get a first round compensation pick in next years draft at the #8 slot. That would give them two picks out of the first ten.
August 15, 200818 yr To sign Yonder Alanso. If they don't sign him, they will get a first round compensation pick in next years draft at the #8 slot. That would give them two picks out of the first ten. I haven't been following this deal BG, what gives?
August 15, 200818 yr I haven't been following this deal BG, what gives? Alonzo wants a major league contract, and around a $7 million dollar signing bonus. The Reds aren't willing to give him a ML contract, and put him on the 40 man roster.
August 15, 200818 yr Alonzo wants a major league contract, and around a $7 million dollar signing bonus. The Reds aren't willing to give him a ML contract, and put him on the 40 man roster.And they knew this before they drafted him. Why they did not draft either the pitcher from Missouri or the shortstop from Georgia I will never know. How are they going to sign two picks next year? Sometimes I think the Bengals front office slips over to the Reds to help them out and vise vera. (Jerome Simpson instead Limas Sweed) and let him go the their arch rivals.
August 15, 200818 yr Actually I read they were not as stuck on the ML contract than they were with the 7 Mil. He would be slotted for about 3.
August 15, 200818 yr Tell him to take his slow butt to Japan. He's already been offered to play in the New York Independent League and stay at A Rod's place. That is what he is threatening to do if his demands aren't met.
August 15, 200818 yr I have a feeling they will be drafting twice in the top 10 in '09. If they can't afford one pick, how are they going to pay two?
August 15, 200818 yr I have a feeling they will be drafting twice in the top 10 in '09. If they can't afford one pick, how are they going to pay two?They can easily afford it, he's asking for 2.5 times the amount he's slotted to get. In other words he wants to be paid even more than the overall #1 would get.
August 15, 200818 yr They can easily afford it, he's asking for 2.5 times the amount he's slotted to get. In other words he wants to be paid even more than the overall #1 would get. That's why I say hit the road. We can get 2 #1's next season for what this clown is asking for.
August 15, 200818 yr That's why I say hit the road. We can get 2 #1's next season for what this clown is asking for. :thumb:
August 15, 200818 yr He sounds like he thinks he is better than he probably is.The reds don't need another player like that,they just got rid a couple.
August 15, 200818 yr Let him go and spend the money that he wants on pitching, pitching, pitching like the Cutman always says. Then draft 2 more pitchers in the first round next year
August 15, 200818 yr I don't know who to blame, the management for making an ill informed pick, or Alonso being out of his mind.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.