Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Coury

Featured Replies

What an idiot? Come on, Plato. The kid obviously wasn't happy with his situation and is looking to go somewhere else - whether it be because of academics, athletics or location.

 

I'm a Kentucky fan and I couldn't bear watching Mark Coury play. He's undersized & overmatched; however, the kid plays the game the right way and gets it done in the classroom as well. He's the epitome of what a college athlete (and student) should be, and we Kentucky fans are losing a quality individual. With that said, we'll probably be a better basketball team without him on the floor.

Good luck to Mark Coury wherever he goes. I feel confident that he'll end up somewhere on scholarship - hopefully Billy G and the staff will take care of him and set him up somewhere.

 

I couldn't agree more, He went hard but he just couldn't compete at this level.

That's the point of having a July presser...

 

Of course.

 

However, I don't think he would have said the things he did regarding Liggins and Galloway if he did not totally believe they would be suited up this fall. If things looked bad on that front then I believe BCG would have just no commented or played it off instead of setting himself up to look like an idiot. Could be wrong, but I Gillespie isn't the type of guy to get everyones hopes up just to totally crash them.

What an idiot. .

 

That is pretty harsh. He was a walk-on.

 

He might have a scholarship at a smaller school and have his education paid for. Or maybe he was not happy at UK.

 

No matter the reason don't call a college basketball player an idiot for transferring.

First and foremost, the kid knows that his playing time here is about to go away. I like the guy, he is just going to be pushed off the floor by better talent.

He knows it, happy here or not.

If he wants to keep playing minutes, he knows it will have to be elsewhere.

I hope he finds a good fit and has a wonderful college experience for the time he has left.

Bigger picture.... He's never going to play professionally so why not play at one of the most esteemed programs in college basketball. If he graduates and is the fan favorite ala Massiello - he gets an awesome job from some alumni and has all the tools he needs to be successful in his after basketball life.

Yes he may end up playing more minutes elsewhere, but no way will the payoff be what it could have been had he stayed at UK.

Maybe idiot was too strong - or I had a bad day and shot off at the mouth... but I'll stand by my view that this decision is not in his best interests.

 

Plus - some of us die-hard UK fans who grew up bleeding blue would have given our left arm and our first born to wear the blue and white. It's a sickness, and there is no cure.

Bigger picture.... He's never going to play professionally so why not play at one of the most esteemed programs in college basketball. If he graduates and is the fan favorite ala Massiello - he gets an awesome job from some alumni and has all the tools he needs to be successful in his after basketball life.

Yes he may end up playing more minutes elsewhere, but no way will the payoff be what it could have been had he stayed at UK.

Maybe idiot was too strong - or I had a bad day and shot off at the mouth... but I'll stand by my view that this decision is not in his best interests.

 

Plus - some of us die-hard UK fans who grew up bleeding blue would have given our left arm and our first born to wear the blue and white. It's a sickness, and there is no cure.

 

Preaching to the Choir. :thumb:

Bigger picture.... He's never going to play professionally so why not play at one of the most esteemed programs in college basketball. If he graduates and is the fan favorite ala Massiello - he gets an awesome job from some alumni and has all the tools he needs to be successful in his after basketball life.

Yes he may end up playing more minutes elsewhere, but no way will the payoff be what it could have been had he stayed at UK.

Maybe idiot was too strong - or I had a bad day and shot off at the mouth... but I'll stand by my view that this decision is not in his best interests.

 

Plus - some of us die-hard UK fans who grew up bleeding blue would have given our left arm and our first born to wear the blue and white. It's a sickness, and there is no cure.

 

:thumb:

I can definitely understand if he wants college to be paid for. While going to UK is a dream for many people, so is having college paid for.

My understanding is that he had a 4.0 GPA while at UK. This means that his education will probably be paid for somewhere via an academic scholarship and you're probably right, he'll never play professional ball, but with his academic skills, I feel confident he'll be able to make a fine professional living in another field of his choosing. He always seem to be a fine young man that Kentucky, in my opinion, was lucky to have represent them

  • Author
What an idiot. Started for UK and isn't good enough to play at another high major. He could have just kept his nose clean and got a degree and been taken care of for life....

Did they say where he might go?

20 minutes north at G-town College he could be a contributor.

 

I wasn't even talking about going to a divison one school, i knew that Coury had good grades and maybe now he is getting his chance to play at a smaller school.

Who will the walkons find to help them bully other students around? I guess Josh Harrellson is a good candidate :thumb: :lol:

Who will the walkons find to help them bully other students around? I guess Josh Harrellson is a good candidate :thumb: :lol:

 

 

Is Krebs gone?

Is Krebs gone?

 

:rolleyes:Dude's a good, tough kid. I know I'd want him in a foxhole with me if it came to it. He's gone through a lot of family situations and yet he continues to do good.

 

OK, OK he let one situation get away, I'm sure we've all had that one time where we wish we could take something back. Mark is a great guy. Live and let die.

I can definitely understand if he wants college to be paid for. While going to UK is a dream for many people, so is having college paid for.

 

Besides, the guy's from Michigan. Why is it so hard for Wildcat fans to understand that everybody else in the world doesn't feel the same way about UK as they do?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.