Shockey traded to the Saints

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HB20 and I had a discussion about this a ways back. If the Giants can get enough, this makes perfect sense to me. Two draft picks, including a second, sound like enough to me. Great move for the Giants to clear room for Boss to develop and get draft help for next season.

This makes the Saints almost deadly on Offense. Colston, Henderson and crew are all very capable wide-outs, but what makes them really efficient is their use of Reggie Bush in the passing game and getting him the ball in the open field. You add Shockey to the mix, then look how many dimensions the Saints have in the passing game alone, not too mention a pretty nice running attack.

I'm upset that things between the Giants and Shockey could not be worked out. I am a huge Jeremy Shockey fan. I knew after all the rumors out there that it was quite a possibility but I didn't want it to happen. I wish Shockey the best in New Orleans. If he can stay healthy he'll do very good.

Fox Sports said that the Giants were trying to reach a 3 team deal that would have landed them Jason Taylor. The Giants would have received Taylor, the Saints would have gotten Shockey and the Dolphins would have gotten 2 draft picks.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=143608&highlight=shockey

Move him for draft picks.

Not happening. He's better than Boss in the receiving department and the blocking department. He's also an emotional leader of the team.

How would you like your crow, HB? You're the first person I thought of when I saw that trade announced on the ESPN ticker ... :lol:

Oh yeah: Told you so. :D

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=143608&highlight=shockey

How would you like your crow, HB? You're the first person I thought of when I saw that trade announced on the ESPN ticker ... :lol:

Oh yeah: Told you so. :D

It's been nearly 6 months. Things change. At the time the Giants were not actively shopping Shockey. Shockey threw a fit and even got into a big argument with Reese at Giants stadium, and then refused to go to practice and even workout with the other injured guys. He wanted out, and the Giants eventually gave in. The Giants turned down a 2nd and 5th on draft day...but things changed.

It's been nearly 6 months. Things change. At the time the Giants were not actively shopping Shockey. Shockey threw a fit and even got into a big argument with Reese at Giants stadium, and then refused to go to practice and even workout with the other injured guys. He wanted out, and the Giants eventually gave in. The Giants turned down a 2nd and 5th on draft day...but things changed.

I bet they were shopping him, just keeping it on the downlow.