Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HELP!

Featured Replies

Ok, this may sound gross, but I need suggestions. I get fever blisters all the time I have 2 forming right now at the same time. I am going out tomorrow grr and when I wake up in the morning my lip will be HUGE! Any one have any home remedies or ideas to shrink this think or demolish it. Thanks.:irked:

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would change my toothbrush and also Blistex, makes some cream which can be applied. I've heard some say, that too much acid (tomatoes, spicy foods, etc...) can cause some problems.

 

You may want to visit a physician and have them looked at. They are certainly aggravating and hope things go well.

Wow Mrs FF, it seems like this stuff only pops up when a person is ready to go. I really can not remember the name of the medicine, however, I think it used to be a script. It is a cream that you rub on....it worked well for me. I really wish I could tell you the name of it. A pharm. could tell you I'm sure.

 

My grandma used to make a paste with baking soda and put it on us. I was too young to remember if it worked or not.

Carmex.

My mom used to use Campho Phenique (sp).

  • Author
My mom used to use Campho Phenique (sp).

 

I have that on right now :thumb:!!!!!

That stuff always seemed to make mine worse.....I might have not been able to tolerate something in it though because PH used it a couple of weeks ago and it worked like a charm.

  • Author
That stuff always seemed to make mine worse.....I might have not been able to tolerate something in it though because PH used it a couple of weeks ago and it worked like a charm.

Well its burning like crazy lol

Well its burning like crazy lol

 

 

That is what it did to me, then I blistered worse! Be careful.

Try the dietary supplement Lysine 500 mg. Take 2 at the 1st sign and then 1 per day. This was suggested by our family doctor. It seems to really work well.

I can't help you, but I will have a Beatles song stuck in my head all day.

Carmex, Blistex, Campo-Phenique, etc. Nothing will make those nasty buggers go away right away. I had one pop up Monday; I'm hopeful it will be gone tomorrow.

  • Author
Carmex, Blistex, Campo-Phenique, etc. Nothing will make those nasty buggers go away right away. I had one pop up Monday; I'm hopeful it will be gone tomorrow.

 

They haunt me I swear. I never get them until I have something big coming up, when I need pictures taken, or something like that. And of course we are going out for my bday tomorrow night, we will be taking pictures and I have this nasty growth appearing GRRRRR

Alcohol - Not the kind you drink - unless of course my suggestion doesn't work for you:D

 

Seriously, Get some rubbing alcohol and put it on a cotton ball and hold it there until it burns......when it starts to burn hold it there a while longer. I know this sounds horrible but it will sure dry that darn thing up. Since I am prone to these nasty things I do this all the time. I carry the little alcohol swabs in my purse just in case I feel one coming on. Try this I think you will be surprised.

  • Author
Alcohol - Not the kind you drink - unless of course my suggestion doesn't work for you:D

 

Seriously, Get some rubbing alcohol and put it on a cotton ball and hold it there until it burns......when it starts to burn hold it there a while longer. I know this sounds horrible but it will sure dry that darn thing up. Since I am prone to these nasty things I do this all the time. I carry the little alcohol swabs in my purse just in case I feel one coming on. Try this I think you will be surprised.

 

AWESOME. I never thought of that. I am not one for pain so we will see how long I can hold that sucker on there :eek:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.