Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trade Deadline Rumors/Updates

Featured Replies

# On July 3rd, ESPN's Jayson Stark said the Reds would accept bids on Aaron Harang. He cautioned that the Reds would have to be bowled over. Jocketty, however, downplayed the idea of a Harang trade. And with Harang possibly hurt, a trade is even less likely.

 

# Why is there no buzz on Adam Dunn yet? It might be because Dunn "hasn't yet been made available," according to Will Carroll. Joel Sherman wonders if the Reds would be hesitant to offer Dunn arbitration after the season for fear that he might accept. That could reduce the asking price.

 

# Jack Magruder takes the "Bonds to D-Backs" rumor a step further, saying the D'Backs have had internal discussions about Bonds.

 

# Bowman says Braves GM Frank Wren isn't finding a reasonable deal for a power-hitting outfielder, but he's also disappointed by the Mark Teixeira market. Bowman believes the picture will be clearer and the offers better a few weeks from now. He adds that the Braves would seek a first baseman in a Teixeira trade. Perhaps James Loney, Casey Kotchman, or Kevin Youkilis would work. If the Braves buy, Xavier Nady is one possibility. Bowman wonders if the Bucs could look to reacquire Brent Lillibridge.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Cutler was saying there was rumors of Dbacks looking at Dunn. Need a power hitting OFer and the Dbacks are one of the few organizations that could give up prospects for Dunn and not be hurt.

 

And he cautioned it also would look likely that Dunn is not traded unless the Reds get something good in return.

 

Seems they can let him go at the end of the season and get two first round draft picks in compensation.

 

That is better than letting him go for marginal prospects.

# On July 3rd, ESPN's Jayson Stark said the Reds would accept bids on Aaron Harang. He cautioned that the Reds would have to be bowled over. Jocketty, however, downplayed the idea of a Harang trade. And with Harang possibly hurt, a trade is even less likely.

 

# Why is there no buzz on Adam Dunn yet? It might be because Dunn "hasn't yet been made available," according to Will Carroll. Joel Sherman wonders if the Reds would be hesitant to offer Dunn arbitration after the season for fear that he might accept. That could reduce the asking price.

 

# Jack Magruder takes the "Bonds to D-Backs" rumor a step further, saying the D'Backs have had internal discussions about Bonds.

 

# Bowman says Braves GM Frank Wren isn't finding a reasonable deal for a power-hitting outfielder, but he's also disappointed by the Mark Teixeira market. Bowman believes the picture will be clearer and the offers better a few weeks from now. He adds that the Braves would seek a first baseman in a Teixeira trade. Perhaps James Loney, Casey Kotchman, or Kevin Youkilis would work. If the Braves buy, Xavier Nady is one possibility. Bowman wonders if the Bucs could look to reacquire Brent Lillibridge.

 

 

If I were a BoSox fan I would be very upset if they traded Youkilis. I love that guy. IMO he is the heart and soul of that team.

Alan Cutler was saying there was rumors of Dbacks looking at Dunn. Need a power hitting OFer and the Dbacks are one of the few organizations that could give up prospects for Dunn and not be hurt.

 

And he cautioned it also would look likely that Dunn is not traded unless the Reds get something good in return.

 

Seems they can let him go at the end of the season and get two first round draft picks in compensation.

 

That is better than letting him go for marginal prospects.

 

 

The D'Backs don't need Dunn.

The D'Backs don't need Dunn.

Who does?:D:confused:

Reds better get rid of Dunn. But no reason to get back into that topic again. :lol:

 

The White Sox were talking about trying to trade Juan Uribe at one time, but with the release of Pablo Ozuna, I'm not sure if they still will. That and Juan is making way, way too much money for a guy who hits nothing.

If I were a BoSox fan I would be very upset if they traded Youkilis. I love that guy. IMO he is the heart and soul of that team.

 

I don't see that happening. Teixeira is not really an upgrade over Youkilis. Tex is hitting .275 with 17 Homeruns and 67 RBIs with a .381 OBA. Youkilis is hitting .319 with 14 Homeruns and 57 RBIs and .384 OBA. There's only a 1 year age difference and Youkilis is a Gold Glove Firstbaseman. I could see the Red Sox interest in Teixeira but only as a replacement for Ortiz if he can't come back, I don't think they would trade Youkilis to get him.

  • Author
I don't see that happening. Teixeira is not really an upgrade over Youkilis. Tex is hitting .275 with 17 Homeruns and 67 RBIs with a .381 OBA. Youkilis is hitting .319 with 14 Homeruns and 57 RBIs and .384 OBA. There's only a 1 year age difference and Youkilis is a Gold Glove Firstbaseman. I could see the Red Sox interest in Teixeira but only as a replacement for Ortiz if he can't come back, I don't think they would trade Youkilis to get him.

 

You saying Teixeira isn't a Gold Glove calibar 1st basemen?

You saying Teixeira isn't a Gold Glove calibar 1st basemen?

 

 

Not at all, just that his offensive numbers aren't much better than Youkilis and there's no upgrade defensively or agewise either. The move just doesn't make sense for the Sox. I could see their interest in Teixeira just not for Youkilis. I could see them offering Coco Crisp and Jed Lowrie or Justin Masterson or something.

  • Author
Not at all, just that his offensive numbers aren't much better than Youkilis and there's no upgrade defensively or agewise either. The move just doesn't make sense for the Sox. I could see their interest in Teixeira just not for Youkilis. I could see them offering Coco Crisp and Jed Lowrie or Justin Masterson or something.

 

Braves don't need Crisp though..

 

Yeah I doubt the Red Sox will be after Tex. I don't think the contending market will have much to offer..Angels have stated that they are planning on standing pat with their roster so I dunno.

Braves don't need Crisp though..

 

Yeah I doubt the Red Sox will be after Tex. I don't think the contending market will have much to offer..Angels have stated that they are planning on standing pat with their roster so I dunno.

 

Yeah and I don't think the Sox would give up Lowrie AND Masterson and they won't move Buchholz so I don't see anything happening on this front.

  • Author
Yeah and I don't think the Sox would give up Lowrie AND Masterson and they won't move Buchholz so I don't see anything happening on this front.

 

I would say it's safe to scratch them from the list..

 

On a side note Ortiz said he felt no pain while taking batting practice the other day.

I would say it's safe to scratch them from the list..

 

On a side note Ortiz said he felt no pain while taking batting practice the other day.

 

 

Yeah, that was really good to hear. Sounds like they're going to start to amp it up later this week and see how he responds. I'd like to see them be able to stand pat and hold onto their prospects.

I'd love to see the Braves keep Tex and re-sign him...but that seems very unlikely.

  • Author
I'd love to see the Braves keep Tex and re-sign him...but that seems very unlikely.

 

I think the Braves will keep Tex and not deal him if they are within 5 games at the deadline..Not saying they won't make a move but Tex will not be involved...If they do keep him after the trade deadline then it all depends on if the Braves make the postseason on their chances to re-sign him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.