Shockey traded to the Saints

No way, never, Shockey was the heart and soul of the Giants:lol:
:lol:

and

Emotional leader who did not sit on the sidelines with them throughout the Super Bowl.

I knew this trade was coming, the above mentioned was a big foreshadow things weren't going so good with Shockey in NY.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet they were shopping him, just keeping it on the downlow.

That is possible but I don't think it is true. I think they were always willing to listen, but I don't think they were the ones putting the trade offers out on the table.

:lol:

and

Emotional leader who did not sit on the sidelines with them throughout the Super Bowl.

He's emotional, no doubt. It would be very remiss to call him a leader of any kind, however. Maybe now that he's no longer in Giant Blue our boy HB will admit what we've known all along -- that he's just typical Miami. :D

He's emotional, no doubt. It would be very remiss to call him a leader of any kind, however. Maybe now that he's no longer in Giant Blue our boy HB will admit what we've known all along -- that he's just typical Miami. :D

The statement of Shockey being an "emotional leader" for the Giants were not exactly my words. I believe it was Strahan who said it in his book. Shockey had his negative side while with the G-Men, but that doesn't mean he didn't do a lot of good. He's a great player and if healthy, a great addition to the Saints.

Who knows, maybe people on BGP know more than Michael Strahan did about Shockey. I'm sure I'll get the "he's just saying that because they were teammates line".

It's part of the business, part of the risk you take when you go out there, that you can get injured,'' defensive end Michael Strahan said. "Losing Shockey is definitely going to hurt because he's not only an emotional leader and all those things, but he also makes plays for you. He's one of our guys that other teams make sure they account for, and that helps other guys out. I know as much of a competitor he is, it's really going to kill him to watch.''

LINK

Who knows, maybe people on BGP know more than Michael Strahan did about Shockey. I'm sure I'll get the "he's just saying that because they were teammates line".

LINK

You're the one who passed it off as your own words in the other thread ...

You're the one who passed it off as your own words in the other thread ...

Does it matter? Where do you think I got it from? I don't hang out in the locker room. I got it from reading either that article or from Strahan's book. Either way, his teammate said it too so it's not like I was way off base, is it?