Michael Moore

What do you think of him ?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of him ?

• Like...
    • Dis-like ....
    • No true opinion ...
    • Who ?

Michael Moore has had the opportunity to make a difference with his movies. Instead, he's chosen to fill them with ridiculous material that screams its unobjectivity. If you want to change people's minds, you have to first get their attention, not offend them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your making a huge decision on what you see of someone on T.V? Maybe its a persona he puts on....

I dont think the man in your avatar would be so judging..

Your first impression of someone I have always been told is the best. That has been true 90-95 percent of the time in my life. I do not judge the man but I do not like how he 'supposively' takes a non-biased side to his documentaries. He is a hypocrite. When I speak of anyone I speak on how they present themselves by their actions and their words. Michaels words and actions speak volumes. You don't have to judge him he does that for you.

As for the 'MAN' in my avatar.... He was perfect in all things ....... I am not. One of my many faults is speaking my mind. When you meet me you see that I don't beat around the bush about things. You ask me a question be prepared for an answer.. an honest answer.

Again, aren't you people supposed to be representatives for Jesus. From what I have seen there are only a handful of people on that board who actually do that.
I love the Lord my God very much. There are times when I know I dissapoint my Lord. I honestly do this quite a bit. I am human and have a human mind and feelings about things. If you will notice in my original thread I did say I may be mis-judging (mis-understanding) this man and asked people to give me their insight. I'm not above apologizing if I'm wrong but I have seen how he behaves himself in the public eye. I am making an obvious evaluation about what he portrays of himself openly for people to see. If he doesn't want to be seen in that light than why does he put on that kind of aire about himself publicly ?

gooch ... You tell me how a christian / representative of Jesus is supposed to act since you apparently have a greater insight than the rest of us. Are we supposed to be a people that just lay down and let people come in and run all over us ? That is usually peoples idea of how we are supposed to be 100 percent of the time. Not allowed to defend ourselves or family because ....

Are we not supposed to have an opinion on anything ? Are we supposed to be silent in the world even if we see injustices being done ? I can't have an opinion on a person that is making his life and views public ? Am I not allowed to make my views and oberservations public just because I claim to love the Lord ? Does my relationship with God automatically disqualify me from expressing my displeasures about things I see and hear ? I Mean as long as I am being civil .

Edited by KYNINERSFAN
trying to define a word.

Most people think he is shady.. i'd also be willing to bet nobody wants to compare bank accounts with him.

So you judge people based on the size of their bank accounts? Having money doesn't make you any better or worse then anyone else. Besides, the way fast food prices are increasing he better have a big bank account.

So you judge people based on the size of their bank accounts? Having money doesn't make you any better or worse then anyone else. Besides, the way fast food prices are increasing he better have a big bank account.

A lot of people don't know that Mother Theresa was on the list of top 100 wealthiest people in the world. :rolleyes:

I agree but only because Michael Moore is much too big to make a decent pimple. A puss-filled boil maybe...

Very good point.:D

What do you mean by "you people?" Have you got something against Irish-Americans?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:Now that's funny right there.

Moore's nothing but a slob that puts out garbage films he calls "documentaries" that are full of lies, innuendo and half truths.
RTS I must say that you are being waaaaay too nice about the man.

I lump Moore in the same category as I do people like Rush Limbaugh. Idiots...
I wouldn't put Rush in the disgusting slob category but I agree that he can be pompass as well. I don't listen to him either. Moore is just disgustng in every sense of the word.

I wouldn't want to compare bank accounts with drug dealers either.
:lol::thumb:

As for the 'MAN' in my avatar.... He was perfect in all things ....... I am not. One of my many faults is speaking my mind. When you meet me you see that I don't beat around the bush about things. You ask me a question be prepared for an answer.. an honest answer.

:thumb::thumb: I certainly agree Niners, great post and analogy. I am the same. As a very smart man once told me....."Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven";) and "if someone wants to call Christians/church goers hypocrits then come on down, we can always use one more".

Michael Moore's early stuff like "Roger and Me" and "TV Nation" are very good. Then somewhere along the way he become Uberliberal. That said- I think everyone should watch certain scenes from "Bowling for Columbine." While I don't agree with all the conclusions Moore attempts to draw one of the topics he takes on are mega-retailers selling ammunition to minors. The Columbine killers bought their bullets at K-Mart and Moore follows a young man who has paralyzed in the Columbine shooting as he goes to K-Mart's corporate headquarters and tries to return the bullets (which are still lodged in his spine) to K-Mart's CEO. It's incredibly moving.

But anyone who has ever seen "Roger and Me", which came out in 1989, knows Moore does fight for some just causes- or at least he used to.

But as someone said-

Amen.

Are we not supposed to have an opinion on anything ? Are we supposed to be silent in the world even if we see injustices being done ? I can't have an opinion on a person that is making his life and views public ? Am I not allowed to make my views and oberservations public just because I claim to love the Lord ? Does my relationship with God automatically disqualify me from expressing my displeasures about things I see and hear ? I Mean as long as I am being civil .

I agree hear. I don't think calling someone a "butt pimple" or whatever is line with what God wants. Jesus certainly never went around calling people names. BUT he certainly held people accountable. He held the religious leaders of the day to the fire- but you can read the New testament frontwards and backwards and he never talked down to a person that was lost. But he did hold them accountable. The woman at the well immediately springs to mind.

But no one here is trying to "win" Michael Moore to God. I highly doubt he ever cruises over a Kentucky Prep Sports sites to see what we think about him.

So while I've never seen KYNINERSFAN engage in destructive name calling, gooch has a somewhat valid point. We are all guilty of it at one time or another (I know I've done it). And whether or not we agree the opinions of someone and they may not matter to us, they still matter to God. He formed every human being on the planet from the beginning of time with His own hands. We would do well to remember that lost people are in fact lost. And we should NEVER be surprised when people who live apart from the Lord behave in a manner that we would never dream of. If they don't have a personal relationship with God we can't expect them to be held to that standard. I know before I gave my life to Christ I certainly had some opinions and habits that were certainly not in line with God- but because I didn't have that relationship with Him I didn't view them as destructive.

We all just have to remember that people matter to God and as Christians they should matter to us. I know Oldrambler very well for example, and I vehemently disagree with him on a lot of his politics, but to me that doesn't make him less of a person. It sure doesn't make him an idiot and I don't think less of him or anyone here because they have a different mindset than me. And I especially don't look down on someone who is lost and doesn't know any better.

We all need to remember that we are to be a light wherever we are- even here. And we can show people that we can above destructive actions and still have an excellent life. And the best thing we can do is love people we disagree with, pray for them, and be there when they are broken and looking for a way home.

If I remember right some guy said "Love your enemies." I can't remember who said that was but I'm pretty sure he is in KYNINERSFAN's avatar. ;)

Most folks on the uber-left and the uber-right are, while maybe not technically idiots (they do have us talking about them, after all), very difficult for most of the general population to like.

That being said, wasn't it something like oldrambler's description of Michael Moore that kept El Rushbo out of the service?

:thumb::thumb: and a big :lol: on the fast food statement.

I agree hear. I don't think calling someone a "butt pimple" or whatever is line with what God wants. Jesus certainly never went around calling people names. BUT he certainly held people accountable. He held the religious leaders of the day to the fire- but you can read the New testament frontwards and backwards and he never talked down to a person that was lost. But he did hold them accountable. The woman at the well immediately springs to mind.

But no one here is trying to "win" Michael Moore to God. I highly doubt he ever cruises over a Kentucky Prep Sports sites to see what we think about him.

So while I've never seen KYNINERSFAN engage in destructive name calling, gooch has a somewhat valid point. We are all guilty of it at one time or another (I know I've done it). And whether or not we agree the opinions of someone and they may not matter to us, they still matter to God. He formed every human being on the planet from the beginning of time with His own hands. We would do well to remember that lost people are in fact lost. And we should NEVER be surprised when people who live apart from the Lord behave in a manner that we would never dream of. If they don't have a personal relationship with God we can't expect them to be held to that standard. I know before I gave my life to Christ I certainly had some opinions and habits that were certainly not in line with God- but because I didn't have that relationship with Him I didn't view them as destructive.

We all just have to remember that people matter to God and as Christians they should matter to us. I know Oldrambler very well for example, and I vehemently disagree with him on a lot of his politics, but to me that doesn't make him less of a person. It sure doesn't make him an idiot and I don't think less of him or anyone here because they have a different mindset than me. And I especially don't look down on someone who is lost and doesn't know any better.

We all need to remember that we are to be a light wherever we are- even here. And we can show people that we can above destructive actions and still have an excellent life. And the best thing we can do is love people we disagree with, pray for them, and be there when they are broken and looking for a way home.

If I remember right some guy said "Love your enemies." I can't remember who said that was but I'm pretty sure he is in KYNINERSFAN's avatar. ;)

:thumb: Great post TRR and I know that we disagree on some of our political views as I do with others on here as well. We do 100% agree on things that really matter like our Christianity and God. I probably throw more "jabs" than I should on here but to me anyway I am just having fun with some people. I respect other's views (most anyway:D) and especially yours and am really not that far off and even agree with their opinion on some things.

I also feel that too many people take themselves way too seriously on here and especially on this forum. So to anyone on here, Trust me when I say that with some of the things that I have to deal with on a daily basis all of this political talk does not even begin to matter, not even close.

Now as for the thread subject..........I do dislike Moore and think that his opinions are pretty much useless. Does his opinion really matter to me or do I base my day on what he and others that I don't paticuarlly like or agree with may think or what they may say.............No. Moore and other clebs are out in the public view and make their statements on public stage. Therefore I feel they leave themselves open for critisizm from anyone and everyone if that is how they feel. These people (Hollywierd celebs, entertainment, etc..) certainly are not shy in saying what they think of others.

As I said, I basically get on here to have some fun and I believe what a very smart man (my dad) told me a long time ago about politicians (any of them)......"If they are not a crook when they go in office they sure will be by the time they get out". I basically think that most if not all of this back and forth is pretty funny. My honest opinion is that politicians (either side) are the same and it will never change. So, if I have offended anyone with any of my post then I apologize.

Politics are a personal matter and basically not worth going back and forth on it. I post on here when I do mostly in good fun. No one on here is going to change my opinion on some cantidates and issues (especially gun control:D)and I am sure the same is true in reverse.

So..........Vote for whoever you want to BGP'rs, that is your right.:thumb:

(I am the oldrambler and I approved this message :thumb:)

Edited by oldrambler