Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shockey traded to the Saints

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HB20 and I had a discussion about this a ways back. If the Giants can get enough, this makes perfect sense to me. Two draft picks, including a second, sound like enough to me. Great move for the Giants to clear room for Boss to develop and get draft help for next season.

I think that I am pretty happy about this being that I have Drew Brees in the fantasy league. This could give my QB quite a few more points...definitely another option.

I think that I am pretty happy about this being that I have Drew Brees in the fantasy league. This could give my QB quite a few more points...definitely another option.

 

Except Eli played his best ball of the season after Schokey went down

Will the Saints, utilize Shockey enough in their offensive scheme, to make them more competitive?

Except Eli played his best ball of the season after Schokey went down

 

Yeah, but a solid TE will open up more for a QB like Brees. He has three solid weapons that he can throw too.

I liked what I saw from Boss during the Giants' playoff run, and I also like the potential of Shockey in the NO offensive scheme.

This makes the Saints almost deadly on Offense. Colston, Henderson and crew are all very capable wide-outs, but what makes them really efficient is their use of Reggie Bush in the passing game and getting him the ball in the open field. You add Shockey to the mix, then look how many dimensions the Saints have in the passing game alone, not too mention a pretty nice running attack.

I'm upset that things between the Giants and Shockey could not be worked out. I am a huge Jeremy Shockey fan. I knew after all the rumors out there that it was quite a possibility but I didn't want it to happen. I wish Shockey the best in New Orleans. If he can stay healthy he'll do very good.

 

Fox Sports said that the Giants were trying to reach a 3 team deal that would have landed them Jason Taylor. The Giants would have received Taylor, the Saints would have gotten Shockey and the Dolphins would have gotten 2 draft picks.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=143608&highlight=shockey

 

Move him for draft picks.

 

Not happening. He's better than Boss in the receiving department and the blocking department. He's also an emotional leader of the team.

 

 

How would you like your crow, HB? You're the first person I thought of when I saw that trade announced on the ESPN ticker ... :lol:

 

 

Oh yeah: Told you so. :D

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=143608&highlight=shockey

 

 

How would you like your crow, HB? You're the first person I thought of when I saw that trade announced on the ESPN ticker ... :lol:

 

Oh yeah: Told you so. :D

 

It's been nearly 6 months. Things change. At the time the Giants were not actively shopping Shockey. Shockey threw a fit and even got into a big argument with Reese at Giants stadium, and then refused to go to practice and even workout with the other injured guys. He wanted out, and the Giants eventually gave in. The Giants turned down a 2nd and 5th on draft day...but things changed.

It's been nearly 6 months. Things change. At the time the Giants were not actively shopping Shockey. Shockey threw a fit and even got into a big argument with Reese at Giants stadium, and then refused to go to practice and even workout with the other injured guys. He wanted out, and the Giants eventually gave in. The Giants turned down a 2nd and 5th on draft day...but things changed.

 

I bet they were shopping him, just keeping it on the downlow.

  • Author
I bet they were shopping him, just keeping it on the downlow.

 

No way, never, Shockey was the heart and soul of the Giants:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.