I've Got a Confession, I....

STRIKE3

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to the top of the tower, and I sat down immediately. On the way down, I had to hold my mom's hand, and look straight down at the concrete. From what she told me, I was shaking uncontrolably.
I don't do well in any big, open space -- agoraphobia.

We all have things about us, that not many people or BGP members know about. It might be some secret or quirk, that we would never guess. I have several but here is one that I'll reveal....

I have a fear of crossing bridges. :sssh:

Let's here some of yours....

I know this sounds really strange, but I have a really bad, like paranoid, almost had to seek help fear of terrorist attacks that are nuclear, and being invaded by another country. Kinda like that 80's movie with Patrick Swayzee(spelling)

I had a panic attack at Clingmon's (sp?) Dome last year in Gatlinburg, so safe to say heights are out of the question as well.

Had one at natural bridge when I was about 16 or so, it was shortly after I'd been in a serious accident and pronounced dead at the scene. Needless to say, I realized just how mortal I was and froze on and unstable surface over looking a large cliff.

I hate wet paper.

I don't mind using a wet paper towel to wipe a counter or something down with but absolutely will not pick up a wet napkin, note book paper or anything like that. Especially if it's outside and has been rained on.

Yeah I know. It's weird.

I've also got a little bit of OCD in me.

I'm always worried I forgot to turn off a heater, left a stove or oven on, didn't lock a door, ect. I have a heater in my bathroon that I'll make sure I turned off 5-10 times before I leave my house. Same with ovens and stoves. I once got close to 20 miles away from my house and turned around because I thought I left a door unlocked (even though we have a very elaborate alarm system in our home).

It usually takes me 5 - 10 minutes to actually get out the door once I decide to leave because I check all of the above several times each to make sure everything is turned off and locked.

I'll check 5-10 times a day to make sure I havent lost any important documents that I'll need. Passport, tickets, anything like that. I'll be needing my passport in a few weeks to go to Cancun, so I've basically checked atleast 5 times a day to make sure that I have it still, even though it's been setting in the same place for the last four months.:laugh:

All the doors (main door to my room, closent and bathroom door) in my room must be shut before I can go to sleep. All the lights in those rooms also must be off. I have to turn my TV to a certain chanel before I turn it off. I can't sleep in a bed that hasn't been made.

This thread has actually made me realize how weird I am. :jump: