Michael Moore

What do you think of him ?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of him ?

• Like...
    • Dis-like ....
    • No true opinion ...
    • Who ?

That's where I fall. Both may make good points periodically, but it is often drowned in a sea of garbage.

You are right. They both often make good points but they surround the good points with so much partisan propoganda that Im afraid to accept almost anything they say. Ann Coulter is the worst....she makes me almost ashamed to admit that Im a republican(almost:D)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Moore's early stuff like "Roger and Me" and "TV Nation" are very good. Then somewhere along the way he become Uberliberal. That said- I think everyone should watch certain scenes from "Bowling for Columbine." While I don't agree with all the conclusions Moore attempts to draw one of the topics he takes on are mega-retailers selling ammunition to minors. The Columbine killers bought their bullets at K-Mart and Moore follows a young man who has paralyzed in the Columbine shooting as he goes to K-Mart's corporate headquarters and tries to return the bullets (which are still lodged in his spine) to K-Mart's CEO. It's incredibly moving.

But anyone who has ever seen "Roger and Me", which came out in 1989, knows Moore does fight for some just causes- or at least he used to.

But as someone said-

Amen.

None of Moore's so-called documentaries have been honest attempts at investigating serious issues and that includes his earliest work and almost certainly will include his future work. The man is quite literally a big fat liar (and a colossal hypocrite too boot).

Ann Coulter is the worst....she makes me almost ashamed to admit that Im a republican(almost:D)

Outlawcoach you are right about Coulter but lets face it, anyone that dislikes the Clintons that much can't be all that bad.....:sssh::D

By the way: Update: 35-8 against Moore, looking like another blowout!!! (LOL)

Very good point.:D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Now that's funny right there.

RTS I must say that you are being waaaaay too nice about the man.

I wouldn't put Rush in the disgusting slob category but I agree that he can be pompass as well. I don't listen to him either. Moore is just disgustng in every sense of the word.

:lol::thumb:

:thumb::thumb: I certainly agree Niners, great post and analogy. I am the same. As a very smart man once told me....."Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven";) and "if someone wants to call Christians/church goers hypocrits then come on down, we can always use one more".

Moore = disgusting slob while Rush = disgusting drug addict? :lol:

I voted that I don't honestly have an opinion of him, but from the reactions I see that he gets I'd define him as being George W. Bush's social opposite on the same spectrum. What Democrats say about G-dub and his Presidency, Republicans say about Michael Moore and his films. Not that I lean one way or the other, but that's the view from the middle.

:thumb::thumb:

Outlawcoach you are right about Coulter but lets face it, anyone that dislikes the Clintons that much can't be all that bad.....:sssh::D

By the way: Update: 35-8 against Moore, looking like another blowout!!! (LOL)

I agree hear. I don't think calling someone a "butt pimple" or whatever is line with what God wants. Jesus certainly never went around calling people names. BUT he certainly held people accountable. He held the religious leaders of the day to the fire- but you can read the New testament frontwards and backwards and he never talked down to a person that was lost. But he did hold them accountable. The woman at the well immediately springs to mind.

But no one here is trying to "win" Michael Moore to God. I highly doubt he ever cruises over a Kentucky Prep Sports sites to see what we think about him.

So while I've never seen KYNINERSFAN engage in destructive name calling, gooch has a somewhat valid point. We are all guilty of it at one time or another (I know I've done it). And whether or not we agree the opinions of someone and they may not matter to us, they still matter to God. He formed every human being on the planet from the beginning of time with His own hands. We would do well to remember that lost people are in fact lost. And we should NEVER be surprised when people who live apart from the Lord behave in a manner that we would never dream of. If they don't have a personal relationship with God we can't expect them to be held to that standard. I know before I gave my life to Christ I certainly had some opinions and habits that were certainly not in line with God- but because I didn't have that relationship with Him I didn't view them as destructive.

We all just have to remember that people matter to God and as Christians they should matter to us. I know Oldrambler very well for example, and I vehemently disagree with him on a lot of his politics, but to me that doesn't make him less of a person. It sure doesn't make him an idiot and I don't think less of him or anyone here because they have a different mindset than me. And I especially don't look down on someone who is lost and doesn't know any better.

We all need to remember that we are to be a light wherever we are- even here. And we can show people that we can above destructive actions and still have an excellent life. And the best thing we can do is love people we disagree with, pray for them, and be there when they are broken and looking for a way home.

If I remember right some guy said "Love your enemies." I can't remember who said that was but I'm pretty sure he is in KYNINERSFAN's avatar. ;)

Very well put Red Rambler. Sometimes I let the "other " side of me get the better sometimes. Michael Moore does make me ill when I hear him talk and see him doing some of the things he does. If he is trying to get guns and bullets out of the hands of our kids then that is a positive for him I did not know. I have learned something here today. That is why I asked. Maybe I don't see the whole picture all of the time. Some very good points.

I hope all notice I did not put hate as an option. Hate is such a powerful destructive word. I, and anyone who knows me well would tell you, I do not hate anyone. I may dislike someones actions or conduct but to say that I hate them would be wrong. One of my co-workers and a poster on BGP "CURTIS LOWE" could tell you a lot about my life. He knows me pretty well. I love life and I love people. I usually never meet a stranger and I like that. Maybe if I could meet Michael and have a heart to heart talk with him I may see him in a different light. Maybe.

Edited by KYNINERSFAN
Added additional comment.

The questions are not the problem. It's the facts that Moore mangles.

:thumb: M. Moore is not capable of telling the truth in any way, shape or form. Putting it in plain and simple terms and jmo........He is a pathalogical liar.

I thought he looked real cute rubbing shoulders with Marilyn Manson, agreeing with every word he(?) said!!:thumb:

:lol::lol::lol: