August 7, 200818 yr Author These things get so big and swollen on me that it hits my lymphnodes and then I have a knot under my chin as well. Its awful.
August 7, 200818 yr These things get so big and swollen on me that it hits my lymphnodes and then I have a knot under my chin as well. Its awful. Hold it on as long as you can and as often as you can. You will see a big difference. I also know what you mean about your lymphnodes. I don't mean to highjack your thread but I've been wanting to ask a question so please let me ask it here. For a number of years I had a number of lymphnodes removed from my neck and I've had numerous biopies done of them also. The reports always came back....we don't know...we aren't sure....whatever:lol: anyway, I noticed a few weeks after my heart surgery that they weren't there anymore.:confused: Would anyone know why after all these years they would be gone after my surgery. Could my lumps in my neck have had something to do with my heart?:confused:
August 7, 200818 yr Author Hold it on as long as you can and as often as you can. You will see a big difference. I also know what you mean about your lymphnodes. I don't mean to highjack your thread but I've been wanting to ask a question so please let me ask it here. For a number of years I had a number of lymphnodes removed from my neck and I've had numerous biopies done of them also. The reports always came back....we don't know...we aren't sure....whatever:lol: anyway, I noticed a few weeks after my heart surgery that they weren't there anymore.:confused: Would anyone know why after all these years they would be gone after my surgery. Could my lumps in my neck have had something to do with my heart?:confused: I know nothing about any of that, but I wonder if it has anything to do with your blood circulation now. I am not sure what your heart condition was but its a thought.
August 7, 200818 yr Lysene (sp) tablets are the most effective non-prescription remedy for me, but really ramp up cholestorol and blood pressure.
August 7, 200818 yr One word, Abreva, it used to be prescription, now you can get it over the counter. It is expensive but worth every penny. My wife and Mom swear by it.
August 7, 200818 yr Wow Mrs FF, it seems like this stuff only pops up when a person is ready to go. I really can not remember the name of the medicine, however, I think it used to be a script. It is a cream that you rub on....it worked well for me. I really wish I could tell you the name of it. A pharm. could tell you I'm sure. My grandma used to make a paste with baking soda and put it on us. I was too young to remember if it worked or not. Zoverax Prescription only. Nothing is going to get rid of them right away! If they are there, they are there. Best bet is to use zoverax($$$$) as soon as you feel you might be getting them, also some sort of antacid for your stomach. Another thing you could put lots of perixode on it until it drys. The truth is if its got you, its got you. I have a lot of experience in this area. I also have a prescription for Zoverax. Now I'm due (overdue) for one and the above is what I will be doing.:ylsuper:
August 7, 200818 yr Abreva as soon as you feel the first tingle. My doctor gave me a prescription for Valtrex.
August 7, 200818 yr One word, Abreva, it used to be prescription, now you can get it over the counter. It is expensive but worth every penny. My wife and Mom swear by it. Yes it is Expensive but does work fairly well. I'm 27 and I have never once had one of these things... You lucky dog.... I have had my fair share and they are the pits to deal with. Abreva as soon as you feel the first tingle. My doctor gave me a prescription for Valtrex. I think this is the key on how well this will work for you. Hope you can get some relief from the blisters. I get them when I am over stressed, exposed too much to the sun and eat too many acid foods...tomatoes. ect.
August 7, 200818 yr Yes it is Expensive but does work fairly well. You lucky dog.... I have had my fair share and they are the pits to deal with. I think this is the key on how well this will work for you. Hope you can get some relief from the blisters. I get them when I am over stressed, exposed too much to the sun and eat too many acid foods...tomatoes. ect. Stress, lack of sleep and too much sun can cause it! I use a prescription and keep it on hand.
August 7, 200818 yr Author Alcohol - Not the kind you drink - unless of course my suggestion doesn't work for you:D Seriously, Get some rubbing alcohol and put it on a cotton ball and hold it there until it burns......when it starts to burn hold it there a while longer. I know this sounds horrible but it will sure dry that darn thing up. Since I am prone to these nasty things I do this all the time. I carry the little alcohol swabs in my purse just in case I feel one coming on. Try this I think you will be surprised. I just bought alcohol pads and abreva, I will beat this thing. I will let you know how I handle the alcohol.
August 8, 200818 yr Abreva as soon as you feel the first tingle. My doctor gave me a prescription for Valtrex. That was the medication that I was trying to think about!!
August 8, 200818 yr Abreva as soon as you feel the first tingle. My doctor gave me a prescription for Valtrex. Wait...isn't this the...nevermind..
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.